How to resolve cannot connect to server issue ?

Discus and support How to resolve cannot connect to server issue ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to play my games online, I’ve tried two different games and each time I try to play them online I get an error message saying they cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lakedra2889, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Lakedra2889
    Lakedra2889 Guest

I am trying to play my games online, I’ve tried two different games and each time I try to play them online I get an error message saying they cannot connect to server. I’ve connected my Xbox one to two different Wi-Fi’s wireless and wired. Made sure it was update as well as making sure both games were update. Made sure I had the Xbox game pass and I even reset the console and I’m still having the same issue.

:)

Lakedra2889, Dec 28, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

I appreciate you letting me know, May I ask what are the games that you're having an issue with?
  3. Lakedra2889 Win User

Yes I have two different Wi-Fi’s and I’ve tried both, wireless and wired.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If that didn't work, do you have a different network connection that we can try to use such as a mobile hotspot just to test it out?
  5. K1N6 SD Win User

Social and GamingLimited

They posted that it was resolved and it's not.. Still cannot connect to ea servers or join / create a party.
  6. Jomari Arc Win User

Server Connectivity: Blocked

Hi,

To resolve connectivity issues, here is a
    link
    on how to troubleshoot Xbox app server is blocked.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.
Thema:

1. How to resolve cannot connect to server issue ? - Similar Threads - resolve cannot connect

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  4. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  5. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  6. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  7. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...
  8. why cant i call a person at microsoft to resolve an issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i call a person at microsoft to resolve an issue: i want to talk to a person at microsoft to resolve an issue 283c568e-4777-4781-be62-1b34f299cb27
  9. How to resolve login issue on Xbox 360 game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve login issue on Xbox 360 game?: Okay, let me see if I can get this all straight... I have been working on the digital Xbox 360 version of Watch Dogs for a couple weeks. Besides the issues with Ubisoft's servers themselves, I...
  10. getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...: is my xbox x network card flaky ? fa3ea43a-c37a-40ec-a1df-825745a8da90