How to resolve an accidental change to my gamertag?

Discus and support How to resolve an accidental change to my gamertag? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I was looking to change my gamertag from the default/random one generated by Microsoft. Unfortunately, while checking for available gamertags I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Double Dollars, May 12, 2023.

1. How to resolve an accidental change to my gamertag?

Hi,

I was looking to change my gamertag from the default/random one generated by Microsoft.
    Unfortunately, while checking for available gamertags I accidentally changed it something I didn't want to.
    I wanted 'A' but now I'm stuck with 'B' and can't change to 'A' without paying 9.99 USD.

This is big design flaw that doesn't account for user error. There should be a cool off period before you actually lock into a username.
    How do I get this resolved?
    The Xbox support page is a joke, I can't talk to Microsoft agent and calling option throws error.
    There should be an option for email support, like there is for every other company that ever existed. Why does MS have to be this weird and stupid about customer support. Whoever came up with this stupid idea of removing email option from contact us, fire them immediately.

If anyone from MS can please reset or revert the change so I can select the one that I really want.

Funny thing is, I was originally planning to purchase an Xbox Game Pass subscription. But this customer support absurdity of Xbox has discouraged me. I don't have any faith that my issues will get immediate attention/support from Microsoft. Good on you to lose another prospective customer.

:)

Double Dollars, May 12, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that it is important for you to be able to change and update your gamertag. I know how critical it is for you make this change for free. Based on your description, you are stuck on the gamertag you did not choose. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Last 2019, Xbox have updated its policy about gamertag, and it is included on the same article that first gamertag change is for free regardless of how many changes you made before the update in the past. Subsequent changes are the same as before ($9.99 USD). Support article: Xbox gamertag FAQ | Xbox Support

Here in Community, no one can update your personal information, and we understand that you wanted to reach out to support for assistance in reset/revert of the gamertag. To avoid any privacy or security breach to your data, changes to Microsoft accounts are all automatically handled and validated.

However, we are concern with how you cannot reach out to support using our support site and with that we can have an investigation. Do you mind sharing to us a screenshot of the error message and provide to us your country/region? Please conceal your phone number, complete home address is not necessary just the country/region.

For your reference, we will provide you the steps on how to contact support team on our next reply.

Last but the most important, we hear you and we know you have suggestion and better idea of how Xbox should support gamers like you in the future. We would encourage you to voice out your ideas and suggestion to Team Xbox. You may use Feedback Hub app for Windows and this link: Xbox Idea Hub.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Accidentally changed my gamertag

if it was under the 12 character limit and you pay then yes, otherwise no.
  5. actual sins Win User

Accidentally changed my gamertag!

Go to you're Microsoft account online, and then go to you're order history and ask for a refund
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Accidentally Changed My Gamertag

You can change your gamertag again but you will have to pay,you won't get it changed for free.
Thema:

1. How to resolve an accidental change to my gamertag? - Similar Threads - resolve accidental change

2. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  3. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  4. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  5. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...
  6. why cant i call a person at microsoft to resolve an issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i call a person at microsoft to resolve an issue: i want to talk to a person at microsoft to resolve an issue 283c568e-4777-4781-be62-1b34f299cb27
  7. How to resolve login issue on Xbox 360 game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve login issue on Xbox 360 game?: Okay, let me see if I can get this all straight... I have been working on the digital Xbox 360 version of Watch Dogs for a couple weeks. Besides the issues with Ubisoft's servers themselves, I...
  8. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?: I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm...
  9. sedy used wi.I would ilthis issue is resolved. pld really like this issue resolved if you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sedy used wi.I would ilthis issue is resolved. pld really like this issue resolved if you...: my microsoft flight simulator is giving me a warning. that reads. this xbox live account is already used with another steam account on microsoft flight simulator. you will not have access to...
  10. How do I resolve this issue? Loading screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I resolve this issue? Loading screen.: I am playing Halo wars definitive edition on my PC and , it lets me launch my game but whenever I press start I get stuck on a loading screen that reads " Loading your profiles storage" I have...