How to reset child password in Microsoft Family

Discus and support How to reset child password in Microsoft Family in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; We don't have the password for one of the child accounts in Microsoft Family. I've tried the password reset page and have filled in all of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JCS-OR, Nov 21, 2021.

1. JCS-OR
    JCS-OR Guest

We don't have the password for one of the child accounts in Microsoft Family. I've tried the password reset page and have filled in all of the information we have, including many possibilities for the old password. The automated system says that it's not enough information.

I have access to Microsoft Family and can change all of the profile information or delete the account.

Again, this is for a Microsoft Family child's account (outlook.com), not a Windows account. The reset page reports that I do not have enough information and there is simply no more information to put in.

How do we change the password?

:)

JCS-OR, Nov 21, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that in changing password, that can’t be managed through family page. It can be managed through the reset password page and through the recovery form.

I would love for you to reset password for the child’s account however there is a dedicated team that is handling changing password and recovery of a Microsoft account and they can only be reached by submitting a recovery form. Submitting the form has no limit though you can only submit twice a day.

If possible use the same device where you used to sign in your child’s account and make sure that all details are accurate. Kindly check this link for other tips: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  3. Dericka Win User

How to reset a child's password in Microsoft Family

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. You can try to recover the account here:

https://account.live.com/acsr

Thanks!
  4. Mister Cerb Win User

Erro ao conectar com a Xbox Live [Translation: Error connecting to Xbox Live]

Hey there! Give these solutions a shot and let us know how they work for you. ^_^

Solution 1: Make sure that you are using the right Microsoft account

If you have more than one Microsoft account, make sure that you use the right one — the one that was used to create your Xbox LIVE account. If you forgot, see Manage
    your Microsoft account

Note If the Xbox LIVE account is a child account, make sure that you enter the child's Microsoft account.

Solution 2: Check your Microsoft account on Xbox.com

To make sure that the Microsoft account you are using is the right one, try signing in to Xbox.com by using the same Microsoft account that you are trying to use on your console. If there’s a problem with that Microsoft account, you are prompted to correct
    it.

If you are signed in with an incorrect gamertag or if you are prompted to create a new Microsoft account, you are likely using the wrong Microsoft account.

Solution 3: For a child’s account, use the child's Microsoft account

If the Xbox LIVE account is a child's account, make sure that you enter your child's Microsoft account. You must use the Microsoft account that was used to create the account.

If your child's Microsoft account was automatically created as part of Family Account setup and you try to reset the password, email is sent to the Microsoft account parent account (the Xbox LIVE family primary account). Follow the instructions in that email
    to reset the child's account's password.

If you only want to download the account profile, use the Download Profile feature when you are signed in with the Xbox LIVE family primary account.

Solution 4: Reset your Microsoft account password

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, try resetting your password.

Solution 5: Go to the Windows Solution Center

If you can’t reset your Microsoft account password, go to the Windows Solution Center for help recovering your password. Xbox Support can’t reset your Microsoft account password for
    you.
  5. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Child Account

Hello goboilers777,

Thank you for keeping us updated. The passkey is only for the Xbox. If the child knows the email address and password, the child will be able to change the family settings from a cell phone or computer. The best way to manage the security of the family settings
    is to set up the passkey on the console as recommended above and
    change the password of the adult account
    . If the child has access to the
    security information of the account
    , the child will be able to reset the password. In the event of attempting to change the password, the Microsoft account will send a verification code to the security information of the account. As long as the child does
    not have access to the security information, access to the password or access to the passkey; the child will not be able to change the family settings.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox Family parent account error

You would have to sign into that adult Microsoft account there had to be a password setup for it at some point in time Even if it was misspelled if your not sure of the password for that account you can go to account.live.com/acsr and try and recover the
    account and reset the password once you have the password reset and know the password for the parental account you can go to account.live.com/addassocid and add a different email address for signing into that account and that will correct the misspelling.

Or once you get the password for the account you can sign into the wrong account at account.microsoft.com/family and remove your account from its family then sign into the account that you want your account on as a child and add it as a child to that accounts
    family.
Thema:

1. How to reset child password in Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - reset child password

2. Hall of Champions Reset, Why doesn’t it reset?

in XboX Insiders
    Hall of Champions Reset, Why doesn’t it reset?: Am I missing something or are others experiencing this I’m being told to reset my rank as I’m past 17 but it’s not coming up to let me reset Thanks submitted by /u/SoftwareJolly4159 [link]...
  3. Nothing installs. Console has been reset twice.

in XBoX on Windows
    Nothing installs. Console has been reset twice.: No apps will install. Console has been reset twice and cache cleared three separate times. 1a4dc5b2-6bb4-4506-b8c3-c5afd67b2a47
  4. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.: My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory...
  5. Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!: I recently set up two microsoft accounts specifically for our under 10 kids to play minecraft on the Switch. Of course since they (and I) don't log into their accounts after verifying on devices...
  6. Parental account: unlock the child account and reset the password over parent account possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental account: unlock the child account and reset the password over parent account possible?: Hello, I may have not posted this in the right forum, so please adjust this, if necessary. I just created an account for my son, so that he is able to play Minecraft online. For this, he...
  7. There is a issue when you go to reset the console on a child's account. The child doesn't...

in XboX Insiders
    There is a issue when you go to reset the console on a child's account. The child doesn't...: There is a issue when you go to reset the console on a child's account. The child doesn't need permission and can reset the console. After the console resets the child can make a new Xbox account....
  8. Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with...: Hi it's day 4 of the Xbox birthday saga. Any help appreciated. My payment card etc got initially associated with the child account, and because it was all [mod removed] about face, once the child...
  9. How’s can I get my security question reset and my account is a child so can I still reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    How’s can I get my security question reset and my account is a child so can I still reset: can I reset my security question because I need it to take off parental controls and can I do it with a child account or do I need to to have my parents sogn in Into there account to reset the...
  10. Can a child account do a factory reset on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a child account do a factory reset on Xbox One?: I'm considering purchasing an Xbox One and this is the main question that I have. I had a PS4 and I know a sub account could do a factory reset even with the parental controls on. So that was a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to reset a microsfot family childs password from microsoft website