How to remove parent control from a used Xbox?

Discus and support How to remove parent control from a used Xbox? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son bought an Xbox 360 from goodwill and the previous owner did not reset the console, as a result, a parent control is on and we can’t seem to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by John Mcdermott2, Dec 27, 2022.

1. How to remove parent control from a used Xbox?

My son bought an Xbox 360 from goodwill and the previous owner did not reset the console, as a result, a parent control is on and we can’t seem to remove it. A system reset did not work and neither did the system tab code. Please advise.

:)

John Mcdermott2, Dec 27, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

3. XBF Leo G Win User

Important

Hello rudijoubert,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in removing the parental control password from the Xbox 360. We suggest utilizing the article entitled, "How
    to reset the pass code for parental controls on Xbox 360
    " in order to resolve this issue. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. mike90ramirez Win User

Help bypass parental controls

Cool!

To remove the parental control you have to insert a specific code of your console, that is taken from the serial number of the console.

To know this key to remove parental control you must contact the official Xbox support from the following link:

Http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
  5. VibroPlex Win User

Remove me from a family account.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/parental-controls/managing-family-members#9bbb75968bc4439da8b0b887b2aeb705 shows
    how to remove yourself from the Family Plan.
  6. WPAK Win User

How do i remove my parental email address from my childs xbox 360 account?

Hi there,

you can't really remove the parental account untill his account has reached the legal age limit. This based on the birthdate on his account, which can not be changed.

But you can change the parental settings which should allow him to add friends and play games etc without the need of the approval from the parental account.

See this link for the how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control
Thema:

1. How to remove parent control from a used Xbox? - Similar Threads - remove parent control

2. is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?

in XBoX on Windows
    is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?: hi there, i own a asus tuf gaming laptop, and recently it's battery died. I have removed the battery, but i didn't replace it. i am using my laptop's charger to use my laptop. so far it has run...
  3. How to remove black dust marks from Series S

in XboX Insiders
    How to remove black dust marks from Series S: So I am cleaning my series S a few minutes ago and there's like a black dust smudge that I can't seem remove. God knows where it came from. I tried cleaning it off with wet wipes and alcohol and...
  4. how do i remove a edge virus

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i remove a edge virus: pretty much everytime i click on something on my xbox’s microsoft edge i get taken to a tab called nossairt or waisheph which shows me some sort of add and makes it impossible to use the edge...
  5. How can I remove someone as my Xbox parent?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I remove someone as my Xbox parent?: A former friend used my log in details to set himself as my Xbox parent and keeps setting my account to child, I have politely asked him to resolve it but he keeps refusing and I have no idea how...
  6. How can I remove a parent from an account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I remove a parent from an account: I've been trying for some time but I haven't been able to do it. The parent on my account deceased a few years ago and I've been having trouble trying to get rid of the parent account from my...
  7. My grandparents can't remove parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    My grandparents can't remove parental controls: I was trying to buy a gamepass earlier and my parental controls stopped me my grandparents tried buying it and it didn't work they want to remove the parental controls but they don't know how to...
  8. Help with removing old parental controls when I don’t have the email for the account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help with removing old parental controls when I don’t have the email for the account: So basically over the past days I’ve realized that my name is set to visible for everyone on xbox and I kinda need to change that. However, when I first got an Xbox several years ago my parents...
  9. Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...: So my father is a control freak and controls my sister and I's accounts. Some reason he doesn't like my sister so he has been fiddling with all her accounts. and I want to try and help her by...
  10. I bought an Xbox 360 slim second hand and it needs a parental code how do I remove it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought an Xbox 360 slim second hand and it needs a parental code how do I remove it: I bought an Xbox 360 slim second hand and it needs a parental code how do I remove it 671c03b4-656d-4702-b796-11fab6a526fd