How to remove numbers off PC gamertag now that original name is free to use??

Discus and support How to remove numbers off PC gamertag now that original name is free to use?? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I made myself a new xbox account to use with my PC games (halo), its linked to my email and not to my old live account so its more comfortable for me.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sweiko, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Sweiko
    Sweiko Guest

I made myself a new xbox account to use with my PC games (halo), its linked to my email and not to my old live account so its more comfortable for me. I wanted to use my tag () on the new account. When i went to change my new account´s default tag to , I forgot that my old xbox account had too as a name, and now when I play the name has 4 numbers next to it and its quite annoying. I now know that that only happens if someone else had the name (the old account), so I went and changed the old account tag. The problem now is that the tag is now free and when i try to change the tag on the new account it says that thats the tag that im currently using, when in reality im using 3837. If i wanted to have my gamertag be with the PC name being too, i would need to play 20 bucks, 10 to change the name to a placeholder, and another 10 to finally be able to change both the xbox tag and the pc tag to . Is there any way i can change the pc display name, remove the numbers, now that the name is free? Or do I really need to spend 20 bucks on it?

:)

Sweiko, Jun 14, 2021
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

yep you need to spend, the system wont let you change that name for same one as in its eyes you already have that name, the numbers are there just to avoid issues and to identify the difference.

I would also remove the name you want to change it too from your post, there are people that will just create an account to grab that name to be awkward.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Want to change gamer tag back to what it originally was.

Just recently i changed my gamertag to “do you cuss” thinking it was funny and in the moment it was but now i want to change my name back to what it originally was. I used my free name change to chamge my gamertag, i talked to support and they said
    that free items dont appear in the order history. Is there any possible way i can change my name back to my original name that was 15 letters?
    You will not get a another free name change once you have used the free one, also you will not get your old name back as the limit is now 12 characters so you will have to think of another name.
  4. John P_14 Win User

Removing the numbers off of my name.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I understand that you have a query about your gamertag. If your gamertag is showing a suffix of numbers after the symbol #, it means your gamertag is already taken or associated with an Xbox account. The system automatically assigned you the suffix of numbers to keep your gamertag unique and it’s there to tell you apart from players who have the same gamertag. Unfortunately, we do not have the option to remove them.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Removing the numbers off of my name.

Well you can if you can come up with a unique name or spelling

You will have to pay of course
  6. Broward Blvd Win User

New Gamertag changes

You don’t have to have the 4 numbers after your name if you don’t want to. If you have an original gamertag you can keep it. Only those who want to use the new gamertag system are using it. Original gamertags are still a thing.
Thema:

1. How to remove numbers off PC gamertag now that original name is free to use?? - Similar Threads - remove numbers off

2. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  3. Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username: I made my current account without realizing I already had one with the same username so this one got the numbers. I have changed the username of the first account to something different so it...
  4. How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?: I wanted to change my user but I didn't read that there would be a random set of numbers so now my user is stuck as Gabo4663 6d0db505-4491-4566-9f66-94d3566d647b
  5. Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?: Several months ago, I attempted to redeem my Microsoft rewards points for robux which I had done many times before. But for some reason, this time it said I needed to add a phone number to my...
  6. Removing extra numbers on gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Removing extra numbers on gamertag: So I like my gamertag the way that it's supposed to be but I did a light change to it and now there's extra Numbers at the end and it just totally defaces my numbers that I added and blends in it...
  7. Does anyone have a number I can call about getting a suspension removed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone have a number I can call about getting a suspension removed?: My grandson account is suspended for cash back. His account was hacked. I am trying to get this issue resolved. Does anyone has a contact number, where I can actually speak with someone?...
  8. Can you call me at [mod removed] I need help changing my number on Xbox it’s my number of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you call me at [mod removed] I need help changing my number on Xbox it’s my number of...: Can you call me back at [mod removed] 1a55fa2c-6bca-4919-8700-5fe5fa77da24
  9. Case number ***REMOVED PII***

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Case number ***REMOVED PII***: I need a call back from tech suppprt as cant access for help with error EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post. 104527a8-d6bb-4875-a349-d66b12a5765a
  10. Remove #numbers in gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove #numbers in gamertag: Hello Microsoft support and community I was playing minecraft an hour ago, i migrated my account in 2022 i think, so i stopped using my Gmail account for Mojang and i started to use my microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove numbers from xbox gamertag