How to remove a game that never installs

Discus and support How to remove a game that never installs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; In the XBOX app, a game DEMON'S TILT keeps trying to install but never goes past 0%. I can't cancel or uninstall it either. It also says its ready to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IM8987, Sep 10, 2023.

1. IM8987
    IM8987 Guest

In the XBOX app, a game DEMON'S TILT keeps trying to install but never goes past 0%. I can't cancel or uninstall it either. It also says its ready to launch but if I try to launch it I get an error code 0x80070490.

I tried a few things I read on the forums about games that won't download or install and nothing worked. So I completely reinstalled windows 11, freshly formatted drive, and opened up the xbox app without doing anything other than logging in, and it was still there, doing the same thing. I really don't know what I can do on my end if a fresh windows install doesn't help.

:)

IM8987, Sep 10, 2023
  2. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi IM8987!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the DEMON'S TILT game on your Xbox app. Since you have already tried a few troubleshooting steps and even reinstalled Windows 11, I suggest contacting Xbox support for further assistance. They have the necessary tools and expertise to help you resolve this issue.

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

RodelioP.
  3. sujeet2555 Win User

Cannot find the installed game.

Anyone ,how do i delete the doom and MSIXVC folder ? never gonna renew xbox game pass again.there is problem while installing and there is problem while removing the games.
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

WindowsApps and XBox games

5. havenladVBaLH Win User

If I purchase and install a game from the Microsoft Store on my Xbox and then that game gets removed in the future, can I still install it?

Hi, not sure what you mean by the game getting removed.

Games in the store will never be removed from the store. Even when Series X comes out there will be backwards compatibility (like how you can still find 360 games now)

if you mean removed/uninstalled from your xbox, you just need to go back to the store and find the game, and the option will be there to install (you wont need to purchase again)
  6. Austin Everett Win User

Halo MCC Pre-Load Results in Error Every Time - Any Fix?

The game has never been installed. It tries to start installing but fails and gives the error. I removed and reisntalled the xbox app but that did not help so yes im on thr latest version.
Thema:

1. How to remove a game that never installs - Similar Threads - remove game never

2. Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?: Reeks of “boss says I had to think of something new so this is what I came up with” submitted by /u/JeremyUsbourneWebb [link] [comments]
  3. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  4. Friends in Games removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends in Games removed?: Looks like there was a system update and now when i go to People and then Friends, the option to show Friends in Games is gone. Why would this be removed? Now i see Happening Now was added right...
  5. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  6. [mod removed] bad him for cheating in the game and laugua at people

in XBoX on Consoles
    [mod removed] bad him for cheating in the game and laugua at people: [mod removed] bad him for cheating in the game and laugua at people ea0a06d0-3ab1-4ba8-a976-9ff1bd8985e7
  7. Would reseting my Xbox Series S remove game sharing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would reseting my Xbox Series S remove game sharing?: As the title states I am going to reset my Xbox Series S in an attempt to reset it's cache, I am having troubles with installing Red Dead Redemption 2 on my external and that was one of the...
  8. i subscribed to game pass on my other account but I removed it from my xbox and i can’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i subscribed to game pass on my other account but I removed it from my xbox and i can’t...: i subscribed to game pass on my other account but I removed it from my xbox and i can’t remember the email, I don’t want the account i just want to cancel the subscription from it how can i do...
  9. What gta v is removed from Xbox game pass mobile app i request to return grand theft auto v...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What gta v is removed from Xbox game pass mobile app i request to return grand theft auto v...: I request please add gta v and rdr 2 in xbox game pass app a1df3992-4a61-4c94-834e-e5ecc75c2c38
  10. Digital Games Expiry and removal from Microsoft Library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital Games Expiry and removal from Microsoft Library: If I purchase a game, and you remove this game from you Microsoft library, will I be able to download and play it?, or I will not be able to download it as it is not in the library?, that affects...