How to remove a follower that can't be removed using the block and unblock method?

Discus and support How to remove a follower that can't be removed using the block and unblock method? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I can't remove a certain follower from my account and they are very annoying. I've tried the block and unblock method which has worked on other... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Josh H1, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Josh H1
    Josh H1 Guest

How to remove a follower that can't be removed using the block and unblock method?

I can't remove a certain follower from my account and they are very annoying. I've tried the block and unblock method which has worked on other followers in the past but doesn't work on this individual person. I have removed followers as recently as today so I know for a fact it's an issue with this person only. Please don't provide answers such as "Turn off Xbox", "Wait 6-12 hours" & "Reset console" as I have tried all of these as suggested by Xbox support with no success. The follower/friend system on Xbox is proving to be very troublesome and I wish it was made a lot simpler. People can add you as a friend without a request and now certain people are unable to be blocked/removed as a follower and can continue to harass me. Please Xbox do something about this issue as it is very frustrating to deal with, thanks.

:)

Josh H1, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

That we don't know exactly. All issues will be investigated first and it could take some time depending on the severity of the issue. But if there's a new update, you may keep checking and trying if it has been fixed on your end.
  3. Rostom L Win User

We may not be able to hear from them regarding our reports but rest assured that they're being reviewed. They actually encourage us to report any issue or possible bug we encounter so they can track and fix it on their future updates.
  4. Josh H1 Win User

Hey, I just reported the issue using the app- should I be expecting an email or something from Xbox soon? I really hope it's not just disregarded.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi Josh! I am sorry to know about that. I know how frustrating that must be. I would feel the same way if I were on your situation.

This is clearly a cloud issue or system issue on their end. I highly recommend that you instead file a bug or report using the Report a problem app on Xbox so the Xbox team will be able to gather data and investigate the issue properly. Check your guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

As a friendly reminder, don’t ever retaliate to them. Simply report it and for sure the Xbox enforcement team will take necessary actions if proven that person violates the Xbox Community Standards.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Sure thing, Josh. The Xbox Team appreciate all our reports for them the fix any issue or bug to improve our experience.

Thank you for your patience and time here in the community.

Take care!
Thema:

1. How to remove a follower that can't be removed using the block and unblock method? - Similar Threads - remove follower can't

2. Remove followers...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Remove followers...: I'm uncomfortable having followers that I don't know on my account. It's not enough to just block them. I want to be able to remove them entirely. Surely it's not unreasonable to allow this. Is...
  3. [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile: Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile - Microsoft Community I have the same problem. XBF-JoannaDark Microsoft Employee Moderator I need your help But I want to give my gamertag by...
  4. How to remove follower from follow list?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to remove follower from follow list?: I really need help from a Microsoft technical advisor. I have had this issue for a long time and it has not been fixed. I believe it is a bug. I removed a few gamertags from my friends list and...
  5. How to get help removing an unwanted follower?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to get help removing an unwanted follower?: There is a follower on my Xbox profile that will not get removed no matter what I try. I have tried blocking them on my Xbox, as well as the PC and mobile apps with no success. I also tried...
  6. Unable to remove 2 followers on my Xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to remove 2 followers on my Xbox account: Hi, I have 2 followers on my Xbox account whom I used to play Minecraft with. When restricting my profile to only have in person friends following me and being friends with me on Xbox, these 2...
  7. Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile: Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile - Microsoft Community I have the same problem. XBF-JoannaDark Microsoft Employee Moderator I need your help But I want to give my gamertag by...
  8. Unable To Remove Certain Followers (Bug/Glitch)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable To Remove Certain Followers (Bug/Glitch): Hello, I would like to reiterate, and re-emphasize a common issue not only myself, however, others as well too have had over the years with the Platform in regard to Friends and Followers. More...
  9. Can't remove follower?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't remove follower?: I remove unwanted followers by blocking and unblocking them but one stays no matter what. It began since I was on xbox one, now I use the series x and it's still there... so annoying.... how do I...
  10. I can't remove 3 followers

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't remove 3 followers: I can't remove 3 followers who have me in their friend list, I also tried to block them but they won't delete me from their list. With others I was able to unsubscribe from their friends list but...