How to reduce latency

Discus and support How to reduce latency in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do I reduce my latency. It was fine before but now I am having issues it’s at 18ms which is noticeable when I play. I have contacted my service... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dan whaymand, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Dan whaymand
    Dan whaymand Guest

How to reduce latency

How do I reduce my latency. It was fine before but now I am having issues it’s at 18ms which is noticeable when I play. I have contacted my service provider and everything is ok on their end.

I’ve tried to Microsoft hard reset etc and it’s not reducing.

:)

Dan whaymand, Feb 21, 2023
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

How to reduce latency

18ms is fantastic for a console, especially xbox as live adds about 30ms as it is, you are not gonna get better than that due to distance to the servers and the route your isp takes, normally the latency on console sits around 30 to 50ms so thank yourself lucky.

if you are noticing any kind of lag then it is something else at play which could also be the route the network traffic is taking or the servers in general, you will not get much better than 18 and it is very very difficult to even notice lower than 18ms
  3. Francia J. Win User

How to reduce latency

Hi Dan, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Are you connected using an ethernet cable, Dan? That will improve your latency.

Also, try comparing the latency on a different device for example on a PC, Laptop, or mobile device connected to the same network, go to https://speedtest.net then test on your Xbox console:

Settings > General > Network Settings > Test Network Speed & Statistics.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. supermm Win User

Problems with internet.

5. Muhammad Luqman Qure Win User

Latency on xbox series s is a lot more than on the laptop

I mostly play halo infinate and the latency on that too reaches 150 ms.

The sole reason I have been trying to reduce the latency on xbox for a month is the unplayable level of latency on halo infinate.
  6. Alex Adams2 Win User

Why is my ping so high

Would there be anyway to reduce to latency to the Xbox live network ? I tried dns and different ports
Thema:

How to reduce latency

1. How to reduce latency - Similar Threads - reduce latency

2. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  3. Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?: I only play on weekends and I would like to know if the console's useful life decreases as time passes by turning it off and on several times during the month. 7b9b27f0-f7bd-491f-9acf-d4e4be4e2770
  4. Why is Microsoft/Xbox reducing monthly reward points for completing tasks?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Microsoft/Xbox reducing monthly reward points for completing tasks?: Why is Microsoft/Xbox reducing monthly reward points for completing tasks? Why do they quietly drop the reward tasks without letting us know. It seems underhand? Thank you...
  5. How to reduce controller sensitivity after recent update.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to reduce controller sensitivity after recent update.: New updates have come out & since then my controller seems over-responsive. Small taps will cause the cursor to travel quite far & characters continue moving long after I've stopped moving them....
  6. I lost my Microsoft email for Minecraft due to reducing to Windows 10

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my Microsoft email for Minecraft due to reducing to Windows 10: I reset my computer to Windows 10 and lost everything because I had to delete it all due to decreasing to a lower version of windows, I can prove I am the owner of the account by stating the...
  7. Why is Microsoft/Xbox removing monthly rewards punch card and reducing points for...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Microsoft/Xbox removing monthly rewards punch card and reducing points for...: Microsoft has been slowly rolling back the number of rewards points given out. For example montly punch cards were 2500 points it went down to 1000 and now its gone all together within the last 6...
  8. Should Xbox reduce the amount of apps it has for mobile?

in XboX Insiders
    Should Xbox reduce the amount of apps it has for mobile?: You think Xbox should just merge all their apps into the main app for mobile or not? submitted by /u/Memeusboi [link] [comments]
  9. How to reduce input lag mouse movement on Xbox series x on several games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to reduce input lag mouse movement on Xbox series x on several games: I have an issue with input lag mouse movement on several games using mouse razer death adder v.2 I think it's mouse acceleration lag as I overshoot the target location with the curser all the...
  10. i would like my permanet suspenion be reduced to a one month suspension

in XBoX Accessibility
    i would like my permanet suspenion be reduced to a one month suspension: My xbox account was suspended for indefinite becasue of my gamerpic i understand what i did wrong i thought it was going to be a joke im sorry for those i offended but it was my first offense and...