how to redeem xbox code for child account where game is rated higher than setting for child

Discus and support how to redeem xbox code for child account where game is rated higher than setting for child in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there My child plays Fortnite on the xbox and because of his age and the content, I have to approve this along with any purchases. Which is really... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pete1923, May 16, 2020.

1. Pete1923
    Pete1923 Guest

how to redeem xbox code for child account where game is rated higher than setting for child

Hi there

My child plays Fortnite on the xbox and because of his age and the content, I have to approve this along with any purchases. Which is really good because I get to control it. However, he purchased a Darkfire code from a store to give him some additional
    skins and weapons, but we can't work out where to enter the code.

The box says to redeem online at microsoft.com/redeem but that will add it to my account. Further research found that we can add it in the Xbox store redeem code section directly in his account. This we thought was going to work but at the end of entering
    in the code, the console then said that he was not old enough and should choose another game.

I thought it would at least send an email asking for me to approve the use of the code. Not stop it all together. So now I don't know what to do. And I don't know if the code has been used and not given anything back. Or can I redeem it online and gift
    it to my child's account? I don't want to change his age or lift the restrictions. I like having the control to grant or deny content.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

:)

Pete1923, May 16, 2020
  2. DomusCasa Win User

Hi Pete,

If I understand your question correctly, you will have at least a few options. Did you already tried the steps outlined on

this page of XBOX Support
    ? I don't know if it will work, but it could be worth a try. Otherwise you could of course lift the restrictions completely, redeem the code and then put the restrictions back into place. I understand that that may not be the most
    preferable way, but I think it should at least work.

I hope this helps you. If not: let me know!

Kind regards,

3. Pete1923 Win User

Hi DomusCasa

Thanks for the quick response. The options on the Xbox support page is something that I use. So when he wants to access a game or even buy anything, he has to request it and then I can agree or not.

I tried changing the age content to 15 which is enough for the M content. We redeemed the code OK, checked it was all in the game and then dropped him back to his age again. Checked the game and all is working well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards

Pete
  4. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Time Limits on Specific XBox Games

5. ngocphi Win User

How do I "downgrade" from Family Gold LIVE?

You can play games as long as family settings allows it

Demos m rated or higher cannot be used by child accounts
  6. Cristiancasares Win User

Xbox One X Content restriction clarification?

Can someone please clarify the parental control exception rule to me on a child's account?
    If my child's account is set to 15, he cannot play Red Dead Redemption 2 as its rated 18 due to the parental control I have set. As a parent if I click ALWAYS does that automatically lift his account
     rating to 18 and allow him to play any 18 rated game or only ALWAYS for that one game?
    Does that create a database of games that he is allowed to play by me the parent or just basically lifts the rating to 18? If it just lifts the overall content access to 18 rated I am unsure then
     why is that a permanent change that cannot be revoked.
    "Grant an exception to your child’s content limits on Xbox One
    Overview

If you want to grant your child permission to view content that’s rated higher than the child account settings for your family, you don’t need to change all of the settings to give access to a specific
    content type, such as a game or a video.

Any adult in the family has the ability to grant exceptions to the content limits currently in the child account settings for your family. You have two options in granting exceptions:

• Always – This option grants a permanent exception that can’t be revoked.
    • Just this once – This option is a one-off exception. It expires as soon as the child signs out of the console."
Thema:

1. how to redeem xbox code for child account where game is rated higher than setting for child - Similar Threads - redeem code child

2. Why does the code say already redeemed

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the code say already redeemed: Just bought a gift card and son tried to redeem on account and it says the code has already been redeemed 2f38dac4-7ccf-435e-96df-d4ff11904b74
  3. Nightmare family pack now showing up on Xbox x It’s says I redeemed code. But no one shows up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Nightmare family pack now showing up on Xbox x It’s says I redeemed code. But no one shows up: Nightmare family pack not showing up after I redeemed code. 92cdab1f-4f92-4781-9a65-d986352b7c4f
  4. How do I get a code that's been redeemed but never add my v bucks to my for fortnight game

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a code that's been redeemed but never add my v bucks to my for fortnight game: On March 3add a vbuck and says it was confirmed but never added epic says it's Microsoft due it secondary code never redeemed so I did go back try code but says I can't I just need help get my...
  5. I redeemed Minecraft code but not showing in my purchase history?

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed Minecraft code but not showing in my purchase history?: Back in 2021 i Bought Minecraft code from Amazon and redeemed it to my mail everything is working totally fine I can play the game with mail everything fine but the purchase history of the order...
  6. Xbox series X wwe 2k24 american nightmare family pack code was redeemed on PC but not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox series X wwe 2k24 american nightmare family pack code was redeemed on PC but not...: Xbox series X wwe 2k24 american nightmare family pack code was redeemed on PC but not showing up on xbox series x console 1963545a-d12a-4715-a864-ca57e8d12bf8
  7. Why does the v bucks code is not redeeming?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the v bucks code is not redeeming?: I redeem the code on epic and then they gave me the Xbox code and on instructions says go in Microsoft store and select redeem code. That what I did, but it said that I can’t redeem the code in...
  8. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  9. Fortnite redeem code not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Fortnite redeem code not working: My daughter for a fortnite card for her birthday and we redeemed it for her but the code isn't working. Its saying .you cant redeem is code here but yet again you can redeem it through the...
  10. Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...: My rubux i reedmed witch was 100 rubux don’t work the code Dosent I want compition witch is that I want 1000.rubux beacuse my code dont work 2d757090-6611-43a0-8e57-ca3937587095