How to recover my old gamertag

Discus and support How to recover my old gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I this is a very long story but when I logged onto Minecraft today my gamertag changed to my Xbox account name which it has never done before. My... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SwordsmanFl, Feb 7, 2023.

1. SwordsmanFl
    SwordsmanFl Guest

Hi I this is a very long story but when I logged onto Minecraft today my gamertag changed to my Xbox account name which it has never done before. My gamertag always used to be Swordsman2427 but has now changed to my Xbox name so I made a new gamer tag and Xbox account name called swordsman then 4 new digits at the end and that all worked fine until I logged onto a server and it popped up with my old Xbox account name. I don't know what to do and I also am trying to recover my old gamertag swordsman2427 because I realized that I need that account to keep all my achievements and work I have done on the server

:)

SwordsmanFl, Feb 7, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SwordsmanFl, when we change the Gamertag it may take some time for it to be updated in all developer databases, including Mojang.

I don't know how you ended up without your original Gamertag but once it's changed it's not possible to get it back.
  3. fredgiblet Win User

How to Recover An Old Gamertag

You will need to remember the e-mail you used to set up the original gamertag and use that to download that account. If it was the same e-mail then there's 2 possibilities.

1. You are misremembering and it was a different e-mail

2. The old Microsoft Account was shut down and the old gamertag is currently on NO e-mail address.

Both of these will require contacting Live support (by phone in America/Canada at 1-800-469-9269) to verify the information on the account. if it's problem 2 then they will likely need to escalate to get it fixed.

If you want to have your old gamertag on your new account then you will need to game access to the old account, change the gamertag, then hope that it becomes available at some point for you to use on the new account.
  4. Smwutches Win User

How to recover Old Gamertag ?

The only way would be to change your tag again, which would require payment.
  5. GreyStormGaming Win User

Recover old gamertag.

Hey,

I see that you're having trouble redownloading your profile levass4, I suggest you go to: http://microsoft.com , log in with credentials for levass4 and go here : https://account.microsoft.com/devices?fref=home.banner.devices&refd=account.microsoft.com

You'll be able to see which devices your account is logged on and you can remove the account from those devices and log in on your Xbox.

Hope this helps, cheers :D
  6. WhirlwindBread2 Win User

Recover old gamertag.

Good morning, Nozzle.

I tried what you said but levass4 is not one of the options to add. When I click on add new and add levass4 it says it's already in use.

Are you able to pull up my email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** and delete the Whirlwind and add levass4 on our profile?

thank you

Dawne
Thema:

1. How to recover my old gamertag - Similar Threads - recover old gamertag

2. Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9)

in XboX Insiders
    Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9): I need help recovering a lost account because I putted all my fallout 3 dlcs in that account and the dlc cd wont budge on my new account any help will do! submitted by /u/Ok-Sweet-6357 [link]...
  3. How can I recover an old and unused account? URGENT

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover an old and unused account? URGENT: I have an outlook account just like this email but I forgot all login information. Please dont tell me that there is no way of recovering it. I see I still have my old number linked to the...
  4. Recover 8 year old Gamertag from Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover 8 year old Gamertag from Xbox 360?: My old gamertag is still associated with my Microsoft account email address and Xbox Live Online account. I have not not subscribed to Xbox Live Gold since July 2015. There is a resubscribe...
  5. Could I recover my old gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Could I recover my old gamertag?: I was trying out a gamertag but did not know the next changes will be charged. Could I at least return to my old gamertag? 20ab70ac-a9cc-4b42-a52f-5b07864eeade
  6. How can i recover old account info? I am being charged and don't even use that old account!...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i recover old account info? I am being charged and don't even use that old account!...: how do i recover an old account if i don't have info? I am still being charged every month and don't even use 2f03c363-473f-46fd-b85f-ed853c94ddc5
  7. need help recovering an old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help recovering an old account: so I had a old xbox account that was attached to my moms work email and microsoft has stopped accepting work emails for account and when I try to sign into it it says the account doesn’t exist so...
  8. i cannot Recover my Old account and now that other platform such as Bungie PS5, i want to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cannot Recover my Old account and now that other platform such as Bungie PS5, i want to...: ive tried all emails that i ahve to try log and also by resetting my password through every email possible.. all i need to do is know whats my email attached to this username "MakKauHijauN". i beg...
  9. Can I recover an old account by proving my identity

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover an old account by proving my identity: A long time ago I made an account with a made up email, and I spent many hours playing on that one, and one day I deleted my account by mistake. I have since forgotten the password as well as the...
  10. Can I recover my old Gamertag since I no longer have access to my hacked Microsoft email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover my old Gamertag since I no longer have access to my hacked Microsoft email...: I have a vintage game or two that's no longer in circulation and I'd like to add it to my current profile of humanly possible. a1fa0665-ca0b-4510-b56c-64514c1d5e4c