How to recover key code with pod card #

Discus and support How to recover key code with pod card # in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the receipt from merchant where I purchased a $50 Xbox card. When I attempted to input the code on the gift card, I received an error stating... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChristianW7, Nov 26, 2022.

1. ChristianW7
    ChristianW7 Guest

I have the receipt from merchant where I purchased a $50 Xbox card. When I attempted to input the code on the gift card, I received an error stating that the card had not been activated by the merchant. When I compared the numbers on the receipt with the numbers on the Xbox card, they were not the same.

What do I do to recover the key code for the Xbox card using the card number on the merchant receipt?

:)

ChristianW7, Nov 26, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

There should be an 800 number on the receipt for you to call
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In regards to the specific error that you're getting according to Xbox support:

"If you’re seeing the message “This code is not yet active” when you try to redeem your code, it means that you have a valid digital code, but it’s not yet been activated by the retailer. You’ll need to contact the retailer and ask them to activate the code."

This means that you need to reach out to the merchant in that way they can activate the code. For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...
  4. Bandido1508 Win User

product key damaged

Where did you get the game key, if you got this from a store, you may have some info on the receipt that can help you recover this. There is also a serial number at the bottom, you may be able to recover the code if you can provide that to support, they
    may also need a picture of both the card and the receipt front and back.
  5. Dirty Loco Win User

I would like to change my gamertag

[quote user="PoD x BuLLeT"]

I understand that personal information is vilation of the code of conduct. I would like to change my gamertag so that I am incompoliance.

[/quote]

Your name is Pod Bullet? Odd.

Regardless, having your real name on your gamertag is NOT a violation of the Code of Conduct, you will have pay the 800 MS Points to change it.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

[Translation- Restore Xbox Live Code] שחזור קוד אקסבוקס לייב

Hi עמיגוטמכר

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. In order to give you the correct information, we need to know more about what code you are trying to recover and whether it was a digital code, or a code printed on a pre-paid card? How was the code lost?

Please provide more information on how the code was lost and what the code was for.
Thema:

1. How to recover key code with pod card # - Similar Threads - recover key code

2. Recover things from a long wiped 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover things from a long wiped 360: I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid 2014. I did lose stuff I cared about, but I was...
  3. Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9)

in XboX Insiders
    Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9): I need help recovering a lost account because I putted all my fallout 3 dlcs in that account and the dlc cd wont budge on my new account any help will do! submitted by /u/Ok-Sweet-6357 [link]...
  4. Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?: So, I have a friend who's Xbox One HDMI port no longer works, he's upgraded to a Series X, but was not able to retrieve his account data off the old xbox. (Cannot remember password or email...
  5. Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.: I got alot of Microsoft emails but I ignored them thinking it was just telling me about something that I subscribed on, but in fact it was telling me my account has been stolen and information...
  6. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  7. How to to recover the com.mojang.minecraftpe folder after deleting it?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to to recover the com.mojang.minecraftpe folder after deleting it?: When i tried to update the minecraft apk file. It gave a choice to save the files before deleting the app and installing it again and so i clicked yes and after that i tried to reinstall minecraft...
  8. Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?: If me and my friend texted through Xbox and I deleted the chat but they still have it can I recover it? 28272ae1-fd49-4801-98ec-ef0bb6ae4745
  9. Can I recover a game key which was registered with Games for Windows Live?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover a game key which was registered with Games for Windows Live?: Microsoft ended up supporting GFWL as we know. But registration information of retail games is still being hold within their database. I registered a game several years ago. I forgot my windows...
  10. Recover a minecraft account/key/game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover a minecraft account/key/game: Hi, probably a stupid question but I'm out of options. In 2019 I bought two minecraft windows 10 edition keys and coupled one to my main MS account and one to another account. Now I don't know...