How to properly turn off xbox

Discus and support How to properly turn off xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi guys I hope you’re fine I just wanted to ask how to properly turn off my console and is unplugging it necessary? My console is on energy saving... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Anonymous_726, Jan 23, 2023.

  1. How to properly turn off xbox


    Hi guys I hope you’re fine

    I just wanted to ask how to properly turn off my console and is unplugging it necessary?

    My console is on energy saving mode

    I simply turn off the console by the controller

    And wait for the fan to stop running

    Then i flick off the power button from my electric extension board

    Is this method safe?

    :)
     
    Anonymous_726, Jan 23, 2023
    #1
  2. DeniqL Win User

    How to properly turn off xbox

    Hi,! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

    Yes. As long as you shut it down correctly, and wait for it to go through the shutdown procedure as you are doing there should be no problem at al :)
  3. Raian93 Win User

    Xbox not turning off properly

    No, I don't have anything plugged into the console.
  4. Sean2383 Win User

    Xbox not turning off properly

    Hey a Tricky,

    Quick question, are you using a play and charge kit?

    If using one and it is still connected to the controller it will keep running until the controller is charged (that doesn't explain unglugging the Ethernet however)

    Sean
  5. Georges C. Win User

    Xbox series X: how to properly turn off?

    Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

    Hello Kal052, this depends on how you want to turn off your Xbox, if you use the control shutdown where you press the X button for a few seconds and the shutdown options menu appears, it will always stay in Stand yb, you will be able to make updates with it turned off etc.

    If you want a complete shutdown, you'll have to go through the Xbox menu.

    For more information, please check out the following articles from our Support site:

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Daft Badger Win User

    Xbox series X: how to properly turn off?

    Yes,it's properly turned off that way.Just wait a few minutes if you are unplugging it as the console syncs your profile etc. to the cloud servers each time you turn your console off.
Thema:

How to properly turn off xbox

Loading...
  1. How to properly turn off xbox - Similar Threads - properly turn off

  2. XBOX PC app won't close games properly

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX PC app won't close games properly: I know I'm not the only one having this problem as I saw it on some games subreddit, even for not insiders, but to me it's on all of my Xbox Games on PC. When I close them via the in-game menu,...
  3. Report a problem button not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Report a problem button not working properly.: I hold the Xbox button and push “report a problem” it says “gathering information” but that’s as far as it goes. It’s ironic to me that the report a problem button is causing issues. submitted by...
  4. Enable in-game microphone noise suppression not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Enable in-game microphone noise suppression not working properly.: Gamertag: Fire Console: XBOX Series X Insider: Alpha-Skip-Ahead Headset used: SteelSeries Arctic Nova Pro Wireless. When enabled voice chat in party chat with multiple users cuts outs. Occurs...
  5. Xbox PC app on Rog Xbox Ally X not functioning properly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC app on Rog Xbox Ally X not functioning properly: The last few updates introduced an issue with the Xbox PC app on the Rog Xbox ally X When you turn the ally X on or after a restart, when you start a game and then close it out either through the...
  6. Issue when installing games from disk on Series X: cannot properly detect required space

    in XboX Insiders
    Issue when installing games from disk on Series X: cannot properly detect required space: Hello all, I am opening this post to report an issue I've found recently on my Series X. So the console fails to install games from disk if there is not enough space left on the selected drive....
  7. Anyone here have FSE on PC? Does it introduce proper wake-from-sleep like SteamOS?

    in XboX Insiders
    Anyone here have FSE on PC? Does it introduce proper wake-from-sleep like SteamOS?: On SteamOS/Bazzite, you can put the PC to sleep while the game is running, and then wake the PC up and resume the game immediately, just like a modern game console. This doesn't really work all...
  8. Dolby Atmos Not Working Properly In Gears Reloaded

    in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos Not Working Properly In Gears Reloaded: Hey all, noticed a new bug/issue for this new release that I have not seen mentioned yet. It appears that Dolby Atmos (7.1.4 Spatial Audio) is currently broken and not working properly. See...
  9. Why is my Minecraft actions and stuff not working properly

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Minecraft actions and stuff not working properly: My actions and stuff has most of the animations but I tried some things that would have changed but they didn't. Like armor and a bucket with an axolotl so if you can explain then don't explain in...
  10. Is there a proper way to turn off the series x?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is there a proper way to turn off the series x?: After gaming, I always turn off my series x with my controller. Holding down the middle button and selecting “turn off console”. At times, I notice that the button on my series x console starts to...