How to properly turn off xbox

Discus and support How to properly turn off xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi guys I hope you’re fine I just wanted to ask how to properly turn off my console and is unplugging it necessary? My console is on energy saving... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Anonymous_726, Jan 23, 2023.

1. How to properly turn off xbox

Hi guys I hope you’re fine

I just wanted to ask how to properly turn off my console and is unplugging it necessary?

My console is on energy saving mode

I simply turn off the console by the controller

And wait for the fan to stop running

Then i flick off the power button from my electric extension board

Is this method safe?

:)

Anonymous_726, Jan 23, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Yes. As long as you shut it down correctly, and wait for it to go through the shutdown procedure as you are doing there should be no problem at al :)
  3. Raian93 Win User

Xbox not turning off properly

No, I don't have anything plugged into the console.
  4. Sean2383 Win User

Xbox not turning off properly

Hey a Tricky,

Quick question, are you using a play and charge kit?

If using one and it is still connected to the controller it will keep running until the controller is charged (that doesn't explain unglugging the Ethernet however)

Sean
  5. Georges C. Win User

Xbox series X: how to properly turn off?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Kal052, this depends on how you want to turn off your Xbox, if you use the control shutdown where you press the X button for a few seconds and the shutdown options menu appears, it will always stay in Stand yb, you will be able to make updates with it turned off etc.

If you want a complete shutdown, you'll have to go through the Xbox menu.

For more information, please check out the following articles from our Support site:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox series X: how to properly turn off?

Yes,it's properly turned off that way.Just wait a few minutes if you are unplugging it as the console syncs your profile etc. to the cloud servers each time you turn your console off.
Thema:

1. How to properly turn off xbox - Similar Threads - properly turn off

2. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  3. Not powering on properly!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not powering on properly!: Have an xbox one s. Bought it brand new from retailer. After purchase has stayed in the same place and not moved, there's no visible damages or wear etc So powers on and the xbox light on the...
  4. logitech g923 not working properly on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    logitech g923 not working properly on xbox one: i have a logitech g923 with shifter and it doesnt work on Forza horizon 5 on xbox one. there are no mapping options for the shifter and i cant map the shifter on other buttons either. clutch...
  5. Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly: The Xbox app is able to pick up my mic and I can see it in the device properties settings in the Xbox game bar, but in a party I cant talk despite the mic being picked up. I can hear people in the...
  6. Various Updates to Properly reflect local language is a Meme.

in XboX Insiders
    Various Updates to Properly reflect local language is a Meme.: Again, another patch note blog with nothing in it but “various updates to properly reflect local language”. This line has to become a meme at some point. Let’s look at all the fixes implemented...
  7. Xbox One S Console Causes All Controllers To Not Work Properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Console Causes All Controllers To Not Work Properly: When you press the analogue sticks or Dpad on any controller it does the correct movement however it is then repeated in the opposite direction immediately after. I have tested multiple...
  8. My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games: My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games. It works completely fine with game pass, but when playing 2 different disc games, in remote play, my...
  9. None of my controllers work properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my controllers work properly: I have had this issue for quite a while. I’ve been able to live with it but I really want to get this fixed. This might not be the right way to describe it, but anytime I try to play a game, the...
  10. Is there a proper way to turn off the series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a proper way to turn off the series x?: After gaming, I always turn off my series x with my controller. Holding down the middle button and selecting “turn off console”. At times, I notice that the button on my series x console starts to...