How to prevent others from starting apps from phone.

Discus and support How to prevent others from starting apps from phone. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have Spotify and YouTube installed on my Xbox because I use them frequently. My roommate likes to remotely start YouTube on my Xbox from his phone or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RiverDragon24, May 21, 2023.

1. How to prevent others from starting apps from phone.

I have Spotify and YouTube installed on my Xbox because I use them frequently. My roommate likes to remotely start YouTube on my Xbox from his phone or switch which music I’m playing. This is becoming infuriating as the console switches to YouTube even if I’m in the middle of something and will cause me to disconnect from online games I’m playing. I need to know how to limit this feature to where I can still use it, but not any malicious actors that happen to be on the same wifi network.

:)

RiverDragon24, May 21, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

To answer your inquiry,

In order to disable it. you need to go on to their account, go to settings>devices&connections>remote features. And turn off the remote features that works, however, the owner can always go back and enable it.

The only best option to remove it is to remove their account from your Xbox (this doesn’t remove a game share if you have one with them) by going to settings > account> remove accounts. And then select their account.

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Galaxy Golden Win User

How do I Uninstall xBox?

I'm assuming you just meant how to uninstall the xbox app from your phone, it's just the same way that you uninstall any other app on your phone.
  4. Nesquiked Win User

Extra Halo 4 info (10 maps & 50 Spartan Ops missions)

Wait.. how does hiding it from others prevent cheating?
  5. nancy#123 Win User

issues with xbox

thank you for answering me is it possible for you to send me a step by step process on how to create a passkey and my question was will this prevent this player from playing and not anyone else and prevent them from creating another profile using their
    own email or phone number
  6. nancy#123 Win User

issues with xbox

Once i remove this profile how can i prevent them from starting a new one
Thema:

1. How to prevent others from starting apps from phone. - Similar Threads - prevent others starting

2. How do I prevent my Xbox One from getting bootlooped?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I prevent my Xbox One from getting bootlooped?: This is the second time I’ve had to factory reset my Xbox, how do I prevent this issue and how do I fix it if it happens again? submitted by /u/KozyKamper266 [link] [comments]
  3. How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?: How can/does MS prevent an adult, posing as a child, from contacting my child on XboxS during live play? 2d1f38cf-015f-4625-b55b-d017c53f0566
  4. How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?: My 14 years old is able to leave the family group. How can i prevent it? 9d32f861-e576-4990-a473-f99459314cd1
  5. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  6. How do you stop xbox cloud gaming from randomly disconnecting/ how to prevent "Sorry, queue...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you stop xbox cloud gaming from randomly disconnecting/ how to prevent "Sorry, queue...: I was playing a game and I was randomly disconnected. I now have to wait 4 hours. My internet is good and my computer is running fine. I've cleared cache recently. Is there an outside factor that...
  7. Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games: My daughter changed my Xbox profile name and now when I try to play my games the saves won’t load. I’m specifically playing Elden Ring and when I start the game it tells me it has to load the new...
  8. How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...: I paid for a console I pay for gamepass I don't want a full screen ad I have to click past whenever I turn my console on extremely disappointed how do I make sure I never get them again...
  9. Is there a way to prevent Xbox controller from being used?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to prevent Xbox controller from being used?: I run my headset through the Turtle Breach Xbox controller as 1.) The Aux cable is too short to reach the back 2.) Front Aux on the front of the PC slot doesn't work This is becoming annoying...
  10. Xbox PC app stuck on "Checking for updates" preventing me from downloading any other game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app stuck on "Checking for updates" preventing me from downloading any other game.: Two days ago my Gaming services "died", Xbox app, as said in the title, is constantly checking for updates preventing me from downloading anything else, if I try to cancel the download it gets...