How to play Halo Wars 2 on PC while leveraging Family Safety options

Discus and support How to play Halo Wars 2 on PC while leveraging Family Safety options in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I wonder if someone can help me, I have a son who wants to play Halo Wars 2 on PC. He has a Game Pass Ultimate subscription and as a result has... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Adam 'ONI Assassin' Jamal, Mar 18, 2023.

1. How to play Halo Wars 2 on PC while leveraging Family Safety options

Hello,

I wonder if someone can help me, I have a son who wants to play Halo Wars 2 on PC. He has a Game Pass Ultimate subscription and as a result has access to the game. However when he launches into the game to play the campaign in co-op with me, he gets an error stating his family safety settings prevent him from doing this.

From a family safety perspective, his account is set with:

Social - Add friends - approval required

Social - Manage online communication - friends only

Social - Manage message filtering - child default

Content restrictions - Apply age filters - allow all content

Content restrictions - See and upload community creations - blocked

Content restrictions - Manage Minecraft - Gameplay - Allowed

Content restrictions - Manage Minecraft - Multiplayer - allowed

Content restrictions - Manage Minecraft - Minecraft realms - blocked

Content restrictions - Manage Minecraft dungeons - gameplay - allowed

Content restrictions - Manage Minecraft dungeons - multiplayer - allowed

Spending - ask to buy - on

Multiplayer - Join multiplayer on xbox - allowed

Cross-network play - join cross network play - allowed

Cross-network play - manage cross network communication - No one

What am I missing that is preventing me from playing this game with him?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Adam 'ONI Assassin' Jamal, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Adam 'ONI Assassin' Win User

Hey Rostom,

Thanks for the reply, i can confirm he has no screen time limit or age restrictions in place. As I mentioned, he has a GamePass ultimate subscription, but this is the message he receives:

[​IMG]
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi Adam!

Please go to https://family.microsoft.com/ and click on his account. Please check if screen time limit is enabled - try to disable it. In Content filters > Apps & games, try to select "Any age" or have you already selected that? Did you mean about that "Content restrictions - Apply age filters - allow all content"?
  4. Belle B Win User

Thank you. If you were able to configure all the privacy settings. Can you try a different co-op game to see if it will do the same? Or try signing out and signing in on the Microsoft store app, I remember the error when I tried to play the Human flat that told me that I need gold. But technically, since he is on PC, gold isn't required.

Keep in the loop.
  5. Rostom L Win User

That's odd. Try to review his account privacy settings on https://account.xbox.com/Settings. Make sure that you click on his gamertag to make sure you're updating his privacy options. Check on Privacy tab and Xbox's/Windows device Online Safety tab and make sure that all options related to communication and online access are set to Allow. Make sure to save changes by clicking on the Submit button below.

Once done, try to sign out from his Xbox app on Windows and sign in back again.
  6. Belle B Win User

Hi Adam my name is Belle. I'd love to help!

In my own experience with my child's account for 2k with the same error, kindly ensure that his "You can see and upload community creations" is set to Everyone. In that way, he can join you in multiplayer games when you invite him to the game.

Let me know.
Thema:

1. How to play Halo Wars 2 on PC while leveraging Family Safety options - Similar Threads - play Halo Wars

2. Halo Master Chief Collection - Error coop mode, can't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master Chief Collection - Error coop mode, can't play: Hello team! I have the following problem with my MC game. I'm trying to play with my brother co op mode, LAN mode (I have already tried with Xbox Live), he can join my team, I can select the...
  3. Xbox360 will only play the original Halo, no other games start. I just get "open tray"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox360 will only play the original Halo, no other games start. I just get "open tray"...: So, I cannot load my og gamertag on my Xbox360. Although I can log in to it on the PC so I know the correct email address and password. I had made another account and this one works. So I log in...
  4. How can you play Halo MCC split screen Co-op(?) without a game pass -Xbox console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can you play Halo MCC split screen Co-op(?) without a game pass -Xbox console: I just bought a digital code Halo MCC on my xbox S. I want to play in split screen with my little brother in co-op mode (as a team, not competitors). However when I tap the Multi-player bar->...
  5. When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...: When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green screen but if I play humankind it works perfectly. Not sure what's going on. If it's the tv as it never...
  6. Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?: Hi, I'm having a problem trying to play co op with my friend and it keeps kicking us both out of the game. We both have updated versions of our game and our system. I'd like to know what to do to...
  7. I can't sign into any other accounts to play Halo Infinite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't sign into any other accounts to play Halo Infinite: Last year I downloaded halo infinite and signed in with my Microsoft account. After a while I stopped playing and since then I have made a new microsoft account and stopped using the one i used on...
  8. Halo MCC on game pass not allowing me to play the games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC on game pass not allowing me to play the games.: "one or more members of your party do not have entitlement" shows up whenever i try to play any of the games in the collection along with all of them being locked, I tried reinstalling everything...
  9. hi I have I problem when I play halo infinite multiplayer online it take time to search can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hi I have I problem when I play halo infinite multiplayer online it take time to search can...: this is my email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 047d554c-d3ee-4334-b1bd-e13fa6df8f80
  10. How can I download and play Halo Wars 2 with game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I download and play Halo Wars 2 with game pass: I cannot complete the download and install for Halo Wars 2. It is stuck at last 40mb for some reason. New game pass owner and I've come across mostly problems. Please help. I already closed xbox...