How to play games downloaded from Microsoft Store after reinstalling Windows?

Discus and support How to play games downloaded from Microsoft Store after reinstalling Windows? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have downloaded some games on the Microsoft Store and moved them to the E drive. I have reinstalled Windows and I want to play those games. How can I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Hoài Sơn Nguyễn, Nov 4, 2021.

1. How to play games downloaded from Microsoft Store after reinstalling Windows?

I have downloaded some games on the Microsoft Store and moved them to the E drive. I have reinstalled Windows and I want to play those games. How can I play games without having to re-download them on the Microsoft Store?

:)

Hoài Sơn Nguyễn, Nov 4, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Unfortunately unlike Steam games, when you re-install Windows 10, you cannot just link back into those already downloaded games, you'll have to download them again. I'm sorry about this.
  3. Sơn Nguyễn Hoài Win User

I still have to re-download the game
  4. Jesse E' Win User

- Click on the search bar and type in “Settings.”

- From the search results, select the Settings.

- Select System from the menu.

- In the menu on the left, select Storage.

- Now, under More storage settings, click Change where new content is saved.

- Select your new default location.
  5. Sơn Nguyễn Hoài Win User

Hi jesse,

Thanks for your help!

I'm using Windows 11 insider so I haven't seen the direction folder in Microsoft Store, not even in Store Settings
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Go to the Microsoft Store, set the download path to the folder which you moved the game to, then try to reinstall them. The install should finish in a second and give you a launcher (icon) on your desktop to launch the games from.
Thema:

1. How to play games downloaded from Microsoft Store after reinstalling Windows? - Similar Threads - play games downloaded

2. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  3. Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?: I mean unless I want to play online or update my games I should be able to play them still if someone decides not to pay the Internet bill! With this new way to buy games I've got to pay monthly...
  4. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  5. I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....: I downloaded Microsoft Ultimate Word Games a couple of years ago. I've been able to play and watch my progress over the years. Today, the game wouldn't load from my downloaded version. However, I...
  6. I am trying to play the hive ( online game) and it keeps saying “error while downloading...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to play the hive ( online game) and it keeps saying “error while downloading...: It’s on a PlayStation btw not Xbox b19d3f41-d1a4-4116-bc53-b11faead4336
  7. I'm subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which includes EA Play. I downloaded the EA App,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which includes EA Play. I downloaded the EA App,...: I'm asked to purchase the game or subscribe to EA Play. Trying to download Dead Space on my PC and EA customer service told me there's no problem on their end. 6f978fcd-e52c-4d19-9982-dff3efdce72c
  8. Can you download a game and then play add-on from a disc?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you download a game and then play add-on from a disc?: I bought the Fallout 3 add-on pack Broken Steel and Point Lookout. Its been a long time since I have been gaming so like an idiot I didnt think about that I needed the original Fallout 3 to play...
  9. Game previously downloaded and played isn't showing up after upgrading to new console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game previously downloaded and played isn't showing up after upgrading to new console: I was gifted a game code that I downloaded on my Xbox one S. I've played it multiple time and have achievements. I have now upgraded to a series x but that game isnt showing up in my owned games....
  10. I can’t play newly downloaded mature games on the Xbox pc app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play newly downloaded mature games on the Xbox pc app.: Every time I try to play new mature games that I just installed, I can’t, because I get an error code that says class not registered. It only happens with mature games, but it doesn’t happen with...