How to play game bought on a different profile on the same console?

Discus and support How to play game bought on a different profile on the same console? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My brother bought Far Cry 5 a while ago with his account on my xbox one but since then I’ve had to replace that xbox with an xbox one S. I used to have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaGapher, Nov 26, 2022.

1. DaGapher
    DaGapher Guest

My brother bought Far Cry 5 a while ago with his account on my xbox one but since then I’ve had to replace that xbox with an xbox one S. I used to have no problem playing it with my profile even though my brother bought it. But now I can’t play it unless I have game pass even though it is installed on my xbox.

I’m just wondering how to fix this so I can play it without the game pass?

:)

DaGapher, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Your brother would need to set the console as his Home console in order to share it with you.
  3. Mister Cerb Win User

never happened before.

Hey there Rocker! Are you playing this game on the same console you originally bought it? This type of thing usually happens when you're playing on a different console from the one it was originally bought on.

This is just because when you download a game, ownership of that game is given to the console that originally purchased it and the profile that it was purchased from. So if you play on your profile on a different console, you are able to play while signed onto
    Xbox LIVE, but you cannot play while offline.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

How to play different games on different consoles at the same time using 1 game pass profile

If you are trying to do it on the same profile, then that is not possible. Profiles on Xbox One & Series X|S can only play games on one console at a time.

If you are trying to let someone else play your Game Pass games on a different console at the same time as you, then you need to make the console that you want to share the games on the Home Xbox using the account that has Game Pass, then anyone with a different profile can play those games at the same time as you.

Bear in mind the Home Xbox setting is only meant to be used in the same household, as using it with someone else not in your household can result in a suspension or ban.
  5. SSReaper06 Win User

same profile on two different consoles

ok thank you, that helps a lot
  6. Paraffin Alien Win User

Multiplayer on the same console with different profiles?

Looking on the back of the game box shows the variations in the way the game can be played,

ie, single player, players 1-4, system link, on-line multi-player, etc.

When it shows that a game can be played by more than one player then that is usually a split screen option were upto four profiles can play the same at the same time.
Thema:

1. How to play game bought on a different profile on the same console? - Similar Threads - play game bought

2. I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...: I don't know if support for the xbox 360 still continues, but I bought the first Psychonauts game through the official Xbox website and immediately ran to play the game that was added to my...
  3. I bought PC game pass but didn´t get ea play so I can´t play the games I want to Any help?

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought PC game pass but didn´t get ea play so I can´t play the games I want to Any help?: I bought the cheap game pass and connected ea account but when I click install on madden NFL 24 I have to buy the game c05bb11f-b24f-478b-8b1c-14cc700461fe
  4. I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...: Just bought an expensive monitor and it comes in blocky or really white on borders in games and every where 6dff9710-e247-4fef-927c-c2bfad9fea50
  5. Play games bought in the uk and play them in the US

in XBoX on Consoles
    Play games bought in the uk and play them in the US: Can you play your games you bought from the uk and play them in the USA digital games? 9ccf7824-d860-49d3-b8bb-d3232d0fb377
  6. I just bought a game (Detroit become human) and I played the first part of the game. The...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought a game (Detroit become human) and I played the first part of the game. The...: I just bought a game (Detroit become human) and I played the first part of the game. The next day when I play it again it loads up to 75% and completely exits the game. What should I do? Help!!...
  7. I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...: I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought the vault edition and it’s not giving me vault edition stuff 93b02e79-badb-4a06-9785-8cc2fa1706c8
  8. I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...: It was tested on an original Xbox and it worked. I downloaded the most recent update, and even still, it will not work. I have checked, and it is on the list of those that SHOULD be compatible. It...
  9. I bought a new external hard drive and I can't play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a new external hard drive and I can't play games.: It's a Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB, Portable External Hard Drive, USB 3.0, I can't play S and X optimized games, how can I fix this. 7c5aa620-e2b9-42d0-b7b9-5633bbf52b9a
  10. Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox...: Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox series x? Whenever I try to play it, it shows error 0x803f800b. Please help....