How to play a new game on 2 consoles - Series X and Series S

Discus and support How to play a new game on 2 consoles - Series X and Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, So I have an Xbox Series X, with a Gamepass ultimate account - Account A My Wife and Son have accounts B and C and we use the Series X as the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HwPXSX, Nov 24, 2022.

1. HwPXSX
    HwPXSX Guest

Hi All,

So I have an Xbox Series X, with a Gamepass ultimate account - Account A
    My Wife and Son have accounts B and C and we use the Series X as the ''home console'' so accounts B and C can play on the gamepass.

I am getting a Series S for christmas and bundled is a digital Code for Fifa23

Is it possible to install this Digital Fifa 23 on both the Series X and the Series S and used by Account A B and C on both?

If it's not possible and only redeemable on 1 console, I assume the game can be used by accounts A B and C on 1 console - should I install the game on the Series X ''home console'' to make use of the online capability of the gamepass ultimate, or could I get online with it on the Series S which has no gamepass?

Thanks
    HwP

:)

HwPXSX, Nov 24, 2022
  2. HiEF Win User

New Xbox?

Yeah, there are already 2 brand new consoles the Xbox series X and the Xbox Series S. I think that the new Xbox series X is amazing, but I expect it will be along time before a new console is develpoped.
  3. JamieWill Win User

Hello Xbox community, this is about Xbox series x/s versions of games!

Because on my Xbox series x, it only shows 'Optimized for series x/s' but if a xbox series x version of a game is NOT 'optimized' how would i know if I'm playing a series x/s version of a game?
  4. Smwutches Win User

Call Of Duty Cold War Cross Gen Edition vs Smart Delivery

All Xbox One games can be played on the Series S/X via backwards compatibility. Kind of like how you can play 360 games on the One now. You would be playing the One version of the games.

With Cross Gen Editions/Smart Delivery, you're buying the One version and get an upgrade to the Series S/X version of the game when you get the new console instead of having to buy the Series S/X version and you an take advantage of some of the upgraded
    features.
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox Series X/S games "not playable on this device" on brand new Xbox One X

I just bought a brand new Xbox One X, but when I go to the store, Flight Simulator and other Xbox Series X/S games say they are "not playable on this device" and I can't get Flight Simulator to install on my brand new Xbox One X because it says it's "not compatible". Very frustrating.
    So you bought an Xbox One X and expected to be able to play an Xbox Series X game on it?

Why would a game made for an Xbox Series X work on an Xbox One X?

If you want to play Xbox Series X/S games I would take your brand new Xbox One X back to the store you bought it and see if they will take it back and you could try and buy an Xbox Series S (Series X consoles are very hard to find, but a Series S can be found fairly easilly)
  6. Smwutches Win User

An Xbox One S is not the same as a Series S. You would not be able to play Series S/X games on that console.
Thema:

1. How to play a new game on 2 consoles - Series X and Series S - Similar Threads - play game consoles

2. Can two people play the same game on two different consoles

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can two people play the same game on two different consoles: Hi I wanted to know If I bought a physical copy of a game and played it on my xbox can I then give it to my friend so he can download the game and play it too To clarify the friend is also on...
  3. How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive: How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series C console? I have a Seagate hard drive d45a01d0-f1f8-403f-9ef9-96584b14ec71
  4. Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?: This is a weird question but Is this possible? Example, I am playing a multiplayer game online with 4 friends on my Series X. Could I join the party of those 4 friends from my xbox one on the...
  5. Three XBOX consoles, sharing GamePass - trying to play a 3-player game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Three XBOX consoles, sharing GamePass - trying to play a 3-player game: Hi! We have two XBox Xs, one Xbox One. One GamePass account that we share for myself, son, and daughter. I am aware that if we want to play three players, one on each console, that a purchase...
  6. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  7. How can you play Halo MCC split screen Co-op(?) without a game pass -Xbox console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can you play Halo MCC split screen Co-op(?) without a game pass -Xbox console: I just bought a digital code Halo MCC on my xbox S. I want to play in split screen with my little brother in co-op mode (as a team, not competitors). However when I tap the Multi-player bar->...
  8. Can't sign into Xbox Live when playing 360 games, both on Series X and a 360 console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox Live when playing 360 games, both on Series X and a 360 console: Hi, guys. It's me. Senior ambassador and Xbox product tester. Sign in is broken for 360 games on the Series X again! Can't sign in on my 360 console either. January, July, October and now...
  9. Game previously downloaded and played isn't showing up after upgrading to new console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game previously downloaded and played isn't showing up after upgrading to new console: I was gifted a game code that I downloaded on my Xbox one S. I've played it multiple time and have achievements. I have now upgraded to a series x but that game isnt showing up in my owned games....
  10. Do Xbox console games played on Ubisoft+ still earn Xbox achievements?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do Xbox console games played on Ubisoft+ still earn Xbox achievements?: Ubisoft never specifically mentions Xbox achievements, Reddit's filled with out-of-date discussion about PC Game Pass and Microsoft don't mention it either. Do Ubisoft+ games earn MS achievements...