How to play 2 player on Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer

Discus and support How to play 2 player on Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I picked up this game from Game Pass today. I'm trying to get it to work so we can play the 2 player mode. I sign in first as one profile when I start... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by pnromer, May 8, 2023.

1. pnromer
    pnromer Guest

I picked up this game from Game Pass today. I'm trying to get it to work so we can play the 2 player mode. I sign in first as one profile when I start the game. I select the 2 player option. It let's me go through entering my initials, and then select a ship. After that it goes to a screen to let player 2 select a spot, however at this point neither controller works. We are unable to select a slot with the 2nd controller, and the only button on the first controller that works is the back button. I tried hitting the 'X' button on the 2nd controller and signing in to a profile there, but that doesn't help. It appear the 2 player player mode is non-functional. Am I missing something, or has anyone gotten it to work?

:)

pnromer, May 8, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. Roderic Fleming Win User

Did anyone figure out how to play 2 player split screen?
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hi

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Check for service outages:

Xbox status page

Check the known issues for game launches page to see if there are any known issues with the game you’re playing:

Known issues for game launches

If you see an error code, enter the code in search results to find out how to troubleshoot it.

Search results

Want to play offline? For more info on how to launch your single-player game, see:

Using your Xbox console offline

If you can’t download or install a game, see:

Troubleshoot game or app installation problems on your Xbox console

If your game disc won’t load or play, see:

Troubleshoot problems playing a disc

If none of these steps correct the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Restart the game

Sometimes a game freeze or startup problem can be caused by a temporary issue that can be corrected simply by exiting and restarting the game. If the game is running, try exiting to the Home screen. Here’s how:

1. Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.

Note Some game freezes can keep you from exiting the game. If you can’t return to the Home screen, skip to Step 3: Power cycle your console.
    1. Highlight the game, press the Menu button  on your controller, and select Quit.
    2. Try to restart the game.
    If this step didn’t work, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Power cycle your console

Try power cycling your Xbox. A full power cycle completely reboots your console. Doing this does not erase any of your games or data.

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for at least 10 seconds.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button  on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller.

Note If you don’t see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure you hold the power button for at least 10 seconds until the console completely shuts down.
    3. After you have completed the previous steps to power cycle your console, try to restart your game.
    If this step didn’t work, continue to the next step.

Step 4: Test your network connection

A network connection issue can sometimes affect gameplay. Here’s how to test your Xbox connection:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

Note Any outages will appear under Current Network Status.
    3. On the Network settings screen, select Test network connection. If the connection test is successful, your console will connect to the Xbox service.

Note If you're prompted to update your console software, select Yes.
    If this step didn’t work, see:

Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection

Step 5: Try using a different profile

Sometimes gameplay can be affected by corrupted profile data on your Xbox console. To see if this is the case, try playing the same game using a different profile on your console.

2. Select Profile & system, and then select Add or switch.
    3. Select a profile other than the one you were previously using.
    If you don’t have a different profile set up on your Xbox, you can create a new profile just for testing purposes, or have a friend load their profile onto your console to test the game for you. For help adding another profile to your Xbox console, see:

Sign in to Xbox

1. Now restart the game to see if it works correctly under a different profile.
    If you can play the game with a different profile, go to Step 6: Remove and re-add your profile.

If you can't play the game using another profile, go to either of the following pages:

Troubleshoot issues playing disc games on Xbox

Troubleshoot digital game issues on Xbox

Step 6: Remove and re-add your profile

If the profile on your Xbox console is causing the gameplay issue, the profile data for the game might be corrupted. You can fix this by removing this profile from the console and then downloading it again. To remove your profile:

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    3. Select the account you want to remove (the one that’s experiencing the gameplay issue), and then select Remove.
    Now download your profile again to create a fresh version of your profile data:

2. Select Profile & system, select Add or switch, and then select Add new.
    3. Type in the email address and password that you use to access your Microsoft account (the same account you just removed).

Important Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless that’s what you want to do. If you select Get a new account, you will create a brand-new Microsoft account.
    4. Follow the prompts as the console walks you through account setup steps such as privacy info, sign-in, and color preferences until you return to the Home screen.
    Once you have completed the process of re-creating your profile on the Xbox console and have returned to the Home screen, try to play your game again.

If this step didn’t fix the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 7: Clear the local save and resync with the cloud

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
    2. Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button  on your controller.
    3. Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
    4. Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.
    After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button  in the center of your controller.
    2. Select Restart console, then follow the prompts.
    After you restart your Xbox, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to the Xbox service.

Try playing the game again to see if re-syncing with the cloud corrected the game problem.

If none of these steps resolved the issue, the problem is most likely with the game itself. If that’s the case, you can continue troubleshooting by going to one of the following pages:

Troubleshoot problems playing a disc

Troubleshoot game or app installation problems on your Xbox console

Reference: Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. DWoodbine Win User

Remember these Star Wars games anyone

I loved Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the empire and Star Wars Episode 1: Racer games on the n64 and Battlefront on the xbox. I find it disappointing that we lack any good star wars games on this gen consoles.
  6. Fatalshock8912 Win User

Forza Horizon 2

I haven't enjoyed a Racer this much since Star Wars Episode 1 Racer. Rewarded for racing clean and fair, and not necessarily being the winner? This is PREMIUM quality stuff to someone like me. Gotta have it. My First Racing Game since I was a kid :)
Thema:

1. How to play 2 player on Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer - Similar Threads - play player Star

2. Please add the ability to only play with other console players in cross play

in XboX Insiders
    Please add the ability to only play with other console players in cross play: I love playing competitive games with people who are on a level playing field, but you throw PC gamers into the mix and I feel they have an extremely unfair advantage when pitted against xbox and...
  3. It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...: It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I delete? I don't want them to see it, so why force it on me? c955e220-4888-475b-9a83-ac395c024dcb
  4. Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked: If I block a player and I’m in a friends party, can the player I blocked still join our party if my friend didn’t block the same Player? In other words can I still end up playing with a blocked...
  5. xbox series s/x games that can be played with 2 local players and 2 online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox series s/x games that can be played with 2 local players and 2 online: Hi Microsoft! I'm looking into games for the xbox series s/x that can be played by 4 players at the same time, with 2 local players on one xbox series x, and 2 other players joining remotely via...
  6. You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up

in XBoX Accessibility
    You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up: My xbox game pass says "You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set up" but all my settings are on allow and it still won't let me use these features...
  7. My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...: Glitch in Xbox software. Xbox account glitch. (I don't know what else to put.) 5c10558f-ea38-434f-af08-5f495ec82374
  8. Steam players can play with Microsoft players in Minecraft Dungeons?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Steam players can play with Microsoft players in Minecraft Dungeons?: Steam players can play with Microsoft players in Minecraft Dungeons? beef2b50-85cb-4897-a2be-ede0467c5ce3
  9. Whenever i play the all star game in my player mode it send me back to the xbox menu(1 week ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever i play the all star game in my player mode it send me back to the xbox menu(1 week ...: Whenever i play the all star game in my player mode it takes me back to the xbox menu. I started a different career and its fine. I want to play with the original player that i created. I need...
  10. EA: Star Wars Battlefront Doesn’t Have Single Player Because People Don’t Play Single ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    EA: Star Wars Battlefront Doesn’t Have Single Player Because People Don’t Play Single ...: I have a mostly MP type game in my notebook of idea of games. It like the NFL but with a death match mode theme. Where you make your owned weapons armer and other custumized stuff. Here the...