How to output in-game voice chat on both speaker and headset?

Discus and support How to output in-game voice chat on both speaker and headset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Well, I don't know what his setup is, but I have a Series X, an Xbox wireless headset (as well as wired headsets that can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryan248, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Ryan248
    Ryan248 Guest

Well, I don't know what his setup is, but I have a Series X, an Xbox wireless headset (as well as wired headsets that can be plugged into the controller), and an Elgato capture device on the Xbox's HDMI output going to my display.

Once a headset is connected to the controller or wirelessly to the xbox, the in-game voice chat no longer goes to the TV/display output and *only* goes to the headset/headphones, meaning the Elgato capture no longer receives the in-game voice chat audio.

Is there some workaround to get the in-game chat to be sent to both headset and speakers, similar to the Party Chat setting that we do have where you can indicate that party chat audio should be sent to both headset and speakers?

A good number of people are trying to figure out a solution to this and I haven't yet come across a solution.

:)

Ryan248, Jun 29, 2022
  2. drqg Win User

Halo and Elgato Game Capture HD

Try setting the voice chat output to both speakers and headset.
  3. SandM1tch Win User

Is there an in game A / V recorder box that does not require a pc/laptop

It will only record in-game chat if you set sound output to BOTH the connected headset and TV speakers (Xbox Guide>Preferences>Voice) and are using an audio connection that also passes through the Avermedia capture device. For example, HDMI from the Xbox
    360 to your capture device will capture voice with it set to BOTH since HDMI carries audio and video. Red and White RCA cables to the capture device will also capture ingame chat.

-

So basically, if you do not want this, only choose output to Headset. Not TV speakers or Both.
  4. FreakRoach Win User

Xbox one live - Haven't heard anyone on the mic for years.

You'll have to enable chat output to be both headset and speakers. To do so, go to Settings -> Display and Sound -> Volume. In the Party Chat Output select the option of Headset and Speakers.
  5. adrian lopez2 Win User

If possible i would like either a photo or diagram for this because i have both a wired and wireless(A50 Gen4) but i would prefer to use the A50
  6. Ryan248 Win User

Diagrams are not easy to come by! :p

I did purchase the Elgato Chat Link cable, but then right afterward I bucked up and bought an Astro A40 TR with Mixamp Pro TR package so I returned the chat link and never tried it.

With the Astro set, if USB-only is used, then the Dolby Atmos app is required on the console and EQ processing is done on the console rather than by the Mixamp (so then the EQ button and settings on the Mixamp are bypassed/not operable) and all audio goes from the console to the Mixamp over USB and then all (game audio plus game chat plus party chat) audio is output from the Stream-out port, which then goes to line-in on an Elgato capture device or line-In on your computer.

Alternatively, in order to be able to use the Mixamp EQ settings in Astro Command Center and the EQ button that's between the two knobs, the optical input on the Mixamp *must* be used, which then requires use of a HDMI audio extractor to create the optical output from the console. In this config, headset mic input to console and party-chat output comes over the USB cable from the console.

In this latter config, I am still not certain as to where in-game multiplayer chat goes, but I believe it is most often mixed with the game audio output over HDMI to speakers (rather than able to be sent over the USB like party chat). Problem with game chat is that it's handled by game developers and therefore there is no Xbox setting like there is for party chat (where you can select it to be sent to one of three options: speakers, headset, or speakers & headset).

Hope this information is helpful to someone!
Thema:

1. How to output in-game voice chat on both speaker and headset? - Similar Threads - output game voice

2. game pass Starfield the output log

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass Starfield the output log: where is the output log saved in pc game pass. I have looked in the app date, documents, and the starfield folders. As when I typed in the console help it prints out part of the file then tells me...
  3. There is a problem with the input and output sound in the game Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    There is a problem with the input and output sound in the game Fortnite: There is a problem with the input and output sound in the game Fortnite 600103d7-947a-44f9-80e0-6f9f595c9aa5
  4. Xbox Game Bar Won't let me switch Voice Output.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar Won't let me switch Voice Output.: Hello Gamers, Whenever I try to switch the voice output in my Xbox game bar, It will automatically switch it back to the default output on its own. Therefore I cannot change it to my desired...
  5. Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else experienced issues while gaming or streaming media where the video output...: For additional context, I am using the Xbox Series X and my TV is a LG C1. Both have their most recent system updates. Apologies for the poor quality, but see image below for how the display...
  6. No Game Audio when Audio output through both headset and speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Game Audio when Audio output through both headset and speakers: I have my audio output set to both headset and speakers. When I do this, the party audio is low quality and I have zero game audio in my headset. The headset chat mixer is set between game and...
  7. Game bar sending output audio or "echo"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game bar sending output audio or "echo": I came across a thread that stated people having this same exact problem....
  8. Console Audio Output Drop Issue after starting apps and game

in XboX Insiders
    Console Audio Output Drop Issue after starting apps and game: Hello Xbox Insider Team, i am in the Alpha ring and yes my xbox series x is up to date. I would like to report an issue with the console audio output dropping all of a sudden. So here are the...
  9. Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Audio Output AND Mic Input

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Audio Output AND Mic Input: Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this post. I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either records audio output only OR mic input (even though...
  10. Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input: Hello, thank you for taking the taking to read this post. I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either records audio output only OR mic input (even though...