How To Move a Digital Copy of Backwards Compatible Game from Xbox 360 to Xbox One

Discus and support How To Move a Digital Copy of Backwards Compatible Game from Xbox 360 to Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a digital copy of Dishonored installed on my Xbox 360. The console and game still works but I want to play it on my Xbox One. I thought it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EdD954, Jan 6, 2021.

1. EdD954
    EdD954 Guest

How To Move a Digital Copy of Backwards Compatible Game from Xbox 360 to Xbox One

I have a digital copy of Dishonored installed on my Xbox 360. The console and game still works but I want to play it on my Xbox One. I thought it should be as simple as downloading the game again onto the Xbox One, however the edition of Dishonored I have
    is not available in the store for download. The store has Dishonored Definitive Edition, and the Dishonored Bundle Edition, as the only way I can download the game onto Xbox One, which would require me to purchase it. Is there any way to download the game
    I already have? I don't want to purchase a game I already own.

:)

EdD954, Jan 6, 2021
  2. RiposaurusRex Win User

If I transfer game licenses to a different 360, will it also affect Xbox One games for that gamertag?

Since Xbox 360 games are not backwards compatible with the Xbox One, even digital copies of 360 games, it is very unlikely that it will affect your One.
  3. Demonata43 Win User

Need an answer

4. WPAK Win User

moving games

Hi there,

you can Not move any 360 games from a xbox 360 to a Xbox One S.

The only option that works if that the 360 games are backwards compatible and you own the 360 games digitally or on disc, that will allow you to Download the 360 games on your Xbox One console.

See this link for the FAQ regarding Backwards compatibility:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/compatibility-with-xbox-360-faq
  5. IRB Win User

Downloading digital Xbox 360 game to Xbox one question

I don't think you will be able to download the demo version from the Xbox 360 store to the Xbox One.

Any game you have on the 360 digitally that is backwards compatible with the Xbox One will appear in your Ready to Install section of Games & Apps.

If you have the disc copy , you can just put it in and it will try to download the compatible copy.

The list of title is here:
    www.xbox.com/.../available-games
  6. SPS-40B1869D-52C4-42 Win User

I can't download Kane and Lynch 2

Ah, that's your problem. If it was a physical disc, you still need that disc to play the backwards compatible game. Playing a physical copy, selling it, and expecting to be able to download the digital version is not how Backwards Compatibility works. You
    will only be able to download digital copies of the game that were purchased via the Xbox Store on 360.

Hope this clarifies things!

~Blitz
Thema:

1. How To Move a Digital Copy of Backwards Compatible Game from Xbox 360 to Xbox One - Similar Threads - Move Digital Copy

2. so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...: just a white screen each time 6ab90404-d3b6-476c-a2ae-940c9e82331f
  3. Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?: As the subject states, since they're going to be deleting captures, I want them on something where they're not going tk be deleted at the mad whims of microsoft. I want my captures on my xbox...
  4. Games and my dsahboard on my XBX are moving without my input.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and my dsahboard on my XBX are moving without my input.: The dashboard and various games (this includes: Assassins' Creed: Odyssey, Starfield, Baldur's Gate 3, KOTOR, and KOTOR 2) with the menus are acting weird they tend move around very fast or...
  5. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  6. Keys automatically move when I'm not commanding them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keys automatically move when I'm not commanding them: When on any screen, the buttons will try to go up and right. This is on both remotes with fresh batteries. For example, I'm trying in a code and it won't let me move it/stay. Ill move it down and...
  7. when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...: when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for few seconds but my xbox power is still off? 7e37215c-275b-493b-8610-7066d7a7bb0b
  8. I have 13ms ping on wireless iPhone but 198ms on Xbox, I have bought new tv and moved...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 13ms ping on wireless iPhone but 198ms on Xbox, I have bought new tv and moved...: Tried changing dns servers, cloudflare and Google. Cat 6 Hard wired cable. OLED lg tv. Brand new a3307967-4de9-49fb-97df-3dcafc96f1f0
  9. Can i move my digital game into someone else's hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i move my digital game into someone else's hard drive?: Can i move my digital game into someone else's hard drive? Because i want to give a friend a digital game of mine. 9fdccf20-0f8c-4f4b-a634-23a25e68935d
  10. I downloaded a digital code to live but need it on gamepass. Can i move it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded a digital code to live but need it on gamepass. Can i move it?: I downloaded a digital code to live but need it on gamepass. Can i move it? 2189ec76-5b0e-41be-9ecf-c21e59727685