How to manually view 4K game updates?

Discus and support How to manually view 4K game updates? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to download 4K updates for games to my Xbox One S prior to receiving my Xbox One X. Currently (and after speaking to live chat) it appears that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fishLuke, Oct 19, 2017.

1. fishLuke
    fishLuke Guest

I want to download 4K updates for games to my Xbox One S prior to receiving my Xbox One X. Currently (and after speaking to live chat) it appears that the only way to do so is to set games to automatically update. I have a capped broadband plan so I do not
    want to turn on this option and I want to be able to manually review the 4K updates and their file size - just like I do for regular updates. When will this issue be rectified?

:)

fishLuke, Oct 19, 2017
  2. DominumStige
    DominumStige Guest
    Halo Wars 2 Xbox One X Enhanced

Hi!

Try downloading assets manually (if available). Go to "Settings"->"System"->"Backup" and check if "Download 4K game content" is active. For help, follow this

guide

DominumStige, Oct 19, 2017
  3. Xbox One S 8 Bit 4K support

Hello,

I have an older model 4K tv. It's an 8 Bit panel not 10 bit, non HDR. My question is, will the Xbox one S still upscale games to 4K and will I be able to view UHD blu ray in 4K?

LiquidColbert, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there fishLike.

There currently isn't an option for that I'm afraid. Is there a particular reason you want to download 4K games to your Xbox One S?

Mister Maka, Oct 20, 2017
  5. fishLuke
    fishLuke Guest
    As I explained in my initial post, I want to download them in preparation for when I receive my Xbox One X. Then I can use the option to transfer the data from my One S to the One X.

When will the option become available? It makes no sense that you shouldn't be able to review the 4K updates like you do for normal updates. Is this going to be an issue when I receive the One X as well?

fishLuke, Oct 20, 2017
  6. GaryHicks42
    GaryHicks42 Guest
    At a guess I'd suggest that you'll be able to review each 4K update when the Scorpio is released.

Essentially I think Microsoft have provided the option to download 4K updates for games prior to the console release as they become available. This would be an automated Push (when available they will be downloaded) from the Xbox servers, rather than a Get
    (when available, they may be requested (.

GaryHicks42, Oct 23, 2017
  7. fishLuke
    fishLuke Guest
    Guess I will just have to switch on the automated option at the end of this month before my data cap refreshes and hope that the updates come through.

fishLuke, Oct 24, 2017
  8. fishLuke
    fishLuke Guest

Just got a 28 GB manual update for Forza 7 so I assume this is fixed. I guess the updates for Fifa 18 and Destiny 2 will follow at a later date.

fishLuke, Oct 27, 2017
  9. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    I haven’t seen any updates available for games and all the games I have are supposed to be enhanced.

brandiesel1, Nov 1, 2018
  10. brandiesel1 Win User

I haven’t seen any updates available for games and all the games I have are supposed to be enhanced.
  11. fishLuke Win User

Hey there fishLike.

There currently isn't an option for that I'm afraid. Is there a particular reason you want to download 4K games to your Xbox One S?

As I explained in my initial post, I want to download them in preparation for when I receive my Xbox One X. Then I can use the option to transfer the data from my One S to the One X.

When will the option become available? It makes no sense that you shouldn't be able to review the 4K updates like you do for normal updates. Is this going to be an issue when I receive the One X as well?

At a guess I'd suggest that you'll be able to review each 4K update when the Scorpio is released.

Essentially I think Microsoft have provided the option to download 4K updates for games prior to the console release as they become available. This would be an automated Push (when available they will be downloaded) from the Xbox servers, rather than a Get
    Guess I will just have to switch on the automated option at the end of this month before my data cap refreshes and hope that the updates come through.
  12. fishLuke Win User

Just got a 28 GB manual update for Forza 7 so I assume this is fixed. I guess the updates for Fifa 18 and Destiny 2 will follow at a later date.
  13. GaryHicks42 Win User

Hey there fishLike.

14. fishLuke Win User

Hey there fishLike.

Thema:

1. How to manually view 4K game updates? - Similar Threads - manually view game

2. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  3. How to get a manual refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get a manual refund?: My son used the wrong card to purchase vc for his build on 2k24 due to the Xbox menu being delayed and slow responsiveness… So I tried to refund it a hour later as I returned home but the bot...
  4. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...
  5. Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?: I have contacted Microsoft support and no one has been able to help me get into my account. Everytime I do the account recover or reinstatement it sais that information is wrong . I made the...
  6. Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox: I have an xbox series x, one x, and original S on my network. I can only remote play to these devices if I manually power them on from standby. They are set to standby sleep, NOT power down. I've...
  7. Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.: Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it. It is listed under purchases as 075 flight sim credits in my account but cannot find how to view or download the manual....
  8. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  9. how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...: Rigid game save allocations mean I am often running out of space to save on so many games. Worse than this, the allocation is not extended for other users, so I might only have room for saves in...
  10. How to manually set up 1pv6 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to manually set up 1pv6 on my Xbox Series X: How to manually set up IPv6 on my Xbox Series X. I have both IPv$ and IPv6 on my router and Xbox but IPv4 is the active one 49e4044a-07d8-4e02-8ef3-67b6aa865d5e