How to manually configure network parameters

Discus and support How to manually configure network parameters in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I want to configure my XB1 network parameters manually.Unfortunately although I enter DNS addressess manually (both IPV4), these get immediately... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Miroslav Prágl, Jan 2, 2016.

1. How to manually configure network parameters

Hi,

I want to configure my XB1 network parameters manually.Unfortunately although I enter DNS addressess manually (both IPV4), these get immediately overwriten with IPV6 DNS addresses advertised by my router.Why and how do I prevent this?

Thanks

MP

:)

Miroslav Prágl, Jan 2, 2016
  2. t0xicityy
    t0xicityy Guest
    Intermittent Disconnects

Still waiting for instructions on how to manually configure wireless network. Already changed security to WPA2-PSK with AES and disabled WPS.

t0xicityy, Jan 2, 2016
  3. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Trouble connecting Live through AT&T U-Verse!!!!!I

Greetings Tee00max!

[quote user="Tee00max"]setting up the ports manually (Dont know if I done it correctly, manually assigning IP and subnet[/quote]Appreciate if you can detailing out how you manually configure network ports used by xbox LIVE.

Thank you!

taidara, Jan 2, 2016
  4. taidara Win User

Strict NAT type, Australia

Greetings NotAHappy!

Could you detailing out how you've manually configured static NAT (Port Forwarding). Which network ports have you forward and how is your console's network settings configured?

Whenever you manually configured a forwarding rule, (Port Forwarding) make sure UPnP is disabled.

Thank you!
  5. t0xicityy Win User

Intermittent Disconnects

Still waiting for instructions on how to manually configure wireless network. Already changed security to WPA2-PSK with AES and disabled WPS.
  6. FrozenxTempest Win User

console doesn't auto-connect to live anymore.

When you go into Configure network is it on manual or automatic if on manual switch to automatic and that should work.
  7. Shadyzm Win User

Help Setting up TP Link WA500G

Hi, I'm trying to configure it with my network and trying to use it in client mode, but I'm just confused as to how to do it properly. The manual doesn't give enough info how to do it.
  8. A Bamboo Eater Win User

ad-hoc to stream video, without router or internetconnection?

This is not an official fix for your concern, but will help you understand what you are trying to attempt.

[quote user=""]

Both need to be equipped with a wireless interface.

The network is ad hoc. No access point nor hub is required. The Xbox 360 and Windows PC communicate using a direct multipoint wireless link.

We first look at the network configuration of the Xbox 360. The network settings on the Xbox 360 must be edited with a manually assigned IP address. Through the sequence of menus System Settings and Network Settings, you configure the network such that the
    Basic Settings appear as follows:

The IP Settings are Manual. The IP address is set to 192.0.0.1 and network mask to 255.255.255.0. Of high importance are the parameters Wireless Mode (801.11g), Network Name (mynet), Network Type (Ad Hoc) and Wireless Security (No Security). The values must
    match the ones assigned to the corresponding parameters on the Windows PC, except for the IP address. We assign 192.0.0.2 on the PC.

When associated to the Xbox 360, the network “mynet” should show as connected.

Over the ad hoc network, the Windows PC can share media with the Xbox 360. The last step consists of configuring a media sharing application on Windows. Media sharing has to be enabled. Windows Media Player has this capability. If a firewall is running on the
    Windows PC, network sharing must be enabled.

Then, the Xbox 360 must be granted access in the media sharing application.

Videos are streamed from the Windows PC to the Xbox 360. The facility is accessible from the My Xbox Video Library panel. Through the Windows PC association, the Xbox 360 pulls and plays video streams.

[/quote]
Thema:

How to manually configure network parameters

1. How to manually configure network parameters - Similar Threads - manually configure network

2. Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed: Hey everyone, I’ve noticed an interesting issue with my Xbox Series X. Whenever I manually turn off my controller, it seems to affect the download speed on my console. Has anyone else...
  3. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  4. How to get a manual refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get a manual refund?: My son used the wrong card to purchase vc for his build on 2k24 due to the Xbox menu being delayed and slow responsiveness… So I tried to refund it a hour later as I returned home but the bot...
  5. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...
  6. Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?: I have contacted Microsoft support and no one has been able to help me get into my account. Everytime I do the account recover or reinstatement it sais that information is wrong . I made the...
  7. Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox: I have an xbox series x, one x, and original S on my network. I can only remote play to these devices if I manually power them on from standby. They are set to standby sleep, NOT power down. I've...
  8. Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.: Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it. It is listed under purchases as 075 flight sim credits in my account but cannot find how to view or download the manual....
  9. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  10. how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...: Rigid game save allocations mean I am often running out of space to save on so many games. Worse than this, the allocation is not extended for other users, so I might only have room for saves in...