How to make xbox recognize external hard drive

Discus and support How to make xbox recognize external hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have had the xbox one and a 2 tb seagate hard drive for several years now, but very recently I've been having a problem that even though my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nathan F1, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Nathan F1
    Nathan F1 Guest

Hello, I have had the xbox one and a 2 tb seagate hard drive for several years now, but very recently I've been having a problem that even though my hard drive has been plugged in for like a year now the xbox isn't recognizing it and is trying to make me reinstall all my games. I've gon through all that the xbox support page said and it hasn't worked. If anyone has a possible solution to this issue please help.

:)

Nathan F1, Mar 24, 2023
  2. Nathan F1 Win User

I have a kind of seagate drive, but I'm not sure which. I saw on their site that I could download a thing on my pc to trouble shoot but it wasn't recognized there either. Assuming the hard drive is the main issue, what would be the best option. Whether it's to try to fix it or possibly buy a new one?
  3. Francia J. Win User

It means that the issue is the external hard drive, Nathan. What hard drive do you have? You may need to reach out to the hard drive manufacturer for troubleshooting steps.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Thank you so much for the detailed information, Nathan. If you have performed the steps provided on the Xbox Support site and the same issue occurs it may mean that the issue is the external hard drive. Do you have a different device where you can test the hard drive? It can be on a PC, Laptop, or another Xbox console.
  5. Francia J. Win User

The first thing that I would recommend is reaching out to Seagate support so they can guide you with troubleshooting steps, once they were able to perform troubleshooting steps, they'll know what would be the best option which may include getting a new one but we will not know for sure.
  6. Nathan F1 Win User

I have tried to plug it into my computer and I didn't get any notification and it didn't show up in my files app. It still had the light turn on and vibrated a little bit.
Thema:

1. How to make xbox recognize external hard drive - Similar Threads - recognize external hard

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  4. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  5. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  6. My sea gate external hard drive is not being recognized by my Xbox what can I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sea gate external hard drive is not being recognized by my Xbox what can I do: My sea gate hard drive is not being recognized by my Xbox aecc15d9-4ff3-482d-8634-a03f3a724a6e
  7. External Hard drive not being recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive not being recognized: I recently had exams so I haven’t been on my Xbox for about 3 weeks, I got on not long ago and played 1 game and then got off again and haven’t touched for a week- a week and a half and today I...
  8. my external NTFS drive is not recognized as a valid install location (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    my external NTFS drive is not recognized as a valid install location (PC): i tried to install a game today off of xbox game pass and it came to my attention that all of a sudden, my external hard drive isn't detected as a valid location anymore. even though it was...
  9. External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update: After newest alpha update today (26 May 2023) my external HDD is not recognized by my Xbox Series X. I have tried rebooting it and following all the steps found online and it will not load....
  10. My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for...: Hello. I've been trying to find info about this. There is only one old question with no answers and the thread is archived. I tried everything (I removed the Samsung Lock Software, I formatted it...