How to make screen time limits work

Discus and support How to make screen time limits work in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The time limits I set for my sons Xbox seem to have totally stopped working. I’ve tried resetting them but they still don’t work. I’m wondering if he... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tim Ashworth, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Tim Ashworth
    Tim Ashworth Guest

The time limits I set for my sons Xbox seem to have totally stopped working. I’ve tried resetting them but they still don’t work. I’m wondering if he knows a hack but he says it’s just started happening…

:)

Tim Ashworth, Mar 21, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I would check the system clock and see what time it's set to
  3. WPAK Win User

Screen Time Limits Not Working

Hi there,

to be sure check if the Screen time settings are correct at: https://account.microsoft.com/family/

After that have your son's account Sign out and Sign in again on the console.

Also be sure to have the console do a full power cycle via the following steps:

try the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait until the power supply light turns and remains orange for at least 30 seconds before powering on again:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

Let us know the results
  4. CeruleanHawk538 Win User

screen time limits not working

I have tried all of those things but it still won’t work. I have signed out of everything, my account and child’s. We have restarted everything as well. No updates are needed. It worked fine until yesterday.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello JennaEsposito,

Thank you for posting here on on the Xbox forums. We understand that the screen time limits you have set are not working correctly. How do you have them set up? Do you set it for a specific time of the day, or are you allowing him certain amounts of time
    randomly? Do you ever get emails asking for exceptions to screen time?

Let us know any more details we may be missing and we will try our best to help you troubleshoot this.

Thanks again.
  6. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Hi Cerulean,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums!

Now when you mentioned trying all the suggested fixes, what steps did you take to correct the issue?
    If screen time isn't working the way you expect it to, keep the following in mind:

• With the latest update of Windows, you're able to set up one schedule that'll apply across all of your child's devices. This means if you give them five hours in a day, they'll have five hours between their Xbox One and Windows 10 devices. Otherwise,
      time gets tracked separately, so 1 hour of screen time means 1 hour per device.
    • Check to make sure your family’s devices have the latest Windows updates by selecting the
      Start button, then selecting Settings
      > Update & Security > Windows Update
      > Check for updates and installing any available updates. If you're on your child's device now,
      check if it needs an update.
    • Try rebooting your family’s devices. Select the Start button, then select
      Power > Restart.
    • Make sure your child is signed in with their Microsoft account on their device. If they are, you can check to make sure their account is syncing up right. Select the
      Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts and follow the prompts to verify their account.

Give this a try and let us know how it goes :)
Thema:

1. How to make screen time limits work - Similar Threads - screen limits

2. Screen time limits on Xbox not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen time limits on Xbox not working: Screen time limits through family safety have suddenly stopped working. My son is able to play whenever and for however long he likes, last night I caught him playing at 4 am! I’ve checked all the...
  3. Game screen Evil Within goes beyond the limits of my monitor

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game screen Evil Within goes beyond the limits of my monitor: It is easy to fix if you set scaling to 100 percent, but then to use windows is unrealistic, and to change this parament every time you enter the game and after leaving it is very inconvenient....
  4. Can we please add the ability to set a screen time limit on the organizer account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we please add the ability to set a screen time limit on the organizer account?: Without the ability to set an organizer account time limit, there are workarounds to screen time and I’m sure there are some adults who could benefit from this as well, just like we do with apple...
  5. Screen time limits on Xbox not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen time limits on Xbox not working: Screen time limits through family safety have suddenly stopped working. My son is able to play whenever and for however long he likes, last night I caught him playing at 4 am! I’ve checked all the...
  6. How do I fix "disconnected from cloud gaming session, you've got your screen time limit."?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix "disconnected from cloud gaming session, you've got your screen time limit."?: Every time that I try and load into any game with cloud gaming on my Xbox, it just comes up with "disconnected from cloud gaming session, you've hit your screen time limit." And I don't know how...
  7. Xbox family screen limit not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox family screen limit not working: Screen time not working on Xbox family. When I originally set this up it worked well to limit my sons play time but is no longer working. f9560263-b71a-40ee-8507-92d0aa178929
  8. Set a Screen Time limit on a primary account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Set a Screen Time limit on a primary account?: Years ago I made the mistake of allowing my child to start using the Xbox without making a separate account for him. He had access to my saved games and I was kind of done playing the Xbox at that...
  9. XBOX Screen time limit

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX Screen time limit: My son uses my email on his Xbox account. Is there a way to set a screen limit on all users not just children - i.e. the family lead? 87df8747-9a9f-480e-a4f3-4b94ab57d5bb
  10. Screen Time Limit

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen Time Limit: Xbox Parental Lock I have a single Xbox Series X, and I want to be able to limit how much time my child spends playing games, but be able to play whenever I want myself. When I put a passcode on...