How to link child's xbox account to their steam account?

Discus and support How to link child's xbox account to their steam account? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded Ark for my son and I to play together. I can host the server but, if I am understanding correctly, I have to link his steam account to his... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vicodyn, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Vicodyn
    Vicodyn Guest

I downloaded Ark for my son and I to play together. I can host the server but, if I am understanding correctly, I have to link his steam account to his xbox profile in order for him to connect to my private server. We would be using different platforms. I would be on PC and he would be on xbox. The issue I am running into is that because he has a child account, throught microsoft and xbox, he can not link to social sites (Steam) and although I have gone through and given him full permissions on the Microsoft page and through the xbox, it still won't allow it. Am I missing a setting somewhere or some workaround that I have not tried yet? I just want to be able to play a dinosaur game with my son.

:)

Vicodyn, Feb 11, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Vicodyn, i believe you can`t because Ark is no cross platform

"Ark is only cross-platform for iOS and Android players or Xbox and Windows PC. This means that in order to play Ark on the Xbox, Playstation, or Nintendo Switch, you need to buy it for that platform."

https://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/is-ark-cross-...

Note (Standard Disclaimer): This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  3. robert jastrow Win User

bought starfield can I install it on both the pc and xbox

How? I bought it on xbox and linked my steam account with my xbox account but only see options to purchase the game a second time. How do I prove to steam that I already purchased the game?
  4. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

Can't play 360 games on xbox one using kids profile

5. David Wirsching Win User

My step son is playing warzone on my Xbox account which is linked to my steam account. I want or is there a way to unlink my steam to set on his steam account so he can just play on his own pc?.

Hello Patrick K, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand that you want to unlink your Steam account from your Xbox account so you can set it up on your stepson's Steam account.

To unlink your Steam account from your Xbox account, you can follow these steps:

Sign in to your Xbox account on your console or on the official Xbox website.
    Navigate to the settings or account settings section.
    Look for the "Linking accounts" or "Linked accounts" option.
    Within that section, you should see the option to "Unlink Steam Account" or something similar. Select that option and confirm the unlink.

Once you've unlinked your Steam account from your Xbox account, your stepson can link their own Steam account to your Xbox account by following these steps:

Sign in to your Xbox account using your console or the official Xbox website.
    Navigate to the settings or account settings section.
    Look for the "Linking accounts" or "Linked accounts" option.
    Within that section, there should be an option to "Link Steam Account" or something similar. Select that option and follow the instructions to link your stepson's Steam account.

Best regards.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Gears 5

Hi Mooiaapie,

Have you re-installed your Steam client? if you haven't done so, I recommend doing that since it's the Steam client that is responsible for providing the sign-in window to sign into the Microsoft Account that has the Xbox Live profile on it. As mentioned
    previously by an Xbox Ambassador, you should also make sure that your Steam account is linked to your Microsoft account.

To link an account from a game purchased on Steam:

1. Open Steam and then launch a game that supports Xbox account linking (e.g. Gears 5).
    2. Sign in to Xbox Live when prompted.
    3. Select the account linking option in the game’s menu.
    4. When the Steam account linking overlay appears, select Yes, continue.
    5. Choose which friends you want to follow.

Click on the link provided by our Xbox Ambassador for steps on how to link the two accounts from the Xbox Game Bar or from the Xbox app (Beta) if the sign in window does not pop up when launching Gears 5 from the Steam client.
Thema:

1. How to link child's xbox account to their steam account? - Similar Threads - link child's account

2. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?: This is one for the books and for those familiar with Epic Games accounts. A long time ago, I deleted my Outlook account without realizing that it was linked to my child's Epic Games account. It...
  5. Child account can't link Discord to Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account can't link Discord to Xbox: My kid needs to link his Discord account to Xbox Live. He has my permission, but apparently child accounts can't link to social media accounts. How can I make an exception in parental control to...
  6. Can you link multiple child microsoft accounts to multiple PS4 child accounts within the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you link multiple child microsoft accounts to multiple PS4 child accounts within the...: Hello. I have 2 boys who want to play Minecraft together. We have a family account on PS4 (my adult account and their two child accounts). I can set up two Microsoft accounts. However, can I link...
  7. Is it possible to link/use existing child Fornite Xbox accounts on Nintendo Switch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to link/use existing child Fornite Xbox accounts on Nintendo Switch?: I have one adult and two child Fortnite accounts on Xbox. I (somehow) linked my adult Xbox Fornite account to our Nintendo Switch and cross-platform play is available for that adult Fortnite...
  8. unable to sign in on the website to link account to bungie.net from family child account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to sign in on the website to link account to bungie.net from family child account...: i have been having a issue with the family system on my xbox even tho i have not got one set up it says that someone has changed my account to child whenever i try to link my account to bungie now...
  9. just renewed Xbox Live Gold, child account won't link

in XBoX on Consoles
    just renewed Xbox Live Gold, child account won't link: My Xbox Live Gold membership had expired and I just renewed it (didn't have it set to auto renew). Now my son's account on the xbox360 still reads Xbox Live Free and I can't figure out how to...
  10. Link child offline xbox 360 profile to a child xbox live profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Link child offline xbox 360 profile to a child xbox live profile: I have searched the forums and there seems to be no answer to this. I have a child that has been building up a gamerscore on the xbox 360 and wants to be on xbox live without losing his hard...