How to install Xbox PC games to WindowsApps instead of XboxGames?

Discus and support How to install Xbox PC games to WindowsApps instead of XboxGames? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A rather unique issue that I've been troubleshooting for over a week now, and I think I've finally found the cause. In Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 -... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WheeledMoth, May 9, 2022.

  1. WheeledMoth
    WheeledMoth Guest

    How to install Xbox PC games to WindowsApps instead of XboxGames?


    A rather unique issue that I've been troubleshooting for over a week now, and I think I've finally found the cause.

    In Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 - Windows 10, some users are able to connect to the multiplayer servers while others aren't. After numerous testing steps including clean reinstalls of Windows, I've narrowed down the issue. When the game is installed to any other folder besides WindowsApps, users can't connect to the multiplayer servers.

    The issue is that the recent versions of the Xbox app for Windows will force you to install new games to the XboxGames folder (or another folder of your choosing) but provide no way to install to WindowsApps.

    I've tested on a device with an older version of the Xbox app, and upon installing the game to WindowsApps, the game is immediately able to connnect to the servers.

    I've tried resetting the Xbox app, reinstalling Windows, changing accounts inside the app and users on Windows, but there does not seem to be a way to force the Xbox app to install new games into WindowsApps. It forces me to install to XboxGames or another custom folder.

    Is there a way to force an install to WindowsApps? Or manually move an app back into it? There is a dependency somewhere that is being broken, and it's being caused by the game being installed in a different location.

    :)
     
    WheeledMoth, May 9, 2022
    #1
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    How to install Xbox PC games to WindowsApps instead of XboxGames?

    Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.
    I'll be happy to assist you out today.

    Hope you're doing great today mate

    When you select where to install the game, are you not able to create a new folder?
    If yes you could try creating “WindowsApps” folder.

    The other option is share this feedback with developers using link below:
    https://www.tindalos-interactive.com/en/contact/
  3. FilipposDS Win User

    Why a game which I downloaded from Microsoft store is installed at 2 different folders at the same time? (Both WindowsApps folder and XboxGames fodler)

    Hello,

    Well yes i decides to format my PC and reinstall everything which i did. Today i installed and Forza Horizon 5. Well, again tha game installed at XboxGames folder instead of WindowsApps but now it does't occupy storage at both folders. Only at XboxGames. If i go to XboxGames folder i can see the game files but if i also go to WindowsApps folder i can find the game files there too but as a shortcut. But it is ok since it is not installed 2 times as before.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Game not fully uninstalled/Files still exist somewhere.

    Don't worry, if you're not able to see the WindowsApps folder, this means you not have any game installed there (some games uses WindowsApps instead XboxGames)

    But just in case, enable hidden files and try looking again on your C: drive root

    How it went with the cleanup tools?
  5. Rostom L Win User

    Whenever I install games instead of going to the specified folder they install to the windowsapps folder.

    I understand. Since you're able to install other games through the XboxGames folder, this may be a bug on the app itself. I recommend to submit a report or file a bug to Windows/Xbox team for them to investigate the issue.

    Alternatively, try to install your games through the Microsoft Store app or through the website store if it uses the XboxGames folder instead of WindowsApps.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

    Error Code 0x8007005 when trying to install sea of thieves

    May I know if the games on the H: drive are being installed on the XboxGames or WindowsApps folder?
Thema:

How to install Xbox PC games to WindowsApps instead of XboxGames?

Loading...
  1. How to install Xbox PC games to WindowsApps instead of XboxGames? - Similar Threads - install games WindowsApps

  2. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  3. Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?

    in XboX Insiders
    Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?: I have only had the digital license notification pop up on discs that were already installed. On games others have confirmed that work it only triggers an install and doesn't pop up the digital...
  4. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  5. Cloud gaming test, can't install game now

    in XboX Insiders
    Cloud gaming test, can't install game now: Alpha skip ahead. Ultimate subscription active. Pretty sure I have the update to test the new cloud gaming tier/feature. However, now when I try to install a game, the only option I have is to...
  6. Unable to access windows updates and install or update games on Xbox launcher app

    in XboX Insiders
    Unable to access windows updates and install or update games on Xbox launcher app: I have spoken to a Microsoft employee and I have been told that I need to wipe my whole pc. I’m looking for another solution. He thinks that I have a virus blocking these things from happening and...
  7. No "Play" button in Xbox app for some installed games?

    in XboX Insiders
    No "Play" button in Xbox app for some installed games?: This started happening within the last 2 weeks. Multiple games I have installed on Xbox PC app (now at v2604.1000.32.0) have displayed an issue where they are installed but there is no Play button...
  8. Windows 11 xbox app preview won't install games says to join ultimate

    in XboX Insiders
    Windows 11 xbox app preview won't install games says to join ultimate: I am already a gamepass ultimate subscriber but the xbox app will not let me install any gamepass games today. At first the app reporting errors in connecting to try again. I tried on different...
  9. PC doesn’t show INSTALL on GamePass games under ultimate subscription

    in XboX Insiders
    PC doesn’t show INSTALL on GamePass games under ultimate subscription: I have GamePass Ultimate, I can install games on my Xbox Series X, but on my Windows 11 PC the GamePass games show: "Included with GamePass. Your plan: GamePass Ultimate", and the only button...
  10. All games were installed to WindowsApps-Folder. How can i move them to another location, so...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    All games were installed to WindowsApps-Folder. How can i move them to another location, so...: When installing every game, i can select a drive. This works fine but the games will not install to my own folder like (C:\XboxGames). They installed to WindowsApps Folder on the selected drive....