How To Have A Powered External Hardrive On A XBOX Console

Discus and support How To Have A Powered External Hardrive On A XBOX Console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How I am able to power off a self-powered external hardrive and all hardrives in general so that it won't stay on while the XBOX is powered off.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jayson Kresge, Apr 2, 2023.

1. How To Have A Powered External Hardrive On A XBOX Console

How I am able to power off a self-powered external hardrive and all hardrives in general so that it won't stay on while the XBOX is powered off.

Instead of powering off the XBOX in the conventional way of holding down the X Button on the controller, another method is to:

Menu/Settings/General and highlight Power Options and then click on Shutdown Now and it will ask if you want to shut down YES or NO.

By shutting down using this method ALL external hookups to the XBOX will power off with the console.

:)

Jayson Kresge, Apr 2, 2023
  2. bubbaXzone Win User

Getting new xbox 360 concern:

ok thanks I was thinking about transfering music or videos or pictures from PC. Is that do able?

the hardrive that comes with the 500 gb xbox 360 is that inside or attachable?

cause i have a external hardrive that holds 30 gb that i connected to my old xbox 360. Can that connect to new xbox 360?

how would you move the 500 gb hardrive to a new console i assume its inside?

assuming i get red ring of death.

I think the best thing to do then is get games on the 500 gb part and use external for game saves?

assuming i can attache the 30 gb hardrive to new console.
  3. Ghostpro870 Win User

External hard drive

I as well have experienced some issues, bought 2 new original green xbox one external hardrives and both say that there is not enough power or are to slow- bought 2 of the xbox slim white external hardrives and they work fine. Please note that I tired
    all trouble shooting options and tried them on 3 seperate Xboxes - 2 slims and a one x
  4. shaunyabbo Win User

Storage Alternatives for XBOX versus internal drive

Im with you on this, always save to the external hardrive and have a second for back up on hand. Can never be to sure with a system failure with how complex these consoles are getting these days!
  5. Jeremy2085 Win User

Question

You should be able to use an external usb hardrive as well as the games you already have installed on your xbox, as long as it meets the requirements for downloading and storing games. I have a 3tb hardrive and use my xbox hardrive as well for downloading
    and storing games and it works just fine, you just have to connect it to the usb port of your xbox for it to be recognized as an external device.
  6. mickph1998 Win User

Can't Update & Go Live, Error Code: 40A3-0000-3080-0300-D000-0185 & 40A3-0000-3080-0300-D000-0185

what i did to fix it was got an external hardrive put all of my staff on my xbox harddrive and put it on the external

and i formatted the xbox hardrive

then i run the update and it worked
Thema:

How To Have A Powered External Hardrive On A XBOX Console

1. How To Have A Powered External Hardrive On A XBOX Console - Similar Threads - Powered External Hardrive

2. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  3. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  4. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  5. How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X: The Headset Audio works is there a way to Connect the USB part of the headset cord to the rear of the XBOX series X Controller for power? 1b3a4ce7-9c22-415b-a49b-eb315628f2e3
  6. Console or power box issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console or power box issue?: I’m having trouble with my original Xbox one. I don’t know if it’s the power box the console itself. I have an after market power box because the original stopped working. Anyway, I plug the power...
  7. Power block is good and system is not over heating but Xbox one will not power on but for a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Power block is good and system is not over heating but Xbox one will not power on but for a...: Power block is good and system is not over heating but Xbox one will not power on but for a split second then off 56a4c5cf-7f6a-4bbb-960b-34a5882cdc75
  8. Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??: My Xbox willl cycle the tv off when I turn console off but will not turn it on! Before anyone suggests it yes I have checked my tv settings and yes cec is turned on for my tv in settings, it’s...
  9. I have a Xbox. 360 with the external hard drive. It's not working the power source blinks...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a Xbox. 360 with the external hard drive. It's not working the power source blinks...: I have the Xbox 360 wth external hard drive. The power source jus blinks and game doesn't turn ,can it be fixed ,and is there a way I can retrieve my music and data from the hard drive if console...
  10. External seagate hard drive light not on but is still getting power

in XBoX on Consoles
    External seagate hard drive light not on but is still getting power: Hi if anyone can help with this I will be so grateful. But my hard drive went out on me with all my games in it and now I'm having the problem of the hard drive light not coming on, but I can feel...