How to get DirectX 10 from DirectX 12

Discus and support How to get DirectX 10 from DirectX 12 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Explain how, No microsoft things tell me how to get it just the latest version my game of choice War Thunder says i need DirectX 10 or a higher version... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ellis Chamberlain, Mar 23, 2023.

1. How to get DirectX 10 from DirectX 12

Explain how, No microsoft things tell me how to get it just the latest version my game of choice War Thunder says i need DirectX 10 or a higher version supported offically. Please explain What that means and how do i get DirectX 10 please help this is a big deal

:)

Ellis Chamberlain, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Ellis, which operating system you have, Win 10 or 11, if it is 11 it will already come on your system.

To download and install DirectX 12 Ultimate latest version, you can still use Windows Update. Just click Start -> Settings -> Windows Update -> Check for updates to do it.

How to install the latest version of DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

DirectX 12 is fully backwards compatible with DirectX 10 and 11. DirectX12 is already on both Windows 10 and 11. DX12 Ultimate is of little use unless you have a high end AMD RX 6XXXX or NVIDIA 20XX or better graphics card/discreet graphics processor.

DirectX is software that works with your graphics hardware. If your graphics hardware does not fully support the hardware level of the version DirectX of the game you want to play, you can't play it.

For example, even though your PC/Laptop has DirectX12 installed, if your hardware only supports DirectX 10, you won't be able to run games that require DX11 or DX12.

If you could provide the system specs of your machine, we could have look if your hardware is compatible with War Thunder. Without this information there is no way to know.
  4. f00xm4n Win User

Bethesda to Hold News Conference at E3 2015

5. LeonSebastien Win User

heavy direct x 12 problem so i was trying to play warzone when i go this message so now i waited one day and night and then i can't. can

so im trying to use DirectX 11 instead. it may not look as good but anyway keep getting stuck with directX 12
  6. f00xm4n Win User
Thema:

1. How to get DirectX 10 from DirectX 12 - Similar Threads - DirectX DirectX

2. DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.: Hello there, I have a problem where DirectX is messing with all of my games and now I can't play them. Everytime I tried to launch a game it give me this error : LowLevelFatal Error [File:...
  3. A directX 11 compatible GPU (Feature level 11.0, Shader model 5.0) is required to run this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A directX 11 compatible GPU (Feature level 11.0, Shader model 5.0) is required to run this...: I wanted to play a game called scribble it that is in steam and I got this error (I tried to play the game on Windows 8.1). I have directx 11 and I don't know why this error appears i need...
  4. Directx 12 error while playing death stranding

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Directx 12 error while playing death stranding: Few days back my HP Omen 16 laptop faced a hard disk error so i had to replace my nvme ssd, i used to play death stranding which i downloaded from epic games when my old nvme ssd was present in my...
  5. Low FPS with DirectX?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Low FPS with DirectX?: Hi everyone! I am using an AMD Ryzen 5 7600X, AMD RX 6700XT, a MSI PRO B650-P WIFI board and 32GB of DDR5 Ram. The PC is running on Windows 11 using DirectX12 and I am playing on a Ultrawide...
  6. my minecraft preview version not run my directx version

in XBoX on Windows
    my minecraft preview version not run my directx version: my directx version is directx 12 but my minecraft preview was showing "d3d11" (directx 11) c38fd601-6010-4915-9665-94b0a8400c9a
  7. if there is directx 12 downloaded in my pc. do I need the other versions of directx to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if there is directx 12 downloaded in my pc. do I need the other versions of directx to play...: Directx 12 is installed in my pc. But I tried to install directx other versions from the website of microsoft. But when i was trying to install that it keeps showing that "a newer or equivalent...
  8. An issue regarding installing DirectX 12 Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An issue regarding installing DirectX 12 Ultimate: [img] (Translated: This computer is compatible with DirectX 12 Ultimate) An issue regarding installing DirectX 12 Ultimate. My Laptop is compatible with DirectX 12 Ultimate as shown in the Xbox...
  9. How to install DirectX feature level 11.1 in NVIDIA Quadro K600 - Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to install DirectX feature level 11.1 in NVIDIA Quadro K600 - Windows 11: Hi I was trying to install and play God Of War 2018 which need at least direct x feature level 11_1. When I run the program it said "you need at least d3d_feature_level_11_1 " I don't know...
  10. how to enable directx 12 ultimate on my Dell Latitude 3120 ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to enable directx 12 ultimate on my Dell Latitude 3120 ?: system shows i have it installed but not enabled. Checked out if it was enabled through two different ways. 1) RUN Command dxdiag. 2) XBOX Gamebar. Both showed same results yet my laptop...