How to get controller to work on Xbox series X while using wireless display app to connect...

Discus and support How to get controller to work on Xbox series X while using wireless display app to connect... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m trying to play pc games on my living room tv. I have the xbox series x with the wireless display app and I’m able to cast my pc screen to the xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MyNameIsMatt, Jun 30, 2022.

1. MyNameIsMatt
    MyNameIsMatt Guest

How to get controller to work on Xbox series X while using wireless display app to connect...

I’m trying to play pc games on my living room tv.

I have the xbox series x with the wireless display app and I’m able to cast my pc screen to the xbox fine.

But the xbox controller doesn’t control the input. Making the pc essentially a fancy background wallpaper.

I have checked the box for ‘allow mouse, keyboard, touch and pen input from this device.

I have pressed the view and menu buttons to switch between controller and mouse+keyboard but neither lets me use the controller for anything else

:)

MyNameIsMatt, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

How to get controller to work on Xbox series X while using wireless display app to connect to a PC.

Hi MyNameIsMatt! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Of what you are using is a wireless display app, you won't be able to control the Xbox trough the tv, if your Tv supports android apps you should install the Xbox app, this will allow you to play remotely or while using wireless display the controller must be connected to the Xbox not the TV
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

How to get controller to work on Xbox series X while using wireless display app to connect to a PC.

So I’m not trying to use the Xbox through my tv. I’m trying to control my PC through the Xbox with the wireless display app. I’m beginning to think that it is not possible either even though many “tech experts” claim to be able to do so easily, in their clickbait articles on the web
    You need to have your controller synced directly to the PC if you want to control it. If the controller is synced to the console, it won't control the PC.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Sorry I misunderstood the first time, but in that case you should be able to activate game mode on the wireless settings and that should solve the situation of the controller to play the games
  5. MyNameIsMatt Win User

So I’m not trying to use the Xbox through my tv. I’m trying to control my PC through the Xbox with the wireless display app. I’m beginning to think that it is not possible either even though many “tech experts” claim to be able to do so easily, in their clickbait articles on the web
  6. Adyem Win User

Streaming to xbox controller input problem

Is this the first time that you use the wireless display app or this started happening just now?

First time, i managed to get my xbox series x yesterday trough help from a friend so i'm also still verry unfamillier with the software, i'm jumping from a 360 to a series x never having used an xbox one before.

Your wireless controller is connected via wired or wireless?

Wireless

Are you on Windows 10 or 11?

Windows 11

If you have another controller, the same happens?

Yes, i first tried on my elite wireless 2 controller and now i tried on the stock controller from the series x and it seems to happen as well

My primairy goal was to stream games so i could use my bigger TV schreen
Thema:

1. How to get controller to work on Xbox series X while using wireless display app to connect... - Similar Threads - controller series while

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  5. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  6. Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?: Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing? f55893a7-05c8-4c37-b615-ec16ab388c31
  7. Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode: My xbox controller stops charging while my console is in sleep mode. Bought Xbox Series X with officual rechargeable battery in July. The power efficient mode isn't activated in settings....
  8. Xbox Series X/S controller shutting off while plugged in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X/S controller shutting off while plugged in: In the last few days, I've started having issues with my controller shutting off while it's plugged in. About a minute after I power on the system with it (the Xbox is not in sleep mode. I turn it...
  9. Series X controller analog stick dirft then freeze, headset allway connect while the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X controller analog stick dirft then freeze, headset allway connect while the...: After i wake up, open my pc, log in my game play a little then my controller go nut. the both analog sticks move down right-down then freeze, i cant give it any input ( i can still press it ), the...
  10. Xbox Series controller shuts off while using Crunchyroll App using a Headset every 10...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller shuts off while using Crunchyroll App using a Headset every 10...: This seems to happen only when I'm using the Crunchyroll app. Everytime I watch anything on Crunchyroll with my headphones plugged in my Xbox Series X|S controller it always shuts off after 10...