How to get a refund for unauthorised in game purchases made on a mobile phone uk

Discus and support How to get a refund for unauthorised in game purchases made on a mobile phone uk in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Before My son left home he made purchases to fifa on his phone making a huge phone bill, ( he will not help me with this as he refuses to except what... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by McWAM, Aug 3, 2020.

1. McWAM
    McWAM Guest

How to get a refund for unauthorised in game purchases made on a mobile phone uk

Before My son left home he made purchases to fifa on his phone making a huge phone bill, ( he will not help me with this as he refuses to except what he's done) the phone company won't help and have told us to pay and then contact microsoft which I have
    done on the 28th July 2020. The lady I spoke to said she would look into the refund and contact me back within 72hrs thats been and gone so called today to speak about the situation and the guy said there was no record of my phone call but won't put a new
    claim in as it may into fear with the previous call representative that may have used another platform to escalate the refund and to wait for her call. So I found another number ( microsoft Ireland) and the lady said I wouldn't get a refund and I needed to
    speak with xbox and there department wasn't open until 4pm uk time so to call back then.

I'm really stuck with what to do or if I should even continue to try and get the money back if I'm realistically not going to get it back. Am I wasting my time?

Any help would be much appreciated as im not a technical person so this is really hard for me

Thanks

:)

McWAM, Aug 3, 2020
  2. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Arbitrary Credit/Charge

Have you recently added a new card?

Some charges can be made to check the validity of the card, it is refunded.

Other than that, you should call phone support to report any unauthorised charges.
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

How to get refunded after an unauthorised purchase

Hello Jg123-dc, sorry to hear this happened to you.

Glad to hear you've gotten access to your account. If you haven't already I'd recommend changing at least the password and/or email and turn on 2FA for your account.

In the meantime you can try filling out the form here https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund with as much information as possible. You can find the order number of the purchase on your account at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

Once filled out it can take up to 78 hours for support team to respond to your email regarding the request
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Refund request

You can try & reply to the refund denial email & ask again but if it was in game currency that was purchased then they tend not to refund that.

There's info on how to prevent unauthorised purchases HERE
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Runaway Account

You can find out how to set up pass keys to prevent someone accessing your account or making unauthorised purchases HERE

Support do not issue refunds not can they be contacted by phone in most countries.Details on if you are eligible for a refund & how to apply for one can be found HERE
  6. Daft Badger Win User

hello for the first time I have a child bought a game fallout 4 forza horizon 2 fast furios, I was a

As clearly stated there are no refunds on digital purchases.

You may want to follow the steps
    here
    on how to prevent unauthorised purchases.
Thema:

1. How to get a refund for unauthorised in game purchases made on a mobile phone uk - Similar Threads - refund unauthorised game

2. WMR refunds

in XBoX on Windows
    WMR refunds: Is Microsoft going to refund us users of WMR for hardware and software purchased via the Microsoft store? Announcing that you are just going to brick our hardware and take away our PURCHASED...
  3. Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...: If there's a refund for this please tell us now because I would like this to stop popping up on my bank account please Microsoft do something about it or else we'll call the cops I'm about sick of...
  4. Account refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Account refund: someone got access to my account refuned my stuff and i never got the refund money 0f1b5022-27c7-4069-909c-3573d99bf5ad
  5. Hi i have a failed refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi i have a failed refund: Hi can anyone assist me I have a failed refund and when i sent Microsoft an email requesting them to ratcher credit my xbox account with the money so that i can pay for gamepass with it they...
  6. Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option: My latest PC Game Pass renewal email said 'You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being...
  7. I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got: I need a refund on a Xbox I never got 4cf1c754-9f95-40fb-951a-985fd29dbbae
  8. Hi I have put a refund in 4 months ago and it has been accepted but I have not been...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I have put a refund in 4 months ago and it has been accepted but I have not been...: Here is my evidenceof refund being accepted [img] 48bf7e83-9bd5-4aed-9ceb-b8353aa5de94
  9. the refunding is too hard and actually impossible

in XBoX on Windows
    the refunding is too hard and actually impossible: i have gone on the https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders website and then the website that should work with the order number but the number it need is supposed to start with a G and the...
  10. Request for a refund for an unauthorised transaction on Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request for a refund for an unauthorised transaction on Microsoft Store: Hello Microsoft, I had an unauthorised transaction on my Xbox console when purchasing a game with a gift card with my Microsoft account balance, but $14.95 was charged to my debit card on my...