How to fix Xbox wired stereo headsets that no sound through them?

Discus and support How to fix Xbox wired stereo headsets that no sound through them? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought Xbox wired stereo headsets but eventually turned out that my headsets doesn't give any sound, the sound only comes from my monitor! . I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by General Mihawk, Dec 30, 2022.

1. How to fix Xbox wired stereo headsets that no sound through them?

I just bought Xbox wired stereo headsets but eventually turned out that my headsets doesn't give any sound, the sound only comes from my monitor! . I tired to attach it to my labtop and ps4 and it worked very well..

So I searched for basic solutions like an update for a controller but it didn't work for me!

Could it be from the monitor itself!?

If any one has experienced the same problem

Kindly give me your solution because it may be from the headset itself and I might return it to the store!

:)

General Mihawk, Dec 30, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

There could be several reasons why your Xbox wired stereo headset is not producing sound when connected to your Xbox.

Make sure the headset is properly plugged in: First, check to make sure the headset is properly plugged into the controller. The headset jack is located on the bottom of the controller, and the plug on the headset should be fully inserted.

Check the audio settings: Go to the Xbox settings menu and navigate to the "Audio" tab. Make sure that the "Headset" option is selected as the audio output device.

Check the controller firmware: It's possible that the controller firmware may need to be updated. To do this, go to the Xbox settings menu and navigate to the "Devices & connections" tab. Select "Controller" and then choose "Update firmware".

Try a different controller: If you have another controller available, try using it with the headset to see if the problem persists. This will help determine whether the issue is with the controller or the headset.

Check the headset for any damage: If the headset appears to be damaged or has any visible defects, it may be the cause of the problem. In this case, you may need to replace the headset.
  3. Glu10Free Win User

Why do the Xbox One microphone headsets refuse to work?

@Sword StyIe - Which Xbox One Stereo Headset? How does it sound? I like my TB DX12s with the surround sound processor but I hate wires...
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Casque arctis 9x le son sort également du téléviseur

Sounds coming from headphones and TV at the same time is normal for the console...the other day I left my stereo on (my TV is wired through it) and couldn't work out why the audio from my headphones sounded different!

As to the audio through a headset being lower quality, that would depend really....if the audio signal for the headset is coming directly from the Xbox (wireless headset or wired), then I'd argue it's better quality than that carried to the TV via the HDMI cable. For me, my wireless headset is plugged into my controller (using an adapter) and the sound quality is miles better than the TV is capable of (is even better than my very good stereo too)
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

XBOX ONE Headset Adapter (Problem)

I was having an issue for weeks using my TB X42s with the stereo headset chat adapter because I couldn't hear anybody else talk through them (although the game sound came through just fine). I fixed it by replacing my headset's chat cable.
  6. Magewings Win User

Xbox 1st part wireless headset crackling when inputs from controller and keyboard

so ya its anything to do with system sounds being in stereo on any headset wire or wireless... so if anyone can help without me having to call Microsoft thank you but at this point i think my only fix is to call them
Thema:

1. How to fix Xbox wired stereo headsets that no sound through them? - Similar Threads - fix wired stereo

2. Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...: Hello, I have a lot of saved games and characters on my fallout 4, wanting to get back into it. I’ve been spending hours and hours searching online and trying to find fixes for this issue, I’ve...
  3. how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor: Hello, I’ve been having problems with my display - and I’m not sure what it is. I have a Xbox series s with a 165 hz and 1080p monitor to go with it. I use this setup to play mostly cod at 120 fps...
  4. XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...: im trying to play madden and ten minutes into playing my xbox logs out and takes me back to the home screen then the button infront of the xbox blinks i have a cooling system on it to prevent over...
  5. How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.: I just got a Xbox series x and a brand new controller. Every controller I connect to the Xbox disconnects ever 30 seconds and reconnects. I can’t play games without being frustrated. What do I do?...
  6. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  7. Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?: I was playing and recording clips for dark souls 3 bosses on a Sandusky 128gb 3.0 usb for the past two days. It was going fine until I got to a certain boss and went to record a clip. I pressed...
  8. Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.: I have an Xbox Series S on wired internet connection, with a download speed of 300 MB and upload of 75 MB. My latency in Xbox Network statistics and in Halo Infinite is of 100-140 ms. It's...
  9. how do i fix the connection to my wired cable to my xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix the connection to my wired cable to my xbox.: I have my Xbox connected to a wired internet connection. when the cord is plugged in to my computer the internet test at very fast internet speed (download 502.08 Mbps, upload 188.55 Mbps, latency...
  10. Xbox no internet on wired connection or WiFi (FIX)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox no internet on wired connection or WiFi (FIX): If for some reason you are experiencing not being able to connect to the internet via a wired connection or if you are able to connect via wired connection but not WiFi! The only fix I’ve found is...