How to fix Xbox game bar crashing when joining party?

Discus and support How to fix Xbox game bar crashing when joining party? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Whenever I join a party via Xbox Game bar, I get the spinning blue circle of death before it crashes. This happens each time. I have repaired, reset... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by EddieSeery, Jun 4, 2023.

1. EddieSeery
    EddieSeery Guest

Whenever I join a party via Xbox Game bar, I get the spinning blue circle of death before it crashes. This happens each time. I have repaired, reset and tried running commands via the command prompt and nothing has changed. Any fix?

:)

EddieSeery, Jun 4, 2023
  2. CosmicCraze Win User

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with Xbox Game bar. One possible solution is to try reinstalling the Xbox Game bar application. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    2. Type "appwiz.cpl" in the Run dialog box and hit Enter.
    3. Look for "Xbox Game bar" in the list of installed programs, click on it, and select "Uninstall".
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. Go to the Microsoft Store and search for "Xbox Game bar".
    6. Click on the "Get" button to download and install the app again.

Another thing you can try is updating your graphics driver to the latest version. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard and select "Device Manager".
    2. Expand the "Display adapters" category.
    3. Right-click on your graphics card and select "Update driver".
    4. Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software".
    5. Wait for the update process to finish and restart your computer.

If neither of these solutions work, you may want to contact Xbox support for further assistance.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about that here.

Are you on Windows 10 or Windows 11?
    When did this issue start to occur?

Be sure to check for Windows updates and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store.
    Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...
    Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

I suggest that you also try all the recommended steps found on this link https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-s....

Might as well run the system file checker:
    https://support.microsoft.com/windows/using-sys...
  4. Rainbowsrfun Win User

Having issues with the Xbox App and Gaming Services

After testing further, the Xbox Game Bar is still crashing after trying to Join or Invite others to a party.
  5. Bloxxer Win User

xBox Gaming bar crashes when i join a party

Waking up this thread. I was having the same issue. Game bar kept crashing whenever I would join a party/someone would join my party. I found that on my end it had something to do with the noise suppression setting. Every time I click on it to enable/disable it, the game bar would crash, but now that it's off I have no problems with the game bar. Hope this helps.
  6. CladsDad Win User

Xbox Console Companion App

Anytime i try to start or join a party on the xbox console companion app it just has a loading symbol next to my mouse for a few seconds and then the app completely crashes and now i just cant join partys anymore without the app crashing.
    The same thing also happens with the xbox game bar
Thema:

1. How to fix Xbox game bar crashing when joining party? - Similar Threads - fix game bar

2. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...
  3. How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar: I've been getting the error message on Xbox that my mic won't work until I allow Microsoft permissions, but I have turned on every permission told to, and I still cannot get my mic to work. My mic...
  4. How do I fix game bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix game bar?: Hi, every time I use the Xbox Game Bar, specifically Xbox party, it tells me that, "Background Permissions" are turned off. I checked my Windows Settings, and I picked, "allow." I have terminated,...
  5. How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?: Ever since the new game bar update I haven't been able to go onto gamebar because it says "signing in". No matter how long I wait for it, it continues to be stuck there. I have tried everything...
  6. Xbox game bar background permissions is off and only way to fix it is by reseting Xbox game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar background permissions is off and only way to fix it is by reseting Xbox game...: When ever I turn my pc on to play with my friends I have to go into settings reset Xbox game bar and select my preferred audio settings but when I turn my pc off the fix goes away and I have to do...
  7. fix for diablo 4 LFG game bar widget PC not working?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    fix for diablo 4 LFG game bar widget PC not working?: the Xbox game bar lfg widget on pc recognizes halo infinite, but does not show posts for diablo 4, which i purchased through steam. its detecting diablo 4 , but i cant click on anything or see any...
  8. How do I fix my xbox game bar not getting invites?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my xbox game bar not getting invites?: I'm on windows 11 and my game bar doesnt receive invites from others. My xbox app does but whenever I try and join through xbox app it just ask me how to open it and doesnt put me in the party. I...
  9. How to fix voice messages not working on Xbox app and Game Bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix voice messages not working on Xbox app and Game Bar?: Whenever my cousin sends me a voice message from his Xbox One, I get notified of it in both the Xbox App and Game Bar. Both recognise it as a voice message but neither allow me to play it. In the...
  10. Anyone know how to fix this on pc game bar?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone know how to fix this on pc game bar?: I’m getting an error whenever I try to join or create a party on Xbox game bar and it makes it so I can’t talk to anyone for longer than like 5 seconds without a long cut out. submitted by...