How to fix update error code 0x800706d9?

Discus and support How to fix update error code 0x800706d9? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I updated hitman 3 and its already 100% but its error and i can't resume or cancel it, if i cancel it will uninstall the game. what should I do?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mersault41, May 12, 2023.

1. Mersault41
    Mersault41 Guest

I updated hitman 3 and its already 100% but its error and i can't resume or cancel it, if i cancel it will uninstall the game. what should I do?

:)

Mersault41, May 12, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hi MERSAULT41, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to update Hitman 3, we can try to solve it but before that please tell me:

Are you on Xbox or PC?
    If you try to install or update something else it works?
    Do you have the game installed on the internal storage if it's an Xbox or the C: drive if it's a PC?
    What procedures you tried to fix this so far?
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

error code 0x800706d9

Hi Schalk P! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

Error code 0x800706d9 is due to issues related to Windows Defender Firewall and Firewall devices that could cause connectivity issues for the Microsoft Store.

Cause/solution:

Error 800706D9 may occur when the Windows Firewall service is disabled/turned off. (or damaged! See the end of this post for that...)
    Windows Update or the tools that throw this error are too integrated with the Firewall service, so they probably cannot work when they are disabled.

Correct, go to Start>Run>services. MSC and navigate to 'Windows Firewall', then right click, > properties and set the setting to 'Automatic' in the drop-down menu. Now press the start button to start the service and apply before closing the options tab.

With ''Tools'' we refer to various Windows applications. For example, another user encountered the error with Child Protection:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-my-son/e92e8d38-f438-46ad-928a-76c71ba069c5

Credits for a user who has helped more than 100 people with this problem, I leave you the post in case you want additional information:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...firewall/bf563f1c-6395-4188-a06a-6b8fcb646970

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. XBF Esteban R Win User

an error occurs with the code 0x800706D9

Hey there Brad!

If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!
  5. Brad Billman Win User

an error occurs with the code 0x800706D9

I get this error when trying to sign in on Sea of Thieves from my Windows 10 device.
  6. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

I get error code 0x800706d9

Hi Kj_389, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I understand that your console throws that error code, I did not find information online regarding that code unfortunately, so with the intention of helping you I am going to suggest performing these steps:

1. Press the Xbox Button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console information.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset console? screen. You will see three options and you must select the one that says reset and keep my games and applications.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Note: This process will not delete anything from your console, it will only fix/restore any corrupted files on the system that are preventing its proper functioning.

Let me know if this information is useful to you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
Thema:

1. How to fix update error code 0x800706d9? - Similar Threads - fix update error

2. Cant factory reset to fix update error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant factory reset to fix update error: Xbox crashed and isn’t working, soft reset and didn't help then now am stuck on an update at 58% and the troubleshooting menu doesn't work per say I press the option to factory reset without and...
  3. Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.: Look I'm going to go left field and say I'm very disappointed with Microsoft and how they're not fixing these major bugs that constantly happen. The main bug I am having and it's been happening...
  4. Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update: Guys I have a question do you know if they're going to add like any more featured updates to the Xbox beta insider program because I have been getting only updates stating for the workaround of...
  5. Xbox One X ( Alpha Skip-Ahead ) Edge crashing on the 4-5 last updates? Fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X ( Alpha Skip-Ahead ) Edge crashing on the 4-5 last updates? Fix?: So i was was a happy insider till like 2-3 weeks ago. Sure, the odd crash here n there, but that is to be expected w Alphas.... But 4 or 5 updates ago something happened to Microsoft Edge,...
  6. how do i fix update x box one s error code 0x8B050084

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix update x box one s error code 0x8B050084: trying to set up x box one s after being reset to factory settings . the above error code appears and i can go no further efbd04e5-5359-4bf6-a199-fe73a71006d9
  7. How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...: My Xbox One console isn't working properly. First I tried to complete an update on EAFC24 which was 3.5GB and it kept freezing and updating for a second or two at a time then freezing for another...
  8. How can I fix the error to update my xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I fix the error to update my xbox?: I am getting error update code 4467-0000-0800-0300-8007-0570 whenever I try doing a system update c7899882-3dc3-45d6-9dc8-4b106167b8b0
  9. How to fix update error Xbox Error codes 0x800705b4 , 0x00000000 and 0x90110005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix update error Xbox Error codes 0x800705b4 , 0x00000000 and 0x90110005: I already wrote the main information 5861cc9c-54a7-491a-a77b-7776ac563bd5
  10. My xbox 360 has got update error how to fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox 360 has got update error how to fix it: My xbox 360 has status code c800-0036 how to fix it 7c5bc637-5bad-481e-b1c2-adbb9a7c3dd8