How to fix remote play on iOS 16?

Discus and support How to fix remote play on iOS 16? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why is it that there’s hundreds of threads on remote play not working with iOS 16 but here we are months after this problem was first brought up and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by a train, Dec 20, 2022.

1. a train
    a train Guest

Why is it that there’s hundreds of threads on remote play not working with iOS 16 but here we are months after this problem was first brought up and Microsoft still has no fix and moderators still giving the same fix answers even though it doesn’t work? None of the hard resets and checking router suggestions work. Call me crazy but when I bought on an iPhone 14 pro max, I kind of expected remote play to work. Is there any actual workaround to this or do the few people who use Apple products just have to accept no remote play and Microsoft sweeping the issue under the rug?

:)

a train, Dec 20, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello, unfortunately there is this problem with remote play on iOS 16, but there is still no solution for it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Georges C. Win User

How to fix remote play with IOS 16 update

Hello again, thanks for the feedback.
  4. TherealMCisback Win User

That is unfortunate. I have tried all the trouble shooting options. I’ve removed the device and reconnected as well as deleted the app and reinstalled it. I even factory reset my network settings on my phone. I guess I’ll just have to wait for an update to the IOS and or the Xbox app. Thanks for responding so quickly
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello TherealMCisback, we have seen some similar occurrences in relation to iOS 16, as it was working properly with 15, the 16 must have come with some bug that is causing this error.

My suggestion in these cases is to try the link procedures below for Remote Play and provide feedback to Apple and the Xbox team.

Troubleshoot remote play gaming

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

Provide feedback to Team Xbox

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  6. IonBlade Win User

Any fix for remote play from IOS 16 not connecting?

No work.

Still can’t remote play on ios16 with 5G data.
    Yup, remote play from any network outside of the network the Xbox is on is currently broken on iOS 16 and has been since iOS 16 beta's initial release.

The Xbox team is aware of it - see Spartycrunch's response at https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-remote-play-is-broken-on-ios-16.652536/

There's a thread on Reddit with dozens of people having the same issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/xpmjdi/issues_with_remote_playxbox_app_on_ios_16/

The reviews on the iOS app on the iOS App Store are filled with people reporting the same, if you sort by most recent reviews.

The steps listed by Dérek will have no effect, as this is a bug in the Xbox app on iOS 16, not an issue with the Xbox or NAT configuration, as evidenced by the fact that Android, iOS 15 and below, and Windows devices will be able to remote play from the same Xbox out of network, but iOS 16 fails for those impacted.

Microsoft has yet to formally acknowledge this in any known issues listings. The best we can hope for is that a fix goes in at some point, versus them continuing to sweep it under the rug.
Thema:

1. How to fix remote play on iOS 16? - Similar Threads - fix remote play

2. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  3. How to fix joystick sensitivity?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix joystick sensitivity?: I play on laptop and I have wired controllers. For the past 2 years at least I have been unable to play my favourite game Minecraft because the update severely messed up the joystick sensitivity....
  4. How to fix iPhone remote control on Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix iPhone remote control on Xbox One?: I have been able to control my Xbox with my iPhone in the past but the Xbox “lost” my console. I tried readding it by following the steps and as far as my console is concerned it is enabled for...
  5. How do i fix remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix remote play: even when on my xbox all the requirements are green checked and when i do, do remote play it takes me to a black screen and im able to hear noise still from my pc ? *Moved from Gaming and Xbox /...
  6. Remote play not working how do I fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play not working how do I fix it?: I'm gonna be gone from home for a couple days but I brought my xbox series s controller so that I could play. I set up remote play before I left and tested it in multiple places around my house to...
  7. How do i fix remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix remote play: even when on my xbox all the requirements are green checked and when i do, do remote play it takes me to a black screen and im able to hear noise still from my pc ?...
  8. Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g...: Joysticks and triggers not working on remote play. How do I fix this? I'm using a 5g OnePlus Nord n200. I've tried 4 different controllers with the same results. Everything works fine until I...
  9. Anyone know how to fix a Xbox remote that won’t respond?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone know how to fix a Xbox remote that won’t respond?: Was running YouTube and now all of a sudden it doesn’t let me select or move anything. Powered it off and everything and it still won’t respond. Tried to re sync it but the console doesn’t pick up...
  10. How do I fix poor resolution and fps when streaming/remote play from XBOX ONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix poor resolution and fps when streaming/remote play from XBOX ONE: I have set up our XBOX ONE to stream on our home network (remote play). Three out of four computers on our network will stream acceptable resolution and fps, based on the PC performance...