how to fix privacy setting problem ?

Discus and support how to fix privacy setting problem ? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; okay so on my child account when i try to get the gift mail in forza horizon , xbox shows me an error telling that a parent has to change your privacy... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by shubh thaker, May 28, 2023.

1. shubh thaker
    shubh thaker Guest

okay so on my child account when i try to get the gift mail in forza horizon , xbox shows me an error telling that a parent has to change your privacy setting , but the thing is i have already put everything on unfiltered and unrestricted , even in privacy setting everything is off , it still shows that message ... if someone can help it would be amazing .

:)

shubh thaker, May 28, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

Sorry to hear that it still didn't work out! I found a post via Forza Horizon game page and what I would suggest since we have tried most of the troubleshooting posted on their page is to try to sign out on every device where you are signed in.

If it still doesn't work, much better for you to submit a ticket via https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar... you will find here the option to submit ticket below. This is to report the issue and see if they can somehow have it fixed and redeemed for your account.

Thanks for updating us about this and I appreciate your patience!
  3. shubh thaker Win User

hey ben , thanks for the solution , but it still shows me that message .
    it does not affect my gaming or anything
    its just that i am not able to get those gifted vehicles of the game ,
    as u said , i changed the age and restarted my console , but it still dosnt allow me to redeem the cars
  4. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community. Hope you are doing well!

With regards to this error message, another thing we can try is to try changing the date of birth of the child account. But before that, since you have tried modifying some of the privacy settings already, I suggest to try closing the game, restart the console/device then try to access Forza Horizon again.

If the same issue persist, let us try to further check on the settings of your child's account. Below are some steps we can try:

1. Using the parent account, go to the https://account.microsoft.com/family page again to manage the child account.

2. Under the child account, click elipsis or 3 dots button and choose the Manage option.

There you may try to change the date of birth of the child and remove any restrictions. After doing this, go to https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Settings/Home next under the "Privacy & online safety" tab and check if the settings on the Xbox one device and Privacy settings tab are still on allowed. If not, try changing it to allowed.

Once done, just restart your console/device again and check if there are still restrictions.

I hope the steps help somehow but feel free to post back in the community if you have further issues and we will try with the best of our knowledge to assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  5. Character Win User

Xbox Privacy settings are jammed!

I had this problem before too. How i fixed it was by setting all my privacy settings to everyone for a day or two. Then i put it back how i originally had it. It seemed to fix the problem for me. Hope it helps you. Goodluck man
  6. Bi9Daddy61 Win User

Need Help! Online Head-to-Head not working!!!

Check to be sure your privacy settings are setup correctly. Had same problem and checking these settings fixed it.
Thema:

1. how to fix privacy setting problem ? - Similar Threads - fix privacy setting

2. Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.: Look I'm going to go left field and say I'm very disappointed with Microsoft and how they're not fixing these major bugs that constantly happen. The main bug I am having and it's been happening...
  3. i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it: i purchase the minecraft at 17/3/2024 than i play it 3 to 4 day than on 23/3/2024 it saying to purchase agen but how can it possible i can not play the minecraft how to fix it in minecraft.net and...
  4. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...
  5. now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?

in XboX Insiders
    now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?: The YouTuber Nick (@GhillieYT) claims he was targeted by this exploit and was falsely b@nned for one year. What can players do to protect themselves against this ? While still unconfirmed by Xbox,...
  6. Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?: Live in apartments, should have at minimum 20 different wifi connections listed, currently have 0. This is an everyday occurance and blaming everybodies routers and isps is getting old. I have...
  7. How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar: I've been getting the error message on Xbox that my mic won't work until I allow Microsoft permissions, but I have turned on every permission told to, and I still cannot get my mic to work. My mic...
  8. How do I fix game bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix game bar?: Hi, every time I use the Xbox Game Bar, specifically Xbox party, it tells me that, "Background Permissions" are turned off. I checked my Windows Settings, and I picked, "allow." I have terminated,...
  9. Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs

in XboX Insiders
    Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs: Hello , so I’ve been having a problem with my mouse stuttering when doing small inputs. I found this article with a lot of views clearly showing people have the same issue. I’ve done everything...
  10. How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing?: When I turn on my Xbox 1, either it takes an hour to load my games and apps to be visible on screen and if I click anything it sends me to a blank screen and freezes, or it just stays blank. When...