How to fix notifications

Discus and support How to fix notifications in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a brand new Xbox series X and I am not receiving notifications from friends like party invites and game invites. Or sometimes they show up some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matthew Lowe BOOM, Mar 28, 2023.

1. How to fix notifications

I have a brand new Xbox series X and I am not receiving notifications from friends like party invites and game invites. Or sometimes they show up some time later. Have changed the settings on this and have restarted, and have completely reset the console back to factory settings and it still happens.

:)

Matthew Lowe BOOM, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Matthew Lowe BOOM Win User

How to fix notifications

Thank you for your reply. I will give this a shot and see what happens. But you're saying this a somewhat of a common problem?
  3. Francia J. Win User

How to fix notifications

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that there are multiple reports in regards to the same issue but there are no official announcement yet from Microsoft which means that we just need to perform troubleshooting steps such as extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

" 1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state."
  4. Francia J. Win User

How to fix notifications

You're welcome and yes, there are multiple tickets with the same concern for the past few days.
  5. Prune Face46 Win User

Notifications

The notification pop-up now now for myself is hit or miss. Sometime it work and other time it doesn't and I don't know how to fix it. I am wondering how this bug is still around and fixed because on February 8 through the 17, the notification worked again.
    Whatever happened to that? The notification system working like it should? I can't stop talking about this problem because I waited for more than 5 months now and my patience is gone.
  6. KJR24 Win User

Achievement notifications not popping up.

I can't believe this still has not been fixed. I've had this issue for 2 years now. Hard resetting fixes it for a day, then the next day it's broken again. On top of achievement notifications, I don't get notifications when a friend comes online or when
    I receive a new message. How do I fix this? Why has this not been patched?
Thema:

How to fix notifications

1. How to fix notifications - Similar Threads - fix notifications

2. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  3. how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network"

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network": My friend and I are trying to play astroneer for the last week, but we found tons of problems with toredo in Windows 11, and now we are stuck with this error "Client on managed network". To be...
  4. How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.: ****This applies to the specific problem I was having in that my 360 consoles suddenly stopped connecting to Xbox Live and giving me this error code. My Series X connected just fine and I could...
  5. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  6. How do i fix “You to sign in to play this game”

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i fix “You to sign in to play this game”: I had started a game on my pc and the microsoft sign up thing popped up so i clicked my account and it and it acted like the game started but there was an error saying you need to sign in to play...
  7. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...
  8. Thank you for fixing the favorited friends notification

in XboX Insiders
    Thank you for fixing the favorited friends notification: Beta build - I dunno if it was a bug or what, but tonight was the first time in months I got a notification for a favorite friend signing on. Thanks for the fix. submitted by /u/anders09...
  9. Has Microsoft finally fixed the friend online status notifications?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has Microsoft finally fixed the friend online status notifications?: Yesterday I saw on the xbox status website that friends and social activity notifications were down and something about Microsoft looking into the problem. I’m hoping and assuming that Xbox...
  10. When are xbox notifications going to be fixed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When are xbox notifications going to be fixed?: For about a week now we get no notifications of favourites signing in either on the xbox or on the app... When is it going to be fixed? eb24898a-b03b-4c8a-9635-16b910bd6084