How to fix my resolution on my series s so I can use my tv?

Discus and support How to fix my resolution on my series s so I can use my tv? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I brought my series s to a different house and hooked it up to a tv with better resolution and had to manually change the resolution because it was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Clayton Whitaker, Feb 22, 2023.

1. How to fix my resolution on my series s so I can use my tv?

I brought my series s to a different house and hooked it up to a tv with better resolution and had to manually change the resolution because it was stuck at 480p. After bringing the series s back home I can't hook it up to the tv I have and I can't connect it to the wifi to cast it to my phone to fix the problem. I tried fully powering it off and then holding the Xbox button and sync button at the same time and I heard the second beep but when I turn the Xbox back on nothing has changed.

:)

Clayton Whitaker, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Clayton! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here. No worries, we will do our best now to get this sorted out.

Have you tried all the suggested steps through this link https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/... ?

Let's also try this.

Check to see if you can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 and 4) and then pressing the Xbox button.

4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.

If you could bring it up, there's an option to reset your Xbox.
  3. Bear Grylls 619 Win User

Best display settings?

I set my 360's resolution to 720p because i feel like games run smoother (my tv's native resolution is 1080p). Now though, a good portion of the screen is cut off and nothing in my tvs picture settings is able to fix that. Is this how it has to be on 720p?
  4. yzMICHAELzy Win User

Xbox Series X Has Failed. It Is Barely More Than A Month Old. What Kind of Garbage Is Microsoft Building?

Resync my TV? I fixed the problem by switching the HDMI input into the tv from one HDMI port to another. How would resolution have anything to do with it? The ports are all the same, with the same resolution. I believe there developed a conflict since
    I am using the provided HDMI 2.1 cable that came with the Xbox Series X, connecting the console to my LG TV with an 2.0 HDMI port. I have the feeling that had something to do with it. My TV is barely more than a year old.
  5. Hoskayra Win User

I’m trying to connect my Xbox series s with an HP w2408h monitor

Hi, Andy my name is Oskayra, and will be a pleasure help you

The issue you're encountering is likely due to a compatibility issue between the native resolution of your Xbox Series S and the maximum resolution supported by your HP w2408h monitor.

The Xbox Series S outputs a native resolution of 1920x1080, which is slightly different from the maximum resolution of 1920x1200 supported by your monitor. This mismatch is causing your monitor to display an "input signal out of range" message.

To resolve this issue, you'll need to adjust the output resolution of your Xbox Series S to match the native resolution of your monitor, which is 1920x1080. Here's how to do it:

On your Xbox Series S, navigate to Settings > General > TV & Audio > Video modes.

Under "Resolution," select "1920x1080" from the available options.

Once you've selected the desired resolution, restart your Xbox Series S.

After restarting, your Xbox Series S should output a resolution that is compatible with your HP w2408h monitor, and the "input signal out of range" message should no longer appear.

If you're still having trouble, you can try the following additional steps:

Ensure that your HDMI cable is properly connected to both your Xbox Series S and your monitor.

Try using a different HDMI cable if the one you're using is old or damaged.

Check for any firmware updates for your monitor.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help,if this works let me know and have a nice day. Oskayra
  6. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox seriesses i geuss

the series s support up to 1440p but to use that resolution you would need a monitor not a tv as most if not all tv's support 1080p or 4k.

series s will upscale to 4k though.
Thema:

1. How to fix my resolution on my series s so I can use my tv? - Similar Threads - fix resolution series

2. How can I fix this..

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I fix this..: My account is unable to view or receive messages. Every other account works, but my main account cant send or see messages, this is happening on all my devices. 334e98ce-7c44-40d7-943e-119aead1c4a3
  3. How do I fix my controller in gamepass pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my controller in gamepass pc?: When playing any games on gamepass on my pc, my controller does not work correctly. It seems as though my controller is fighting with my keyboard for control. Any suggestions?...
  4. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  5. Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...: Hello, I have a lot of saved games and characters on my fallout 4, wanting to get back into it. I’ve been spending hours and hours searching online and trying to find fixes for this issue, I’ve...
  6. how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor: Hello, I’ve been having problems with my display - and I’m not sure what it is. I have a Xbox series s with a 165 hz and 1080p monitor to go with it. I use this setup to play mostly cod at 120 fps...
  7. How to fix xbox one Youtube app videos breaking at low resolution

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix xbox one Youtube app videos breaking at low resolution: This problem is on the xbox one youtube app. It occurs when I watch videos at 360p and under. It is persistant across videos. Reinstalling the app does not fix it. Large pixelated blurs or...
  8. the resolution for hydro thunder hurricane is weird please help and fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the resolution for hydro thunder hurricane is weird please help and fix it: the resolution for hydro thunder hurricane is weird please help and fix it 71b225fd-54d5-46b9-8464-b4f6ac586175
  9. How do I fix my xbox's resolution stuck in 640 x 480

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my xbox's resolution stuck in 640 x 480: After I unplugged and moved my xbox one and the same tv I have been using it with for months, the resolution became stuck in 640x480 and I'm not sure how to fix it because thats the only option it...
  10. How do I fix poor resolution and fps when streaming/remote play from XBOX ONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix poor resolution and fps when streaming/remote play from XBOX ONE: I have set up our XBOX ONE to stream on our home network (remote play). Three out of four computers on our network will stream acceptable resolution and fps, based on the PC performance...