How to fix hard drive issue

Discus and support How to fix hard drive issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I haven’t used my Xbox in maybe two weeks, turn it on today and find that all games from my external hard drive have disappeared, i have checked my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brodie Golden-Kemp, Apr 1, 2023.

1. How to fix hard drive issue

I haven’t used my Xbox in maybe two weeks, turn it on today and find that all games from my external hard drive have disappeared, i have checked my connection to the hard drive and it’s fine, restarted the console, and nothing. Then I swapped the USB ports and restarted it, nothing. I know the hard drive is connected and working cus I can hear it working when it’s plugged in and then stop when i unplug it. What kind of issues am I looking at and what can I do to fix this? I’ve tried resetting the console (using the option to keep games) and this hasn’t helped, checked internet connection and neither had this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Brodie Golden-Kemp, Apr 1, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Brodie, in these cases, there may have been an error on the HD, the ideal thing is to connect it to a PC and check the integrity of the disk.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 Slim will not recognize 250G HDD! ..again.

I'm sorry to say it but formatting your hard drive again will not fix the issue you are having. If your hard drive keeps showing as unformatted then it has developed a hardware issue and there is no way to fix this problem in the long term. Even if you
    manage to get it work again, I guarantee it will stop working again soon after. You will have to buy a new hard drive I'm afraid.

These issues often occur when users purchase third party non official Xbox 360 hard drives from private sellers on eBay, Amazon etc. These cheap drives are not approved by Microsoft. There is no guarantee how long they will last, or if they were even 'new'
    in the first place. For optimum performance and to prevent these types of issues, it is recommended that you only buy hard drives made by Microsoft.
  4. Shaeman111 Win User

My console has 1 flashing red light. E 68

how to fix a hard drive....hmmm :/
  5. KeepingitReal3 Win User

Civilization 6 crashing on Xbox series S

There is a possibility that there is either a connection issue with your external hard drive or somehow the external drive is corrupted. One possible solution is to uninstall the game and then reinstall the game. Try installing the game on only the internal Xbox hard drive to see if that fixes the problem. Also, try launching other games on your external hard drive to see if how those games are functioning normally.
  6. Dr Parabola Win User

Game freeze every time after exiting map editor

I found out how to fix the issue. I installed the game to my hard drive and that seemed to fix the game from freezing after exiting map editor. Bad for people who don't have enough har drive space though.
Thema:

1. How to fix hard drive issue - Similar Threads - fix hard drive

2. How can I fix my external hard drive from interfering with all of my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my external hard drive from interfering with all of my games?: Everytime I would start my game it says it took to long to start. But when I disconnect my hard drive, it would work perfectly. Also whenever I try to install any games the download speed would...
  3. How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S?: So I got a Seagate External Hard drive in January this year and it’s now starting to just completely shut down my Xbox Series S. I checked another question like this and I’ve tried all the...
  4. How do I fix error code 0x80070057 when there is clearly enough space on my hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix error code 0x80070057 when there is clearly enough space on my hard drive?: For the past few months, I have been trying to redownload Sea of Thieves onto my PC, but with no avail. I have been trying to download it onto my (D:) drive which, at this time, has >320 GB...
  5. External hard drive not showing up in Xbox Gamepass app (PC) it is 2020 can Microsoft fix...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External hard drive not showing up in Xbox Gamepass app (PC) it is 2020 can Microsoft fix...: External hard drive not showing up in Xbox Gamepass app (PC) it is 2020 can Microsoft fix this problem 55c3be13-3935-4691-a0ae-6224cc9fdbc6
  6. How to fix external hard drive error 0x80bd003c when trying to set as capture location.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix external hard drive error 0x80bd003c when trying to set as capture location.: I recently bought a Seagate Firecuda gaming hub and was attempting to use it as a capture location but it was not working correctly. I saw a few other posts on this issue but none of them were...
  7. How do you fix external hard drive problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix external hard drive problem?: When i connect my external hard drive into my xbox it shows up the hard drive to connect it then it keeps disconnect and reconnecting my controller. Also it kicks me out of my wifi to where i cant...
  8. New dashboard update. Fingers crossed for the hard drive fix.

in XboX Insiders
    New dashboard update. Fingers crossed for the hard drive fix.: Will report back when it’s finished downloading and I plugged it back in. submitted by /u/catsnbikess [link] [comments]
  9. Fix for Partition on external hard drive destroyed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fix for Partition on external hard drive destroyed: Information for all the people who have their usb external disk (format for xbox one games) overwrite, then unrecognized after an update. the solution to this problem for me was to make all the...
  10. my xbox 360 console is unable to update from its hard drive how can i fix it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 360 console is unable to update from its hard drive how can i fix it.: i keep getting status code 3080 3cd6 2800 0f00 c000 0034 on my xbox 360 console it is updating from the hard drive but it is not reading the disk what are my options please....