How to fix error ox87e00017 and failure during Forza 5 install on PC

Discus and support How to fix error ox87e00017 and failure during Forza 5 install on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Purchased Forza 5 for PC and while game shows in library, it will not install. Repeatedly seeing error ox87e00017. I've tried uninstalling Xbox app and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kevatron3000, Mar 30, 2023.

1. kevatron3000
    kevatron3000 Guest

Purchased Forza 5 for PC and while game shows in library, it will not install. Repeatedly seeing error ox87e00017. I've tried uninstalling Xbox app and Gaming Services, also tried repair and reset options.

:)

kevatron3000, Mar 30, 2023
  2. kevatron3000 Win User

The specs aren't the issue, but I'll paste them below. I have tried everything I can think of. I even reinstalled Windows 11. This is why I avoided buying the game for so long in the first place. It's so frustrating.

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

Processor: AMD RYZEN 7 SERIES 3700X TRAY

Processor Cooling: (BLK) 240MM ADDRESSABLE RGB LIQUID COOLER

RAM: [DDR4] G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 16GB DDR4-3200 SINGLE (SILVER) (x2)

SSD: [M.2] 1TB WD BLUE SN550 3D PCIE NVME SSD

HDD: SEAGATE 2TB BARRACUDA 7200RPM HARD DRIVE

Graphics Card: MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 2X OC 8G VIDEO CARD
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

Thanks for trying the steps! Kindly also delete all files in C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache, and then reboot your pc.

This will only rescan all your downloaded files in just a few minutes then will let you launch the game.

After that, set up your installation drive again, press the Windows Key + I to open Settings. Click System > Storage. On Windows 10, underneath the More storage settings heading, click Change where new content is saved.

To change the default drive for new apps, use the New apps will save to dropdown. On the Xbox app, click the profile menu in the top-right and select the Settings options. Click on General. Under the “Game install options” section, select the drive to install games by default.
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, kevatron3000! I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Are you also getting that same error when trying to install it on MS store? Kindly open the Microsoft Store, then click on the profile picture in the top right corner. A pop-up box will appear allowing you to sign out then once signed out, kindly sign in again using the account that has the game and should then try it from there.

If that did nor work, open File Explorer using the Windows key + E shortcut.

In the address bar paste the following line:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

If there are Accounts and Cache folders available make sure that you delete them. After removing the cache, try to start the Xbox app again.
  5. kevatron3000 Win User

Well, I seemed to have found a solution. At least the installation has begun. When I replaced my Motherboard and reinstalled Windows, the WindowsApps folder on my D drive was seen by windows as "apps installed by another device." I renamed that folder after going through the steps of taking control of it, and renamed it. After that, I could change the system "save new apps" default to my D drive. Now it has commenced. What I don't get is why the game would not save to C drive. I wiped my C drive when I installed the new MB, so no such old WindowsApps folder existed. Perplexing. Regardless, we'll see if this installation completes.
  6. kevatron3000 Win User

Hi Kim!

Thaks for the reply. It started, but it failed. This is the new error code: 0x803FB107

I have some concerns about installing from the store because I did not get a choice of which drive to install it on. It would likely go on my C drive by default, and I don't like having anything there outside my OS and other key apps.

However, since it failed, I don't suppose it matters. Color me frustrated.

Thanks for trying to help.
Thema:

1. How to fix error ox87e00017 and failure during Forza 5 install on PC - Similar Threads - fix error ox87e00017

2. Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?: I was playing and recording clips for dark souls 3 bosses on a Sandusky 128gb 3.0 usb for the past two days. It was going fine until I got to a certain boss and went to record a clip. I pressed...
  3. Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it: Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it a373a5aa-3c70-444c-bc71-383a9b2174b6
  4. how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network"

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network": My friend and I are trying to play astroneer for the last week, but we found tons of problems with toredo in Windows 11, and now we are stuck with this error "Client on managed network". To be...
  5. How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.: ****This applies to the specific problem I was having in that my 360 consoles suddenly stopped connecting to Xbox Live and giving me this error code. My Series X connected just fine and I could...
  6. how do I fix error code 0x8007041d

in XBoX on Windows
    how do I fix error code 0x8007041d: I am getting this code every time I use the Xbox App on my PC and its trying to update the app I think?? Can't use the app coz of this. Please help!! 449d8cf8-9ed1-4b4c-a404-64f03590ccf1
  7. Cant factory reset to fix update error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant factory reset to fix update error: Xbox crashed and isn’t working, soft reset and didn't help then now am stuck on an update at 58% and the troubleshooting menu doesn't work per say I press the option to factory reset without and...
  8. How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S: This is an internet I have connected to before, and now it is giving me the following error message; “ Your security protocol won't work This console supports WPA2/WPA3 (personal), WA/WPA2...
  9. How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?: I have been dealing with an mysterious and irritating input delay with my Xboxes for the past 3 years. I do not know what else to do to fix this issue. I have literally gone through EVERY...
  10. how to fix error code 0x8027025a

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix error code 0x8027025a: everytime i try playing my external storage games this code always pops up and it starts bugging my xbox and its literally unplayable 52eafcc1-2bc1-4132-8c26-275d9030b71f