How to fix error code 0xc0000005 in game forza horizon 5

Discus and support How to fix error code 0xc0000005 in game forza horizon 5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; 3 weeks ago I played the game Forza Horizon 5 smoothly until the next day, May 14, 2023, suddenly the game when click start stuck loading please wait... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Harry Gurning, May 30, 2023.

1. How to fix error code 0xc0000005 in game forza horizon 5

3 weeks ago I played the game Forza Horizon 5 smoothly until the next day, May 14, 2023, suddenly the game when click start stuck loading please wait then crash until now, my windows 11 all latest update and my component hardware all normally and up to date, other game from microsoft store like minecraft play normally, from Steam, EA, Epic, Ubisoft all normally, only Forza Horizon 5 can't play always crash with error code 0xc0000005 in my eventviewer. I have asked 3 times to forza support and they suggested asking microsoft support. I have done all the methods from re-downloading the game 3 times, repair windows 11, sfc scannow, verified and reset the game, store, all doesn't work. What else can I do to get back to playing this game smoothly ?

:)

Harry Gurning, May 30, 2023
  2. Harry Gurning Win User

My Forza Horizon 5 when click start always stuck loading please wait the crash

My same problem seem like here : https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/sxpq0b/forza_horizon_5_crashes_with_error_0xc0000005/

Here : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-5-game-crashing-with-error-code/f3414b53-a318-456a-a826-397f7706bb5a

Here : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/forza-horizon-5-crashing-code-0xc0000005/9eee6345-4411-4598-82a0-ce4e2450a691

I've tried doing everything on the link you provided, but the game still doesn't work. Code error 0xc0000005 always in eventviewer.
  3. AzoraHusky Win User

Games are crashing after a power failure. (Solved)

I was playing Forza Horizon 4, and it seems to crash a lot sooner for some reason, with the same error code 0xc0000005. It seems what I did, didn't fix the problem.
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi Harry Gurning,

Thank you for reaching out to the forums. Sorry to hear your game will not start. It will stick until it crashes on your PC.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps that will hopefully help with your situation.

1: Make sure you do not have other programs like

Anti-virus

Firewall

PC Optimizers

Blocking your game from running properly. Try turning them off before trying to run the game again.

2. When your Xbox app isn't working, you can try resetting the Xbox app to solve the problem. Here are the detailed steps.

Press Win+I to open Windows Settings.

Select the Apps category. Make sure Apps & features are selected in the left pane. In the right pane, input Xbox in the search box.

In the following window, select the Reset button. Then check if the Xbox works appropriately.

3. Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

To run the troubleshooter on Windows 10:

Press the Search button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

Select Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters.

Select Windows Store Apps > Run the troubleshooter.

4. Unplug any non-required external device

You may have other devices plugged into your computer (such as a webcam, external hard drive, card reader, or USB drive). Each of these devices draws power from the PC, which could cause the power supply to run in an underpowered state. If your power supply cannot keep up with the demands of your PC, your PC can freeze up

5: Troubleshoot game installations on a Windows device Then scroll down to Still having problem and follow the steps to reinstall the game services

6: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files (microsoft.com) If some Windows functions aren't working or Windows crashes, use the System File Checker to scan Windows and restore your files.

Hopefully one of those helps with your situation.

Here are additional troubleshooting tips on this article: Troubleshoot gameplay, performance, and stability issues on a Windows device | Xbox Support

Forza support also has an article in which you can try the steps: My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hello Harry Gurning,

Thak you for your reply.

Based on additional research, error code 0xc0000005 denotes to memory access violation which can be fixed with the following steps.

• Update your graphics card driver.
    • Run the game as an administrator.
    • Disable antivirus software temporarily.
    • Verify the integrity of game files.
    • Reinstall the game.

Some factors to consider are.

• Check if the game was installed on your Xbox and it is updated.
    • Active Xbox Live Gold subscription to play Forza 5 online.
    • Update System Drivers and Graphics to latest version

Check on this post as the author of this article fixes the same issue. Forza horizon 5 Exception code: 0xc0000005 - Microsoft Community

"open the searchbar (🔎) and type in cmd

then open it with ctrl+shift+enter so it'll open in admin-mode.

It should look like this:"

• Creating a new Windows Profile.

In your case, you can play it with your new account, but your friends list is empty. Can you try uninstalling/reinstalling your main Xbox profile and see if this could help?

We are looking forward to your response.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello Harry Gurning,

I'm so glad to hear that you solve the problem and highly appreciate it for sharing with us here the steps on how you were able to resolve the issue. By so doing, it would benefit most of our community members having the same issue.

Moving forward if you have any concerns regarding gaming on Xbox, please feel free to post here in the community and we are more than happy to help you and assist you to the best that we can.

Thank you and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. How to fix error code 0xc0000005 in game forza horizon 5 - Similar Threads - fix error code

2. Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it: Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it a373a5aa-3c70-444c-bc71-383a9b2174b6
  3. How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.: ****This applies to the specific problem I was having in that my 360 consoles suddenly stopped connecting to Xbox Live and giving me this error code. My Series X connected just fine and I could...
  4. how do I fix error code 0x8007041d

in XBoX on Windows
    how do I fix error code 0x8007041d: I am getting this code every time I use the Xbox App on my PC and its trying to update the app I think?? Can't use the app coz of this. Please help!! 449d8cf8-9ed1-4b4c-a404-64f03590ccf1
  5. how to fix error code 0x8027025a

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix error code 0x8027025a: everytime i try playing my external storage games this code always pops up and it starts bugging my xbox and its literally unplayable 52eafcc1-2bc1-4132-8c26-275d9030b71f
  6. How do i fix error code 0x80070002.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix error code 0x80070002.: When i try to download a game or an app from xbox app/microsoft store there is always the error 0x80070002. I had this for a couple of months and it does not fix itself. I would really like to...
  7. Can I fix error code 0x82323002 with out resetting or restarting my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I fix error code 0x82323002 with out resetting or restarting my xbox: I need help, everytime i try to clip a video or record a video i get a error code (0x82323002) and i don't know what it is. I found that someone asked this same question and they got a answer so I...
  8. how to fix error code 0x80073d0f

in XBoX on Windows
    how to fix error code 0x80073d0f: So, this my first time getting an error message. I've tried a full shutdown and restarting but it still says Try launching again shortly if home still won't try reinstalling it should fix the...
  9. how do i fix update x box one s error code 0x8B050084

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix update x box one s error code 0x8B050084: trying to set up x box one s after being reset to factory settings . the above error code appears and i can go no further efbd04e5-5359-4bf6-a199-fe73a71006d9
  10. how to fix xbox error code 0x80040905?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to fix xbox error code 0x80040905?: when i tried to install the xbox app for windows 11 this error code came up. 8d92726f-ea80-493a-9b9c-582f053441e7