How to fix Error code: (0x8007042b) on MSFS StartUp

Discus and support How to fix Error code: (0x8007042b) on MSFS StartUp in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So every time my game updates it always throws 0x8007042b that error message at me and never ever launches. It only happens to msfs which is annoying... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PhotonNitro, May 26, 2023.

1. PhotonNitro
    PhotonNitro Guest

So every time my game updates it always throws 0x8007042b that error message at me and never ever launches. It only happens to msfs which is annoying as the only fix I've found is to reinstall the whole game which takes forever, Is there any form of fix for this as i have reinstalled my whole game roughly 10 times now and I'm just getting tired of it throwing this error message at me and ruining the fun of the game. I currently don't have any screenshots of the error message and cant provide one as of writing as I'm reinstalling the whole game again.

:)

PhotonNitro, May 26, 2023
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Hello,

What Windows version and OS Build are you currently on? Press the Windows key +R, type winver in the Open box, then select OK, or go to Settings > System > About for more detailed info with your PC specs.

Are you experiencing this issue with the Steam version or the Microsoft/Xbox version? If you’re launching the game through Steam, you should contact Steam Support

Regardless of the above, as the specific error only affects MSFS 2020, it would be best to contact the game developer to properly address this.

Submit a request to MSFS Support and select ‘I need technical support’ and ‘I’m experiencing CTDs/Crashing issues’ under the issue/reason for support. Be sure to include as much detailed info as possible and reference the 0x8007042b error code. Additionally, share any relevant crash event logs.

You may also want to post on the official MSFS Community Forums and perhaps reach out to the support team on Twitter @MSFS_Support / @AsoboStudio - they both accept DMs.

Hope this helps.
  3. Christian Quinto Win User

4. Rolepl4y Guy Win User

Hey Christian,

Ye I tried to explain and step by step as much as I could from what I've seen and had a problem with as well before and some steps from people that had the same issue, anyways nice to meet you ✌🏻♥️

Brian O.
  5. Rolepl4y Guy Win User

Heya Nitro,

.My names is Brian I'm an Xbox ambassador and I will try my best to share with you more info and methods to try and fix this...

This was posted and instructed by Lucas Lauer (independent advisor)

.First let's completely clean your Xbox App and Microsoft store cache and your accounts cache. The steps below are similar to what you probably already have done:

- Uninstall Flight Simulator just as a test.

- Completely uninstall Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you have it). Use their own uninstaller (just search for Xbox on Windows Start and click on uninstall).

- After uninstalling, go to Start > Type PowerShell > Right click it and select “Run As Administrator” > Type the following command and press Enter (you can run one at a time):
    Get-AppxPackage Xbox | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.GamingServices | Remove-AppxPackage –allusers
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

(If you receive an error when executing any of these commands, don't bother. Just follow the other steps here)..

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete the folders "GamingServices", "GamingServices.net" and "xinputhid" (if they're still there).

- Click on Start > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove.

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Also delete Microsoft Store local cache files at:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Fix it.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Game Mode > Set if OFF.

- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

- Press the Windows Key + R. Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.

- Restart Windows.

- If you're using a proxy, please stop using it for now:
    - Press Windows Key + R. Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings. Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box. Click Ok.

- Please check if Date and Time is set correct. Uncheck "Set the time automatically", do it manually.

- Run PowerShell as an Administrator again and run the command:
    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt. Make sure you are signed in on the Microsoft Store with the correct Microsoft Account.

- Finally, install Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you had it) again. Open it and login to the correct Microsoft/Xbox account. If you are on the Xbox Insiders program, click on the profile image and navigate to the settings menu. Head over to the General sub-menu in the Settings menu. Uncheck the “Use advanced installation and management features” option. If this option was checked, please restart your computer.

- Try to install the game that you uninstalled on the first step. See if it works and please let me know. If it does not work, I'd suggest you to create another local account on Windows and install the game there.

. If that didn't work then I recommend contacting live support and try there:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Brian O.
  6. OpticRJames Win User

How do i fix error code 0x8007042b on MSFS Launch?

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Reset the Gaming Services app and Microsoft Simulator.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the reset button, do the same for Microsoft Simulator, restart your computer after that, and try launching the game to see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to launch the game again.

Solution 3: Please make sure all the updates for Windows are installed by going to Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
Thema:

1. How to fix Error code: (0x8007042b) on MSFS StartUp - Similar Threads - fix Error code

2. Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it: Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it a373a5aa-3c70-444c-bc71-383a9b2174b6
  3. How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.: ****This applies to the specific problem I was having in that my 360 consoles suddenly stopped connecting to Xbox Live and giving me this error code. My Series X connected just fine and I could...
  4. how do I fix error code 0x8007041d

in XBoX on Windows
    how do I fix error code 0x8007041d: I am getting this code every time I use the Xbox App on my PC and its trying to update the app I think?? Can't use the app coz of this. Please help!! 449d8cf8-9ed1-4b4c-a404-64f03590ccf1
  5. how to fix error code 0x8027025a

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix error code 0x8027025a: everytime i try playing my external storage games this code always pops up and it starts bugging my xbox and its literally unplayable 52eafcc1-2bc1-4132-8c26-275d9030b71f
  6. How do i fix error code 0x80070002.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix error code 0x80070002.: When i try to download a game or an app from xbox app/microsoft store there is always the error 0x80070002. I had this for a couple of months and it does not fix itself. I would really like to...
  7. Can I fix error code 0x82323002 with out resetting or restarting my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I fix error code 0x82323002 with out resetting or restarting my xbox: I need help, everytime i try to clip a video or record a video i get a error code (0x82323002) and i don't know what it is. I found that someone asked this same question and they got a answer so I...
  8. how to fix error code 0x80073d0f

in XBoX on Windows
    how to fix error code 0x80073d0f: So, this my first time getting an error message. I've tried a full shutdown and restarting but it still says Try launching again shortly if home still won't try reinstalling it should fix the...
  9. how do i fix update x box one s error code 0x8B050084

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix update x box one s error code 0x8B050084: trying to set up x box one s after being reset to factory settings . the above error code appears and i can go no further efbd04e5-5359-4bf6-a199-fe73a71006d9
  10. how to fix xbox error code 0x80040905?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to fix xbox error code 0x80040905?: when i tried to install the xbox app for windows 11 this error code came up. 8d92726f-ea80-493a-9b9c-582f053441e7