How to fix error 0x87e50005

Discus and support How to fix error 0x87e50005 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How to fix error 0x87e50005, it says it needs to read the license from the disc and the disc is in and in perfect condition... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Michael Klassen1, May 27, 2023.

1. How to fix error 0x87e50005

How to fix error 0x87e50005, it says it needs to read the license from the disc and the disc is in and in perfect condition

:)

Michael Klassen1, May 27, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Glad to help! If you don't have any more questions and have a moment to rate my support I'd appreciate it :)
  3. Michael Klassen1 Win User

Thanks that seems to have worked
  4. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Michael ! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Try clearing your local saved games first

Eject the disc from your console.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage devices.

Select Clear local saved games.

Note Selecting this option will not delete any games or progress you have saved in the Xbox cloud. It will only clear data you have saved locally.

Select Yes to confirm.

Once your console restarts, try installing the game again.
  5. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Error 0x87e50005

Hi Jack! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox One console. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

I just want to confirm when you mentioned resetting do you mean a power cycle, is that correct?

Also, are you unable to launch disc games, digital games, or all of your games?

If yes, kindly try to perform a factory reset keep my games and apps. Here's how:

Note: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options. Be sure to choose the Reset and keep my games & apps option so that you don’t lose any of your games and apps.

This will also help sync the data on your console properly. Once you're done, try to check if you will be able to launch your games on your console.

However if you mean that you have already performed a factory reset yet the issue still persists, I highly suggest you perform an offline system update.

To use the Offline System Update, you'll need:

A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port.
    A USB flash drive with a minimum 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS.

Please check this link for more detailed instructions on how to perform an Offline System Update:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  6. Georges C. Win User

How to fix error

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Tuấn, are you playing on Pc, what would be your operating system, Win 10 or 11?

Have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2?

See which version of Windows 10/11 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
Thema:

1. How to fix error 0x87e50005 - Similar Threads - fix error 0x87e50005

2. Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?: I was playing and recording clips for dark souls 3 bosses on a Sandusky 128gb 3.0 usb for the past two days. It was going fine until I got to a certain boss and went to record a clip. I pressed...
  3. Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it: Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it a373a5aa-3c70-444c-bc71-383a9b2174b6
  4. how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network"

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network": My friend and I are trying to play astroneer for the last week, but we found tons of problems with toredo in Windows 11, and now we are stuck with this error "Client on managed network". To be...
  5. How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.: ****This applies to the specific problem I was having in that my 360 consoles suddenly stopped connecting to Xbox Live and giving me this error code. My Series X connected just fine and I could...
  6. how do I fix error code 0x8007041d

in XBoX on Windows
    how do I fix error code 0x8007041d: I am getting this code every time I use the Xbox App on my PC and its trying to update the app I think?? Can't use the app coz of this. Please help!! 449d8cf8-9ed1-4b4c-a404-64f03590ccf1
  7. Cant factory reset to fix update error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant factory reset to fix update error: Xbox crashed and isn’t working, soft reset and didn't help then now am stuck on an update at 58% and the troubleshooting menu doesn't work per say I press the option to factory reset without and...
  8. How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S: This is an internet I have connected to before, and now it is giving me the following error message; “ Your security protocol won't work This console supports WPA2/WPA3 (personal), WA/WPA2...
  9. How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?: I have been dealing with an mysterious and irritating input delay with my Xboxes for the past 3 years. I do not know what else to do to fix this issue. I have literally gone through EVERY...
  10. how to fix error code 0x8027025a

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix error code 0x8027025a: everytime i try playing my external storage games this code always pops up and it starts bugging my xbox and its literally unplayable 52eafcc1-2bc1-4132-8c26-275d9030b71f