How to fix corrupted file?

Discus and support How to fix corrupted file? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried downloading the new apex legends update and was instantly greeted with 'installation stopped' I found out the file was corrupted and did... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Finnan Bell, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Finnan Bell
    Finnan Bell Guest

I tried downloading the new apex legends update and was instantly greeted with 'installation stopped' I found out the file was corrupted and did everything I saw on the internet to fix it:

Cleared the save data

Hard reset my xbox

Copied the file

Power cycle my xbox

Downloaded and redownloaded the game

It seems that when copying the file it stops at 800mb that's where the problem is I guess

:)

Finnan Bell, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Ermagerd I8u Win User

File Corrupted

I know how to fix a corrupted profile but not corrupted games
  3. AydenHendricks Win User

Error 80151901 when trying to bridge connection to my xbox from pc

How can I fix the corrupted file?
  4. Miss Portia Win User

Disc Read error on MW3

Interesting - thanks for the update! Let us know how it goes with those corrupted files fixed. :)
  5. VENOM MDK Win User

HDD Corrupted for One Game? How to fix?

I think you will if you reformat your drive. If you buy a new/used you will be able to transfer your items the old HDD to the new one.
  6. VENOM MDK Win User

HDD Corrupted for One Game? How to fix?

Not sure why is just BF3 unless it was a corrupted game but we determined it was not.

Is the game installed on the HDD or are you playing from the disc?
Thema:

1. How to fix corrupted file? - Similar Threads - fix corrupted file

2. i cant install a game because it says the file is corrupt but its on gamepass how do i fix it

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant install a game because it says the file is corrupt but its on gamepass how do i fix it: im trying to installl a game through game pass but it wont work and says file is corrupt how do i fix the install 6cb54b22-e284-4d18-beda-6917875c971c
  3. I have a corrupted file with Minecraft how can I go along and fix it it won't let me play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a corrupted file with Minecraft how can I go along and fix it it won't let me play...: Minecraft won't let me play if I play another game and I have to get off my Xbox for a couple hours or to even work or let me hit play so I don't know if it's a corrupted file or what so I just...
  4. The new update for one of my games is corrupt an i tried everything to fix this problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The new update for one of my games is corrupt an i tried everything to fix this problem.: I went on my games and apps and my game didnt want to download so i hard reset and that didnt work then i deleted it and the saved data and also didnt work. This is not the first game to do this...
  5. How do I fix when it says that my game is corrupted after I install it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix when it says that my game is corrupted after I install it: I was updating Mw2 while I was at school and when I got home, it was done so I tried to load it up and first it said getting your game ready so I hit close then it said sorry we can't launch this...
  6. how do you fix data corrupt reason sheppard-finthen cod mw2 xbox 1

in XBoX on Windows
    how do you fix data corrupt reason sheppard-finthen cod mw2 xbox 1: what are the steps to take when error message comes up, data is corrupt , must reset rank and unlocks to continue; reason sheppard-finthen for cod mw2 xbox 1 4d7eb798-1d77-436f-9be7-8354c3d19dd0
  7. my fortnite wont intall keep getting game corrupted how can i fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    my fortnite wont intall keep getting game corrupted how can i fix it?: Need help game wont intall and i have space 960b058a-421b-4e09-997e-2c020440ca6a
  8. How do I fix or replace Corrupt Files on Modern Warfare

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix or replace Corrupt Files on Modern Warfare: I have an XBOX Series X. I did the necessary updates in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Then the game started crashing as I'd try and play "Ground War". I will get the same general error messages...
  9. Saints Row IV Xbox One How Do I Fix A Corrupted Save File (Please Help)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saints Row IV Xbox One How Do I Fix A Corrupted Save File (Please Help): I started playing Saints Row IV and i got really far, but after I took a screenshot of something my game froze. So I went to the dashboard and quit Saints Row IV, and I loaded it back up and tried...
  10. i have the prefect solution to fix corrupted save files for good in games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have the prefect solution to fix corrupted save files for good in games: there has been problems with save files getting corrupted on people and they have to start a game from the very beginning. all games (especially on the xbox one) only have one auto save slot. my...