How to fix constant connection issues to games

Discus and support How to fix constant connection issues to games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For at least a year, many games, excluding some very few exceptions, have gradually given me constant "unable to connect" issues over time. Most games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Biscuit BillBeanson, Mar 19, 2023.

1. How to fix constant connection issues to games

For at least a year, many games, excluding some very few exceptions, have gradually given me constant "unable to connect" issues over time. Most games that I try to play will never fail to give me "unable to connect" errors in their main menus when I load them up. I have a stable internet connection, have purchased Gamepass Ultimate, and have no problems with any other online service. It seems to only occur to online multiplayer-based games, and seems to have spread across different ones over time, including stopping me from playing some that I used to play very heavily. I own an Xbox One S, which I have heavily restarted countless times, and still haven't found a solution.

:)

Biscuit BillBeanson, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

I appreciate your effort. For us to further isolate the issue, try to connect or use a different network connection. You could use your mobile hotspot instead if possible.

On the other hand, I advise you to setup port forwarding on your router. You may need to reach out to your Internet Service Provider or ISP to help you configure it.
    Check this link for your reference: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. Biscuit BillBeanson Win User

My network connection and multiplayer connection say "all good!", and my NAT type is Open. I reset my router, which seemed to fix the issue for only one game that I tried, but every other game still gave me connection errors. Thanks for the help though.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about the issue. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. Let's do our best to get this sorted out.

First, let's test your network connection from your console.
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    Select Test network connection.
    Please also test your NAT type and multiplayer.

Let me know about the results.

I suggest that you also reset your router. Unplug it for at least a minute before turning it back on. Please consider performing a factory reset on your router as well to reser and refresh its configuration.

Please check more troubleshooting steps here for your network issue.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

Ubisoft servers and trials fusion?

My one complaint about Ubisoft games is the constant connection you need to Uplay. If you are experiencing issues connecting to Uplay you need to open a Support Ticket with Ubisoft Support. They should be able to fix any issue for you.
  6. JMD2471 Win User

So, two updates in two days and...

What they really need to fix is the annoying lag, the constant problems joining as a clan, and the ever annoying connection issues to their servers.
Thema:

1. How to fix constant connection issues to games - Similar Threads - fix constant connection

2. How do I fix my controller in gamepass pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my controller in gamepass pc?: When playing any games on gamepass on my pc, my controller does not work correctly. It seems as though my controller is fighting with my keyboard for control. Any suggestions?...
  3. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  4. How do i fix my installation constantly stopping on its own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i fix my installation constantly stopping on its own: Both digital and disc games constantly stop installing by themselves, how do i fix it? 8fb9ba1a-e251-41c2-8464-def4903949d1
  5. My xbox series x constantly says I'm playing a game, even when the console is off. Any fixes?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x constantly says I'm playing a game, even when the console is off. Any fixes?: So the issue came up today and I only noticed it when someone in my party chat spotted that it said I was on one game although I was infact on another. Earlier on I was playing skate 2, an xbox...
  6. How to fix a constant "jittering" of xbox dashboard?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix a constant "jittering" of xbox dashboard?: When in the home screen, the outline of any game or app selection is constantly flashing/jittering as if im spamming the A button to open it-any dropdown menus(like the game filters in the...
  7. Is there anyway to fix my Xbox One? Constant startup errors

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway to fix my Xbox One? Constant startup errors: Hi, My Xbox One gets constant startup errors (101, 102, 105 and so on). No matter what I do (force close, disconnect cables) it always shows the "something went wrong" page. I can click on the...
  8. Please fix the constant disconnection of controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please fix the constant disconnection of controllers: My xbox controller keeps disconnecting anf then wont reconnect unless i restart the whole system. That's not an answer, that requires you to constantly restart mid game and etc. Add to the fact...
  9. Power brick shows constant orange light. Is it a easy fix or time to replace?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power brick shows constant orange light. Is it a easy fix or time to replace?: Jutst tried to turn my xbox on and got nothing noticed the power brick has a constant orange light tried unplugging it for 10 seconds with same results what can i do?...
  10. Constant controller disconnects, unable to fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant controller disconnects, unable to fix: I have already had my Xbox One replaced once, after it essentially bricked. The new one, since I've gotten it, has sporadic but constant controller disconnects. There seems to be no rhyme or...