How to fix an Xbox One (1st gen) Overheating problem?

Discus and support How to fix an Xbox One (1st gen) Overheating problem? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got a for-repair Xbox One today (first gen) very cheap off FB Marketplace. It powers up and plays the games however the Xbox case seems to get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iKokomo, Aug 22, 2020.

1. iKokomo
    iKokomo Guest

I just got a for-repair Xbox One today (first gen) very cheap off FB Marketplace. It powers up and plays the games however the Xbox case seems to get extremely hot (infrared thermometer shows 134F and rising before I shut it down). The large fan does seem
    to spin but it never shifts into a higher speed as it gets hotter.

When I pulled this unit apart it seems like there was some liquid spill over the fan as there was some sticky residue on the heat sink below it. I am not sure if the fan is semi-bad (so I need to replace it), or some liquid got on the CPU/GPU so I need
    to reapply thermal paste.

Again, even with a seemingly bad spill on the CPU//GPU area over the fan, it seems to function as it should minus the overheating problem.

I was wondering how I can fix this up? How to fix an Xbox One (1st gen) Overheating problem? :)

:)

iKokomo, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Forum Guidelines

23) Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the 'Terms Of Use'. Including any threads or posts regarding modifying the way your Xbox operates such 'modding' and/or 'chipping'
    your Xbox or otherwise altering the way it is intended to operate. This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com.
  3. IIINKEDD Win User

Black ops 4 (xbox one x)

Well i do one another xbox one 1st gen ...and i gameshare on that xbox and black ops gives that one no problem,
  4. Bursted4Days Win User

Xbox One automatically shuts off after 30 seconds to a minute

Ok yeah then that makes sense. I used to have one of the 1st Gen XOne console and ran into the same issue. I ended up getting the Gears 4 Collectors and never had that issue again. I think that console was Gen 2 if I'm not mistaken, I also have an XOneX and haven't had that issue either. More than likely it was just a 1st Gen problem, sometimes 1st Gen systems have issues, but you never know for certain if you are gonna end up with one.
  5. ODST343 Win User

Who still play on the Original Xbox one?

i still have the 1st gen xbox one and it is running strong
  6. jasonlister Win User

Surround sound **** box 360?

I have an xbox 360 elite 1st gen the one that shipped with 150gig HD
Thema:

1. How to fix an Xbox One (1st gen) Overheating problem? - Similar Threads - fix 1st gen

2. Can't add a payment method fix

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add a payment method fix: At first you need to change your country/region to Germany. And you need to type this address while adding a payment method: Address Line 1: Boylstoin St. Postal code: 01605 City: Worcester...
  3. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?: My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated...
  4. how to fix xbox party not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to fix xbox party not working: "Background apps permission for Xbox are turned off others may not be able to hear you" i keep getting this message when i try to start or join a party. I can hear the party but they can't hear...
  5. Im desperate to know how to fix code 43 on device manager (display adapter)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im desperate to know how to fix code 43 on device manager (display adapter): [img] I uninstall reinstall ,update a lot from cmd and from settings, I looked at device manager so I unabled and reinabled, I cant roll back because this was my first one it might be directx or...
  6. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  7. How to fix joystick sensitivity?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix joystick sensitivity?: I play on laptop and I have wired controllers. For the past 2 years at least I have been unable to play my favourite game Minecraft because the update severely messed up the joystick sensitivity....
  8. Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it: Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it a373a5aa-3c70-444c-bc71-383a9b2174b6
  9. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  10. how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network"

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network": My friend and I are trying to play astroneer for the last week, but we found tons of problems with toredo in Windows 11, and now we are stuck with this error "Client on managed network". To be...