How to fix an issue with my xbox profile after making a new primary address?

Discus and support How to fix an issue with my xbox profile after making a new primary address? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a problem with my Xbox profile right after I made a new email address to set as my new primary and deleted my original before making... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Martin Miguel1, Dec 11, 2022.

1. How to fix an issue with my xbox profile after making a new primary address?

Hi, I am having a problem with my Xbox profile right after I made a new email address to set as my new primary and deleted my original before making the new one. When I signed in to my Xbox Series, the screen did not (still is) display my profile and my games and such as online games won't launch. It doesn't seem to recognize my actual account. I need help to figure this out as soon as possible.

:)

Martin Miguel1, Dec 11, 2022
  2. Leonard_Y Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has already been resolved. We won't be monitoring this thread in the future, so if you need more help, create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Leonardo_Y

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

Based on your description, it seems that your profile and your online games won't launch when you are signed in Xbox Series using your new email address. We need to investigate this to find the best possible fix to this issue.

We would like to ask additional information to better understand the situation, such as:

• When did you make this changes?
    • Are you getting error message/code when you try launching your games?
    • What have you done so far?
    So far, you can try the methods below and let us know if it helps.

• Power Cycle - check this link for the complete guide How to restart or power cycle your Xbox console | Xbox Support

You can restart, perform a full power cycle, or physically disconnect your Xbox console to reboot it completely and fix many common issues. This process does not erase any of your games or data.
    We hope this help. We look forward for your response!

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  4. [Farscape] Win User

How do I move an Xbox Live account to another email? And unlink it with my account?

it cannot be done, you can create an alias (new email address) for the account and then make that primary and remove the old address. but the account will always be associated with that xbox profile.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Email associated with Xbox account

First, add your new Microsoft email address by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/profile.

Once you have added the email address, set it as the new primary email address. After that don’t make any changes with the previous Microsoft email address, it will be set as secondary email on your account.

The detailed steps can be found on the link as well.
  6. Miken175 Win User

Cannot synchronize your data with the cloud

I found the solution.

Recently I've added an email alias to my Live account profile. The address was also my new primary email.

After I set the old email address as primary and restart my PC I was able to play.

Xbox Game Pass was pointing to an ID related to the new alias and was not able to find an active subscription.

This is a bug!!!

The subscription should be linked to the account not to a particular alias.

I hope this could help other gamers.
Thema:

1. How to fix an issue with my xbox profile after making a new primary address? - Similar Threads - fix issue profile

2. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??: My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops. 2e6fceb2-3fd5-4ec3-b2a4-06c0ba0fccbf
  3. How do I fix this issue?:

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix this issue?:: When swapping xbox profiles my party chat and game audio won't work until I restart my xbox, as well my party audio, when in parties, will randomly shift to game chat for no reason. This is a...
  4. Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?: Live in apartments, should have at minimum 20 different wifi connections listed, currently have 0. This is an everyday occurance and blaming everybodies routers and isps is getting old. I have...
  5. When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...: Hello! The problem in which you my console tells me that my Xbox 360 profile cannot access Xbox live when I’m using it through my Series S has been going on for a very long time now. It affects a...
  6. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  7. Is there any way to fix my issue with the LFG system?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to fix my issue with the LFG system?: I’ve not been able to post or join LFG posts for years, and it has persisted over several consoles. Soft resetting, changing settings, and changing network has never fixed it....
  8. I can't add or sign in on my xbox profile anybody know how to fix that issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't add or sign in on my xbox profile anybody know how to fix that issue: I can't sign in or add a profile on xbox one s 12f5e831-2634-4fb6-96ed-a1e9ba66a5f8
  9. Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...: This should work for almost every single case where you cannot download your Xbox 360 Profile. First of all I have more or less figured out that this is due to an IPv6 issue with the 360 File...
  10. how to fix issue with cod 2 downloading profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix issue with cod 2 downloading profile: i followed the steps to make my xbox live work on cod 2 but now it wont even let me download my profile, its saying i cant connect to xbox live check your connection, iv checked it and its fine...