How to fix a stopped installation?

Discus and support How to fix a stopped installation? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so I have been trying to download Red Dead Redemption 2 from my disc. My Xbox has enough space for the game to download but around 14.8% the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by cheyanne brehm, Feb 1, 2023.

1. How to fix a stopped installation?

Hi, so I have been trying to download Red Dead Redemption 2 from my disc. My Xbox has enough space for the game to download but around 14.8% the game stops downloading and it says “installation stopped”. When I restart the installation it stops again and the process repeats. What do I do?

:)

cheyanne brehm, Feb 1, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Cheyanne. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps below one at a time to sort out the issue.

Solution 1: Clear your local saved games and try reinstalling the game.

Eject the disc from your console.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage devices.

Select Clear local saved games.

Note: Selecting this option will not delete any games or progress you have saved in the Xbox cloud. It will only clear data you have saved locally.

Select Yes to confirm.

Once your console restarts, try installing the game again.

Solution 2: Take your console offline and install the game.

Step 1: Use your console offline

Follow these steps:

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

Select Go offline.

Step 2: Cancel the download

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select My games & apps > See all.

Select Manage > Queue.

Highlight the game you’re trying to install and press the Menu button  on the controller.

Select Cancel.

Step 3: Eject the game disc and power cycle the console

Eject the game disc.

Press and hold the Xbox button  to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console.

Select Restart.

Note If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button  on the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button  on the console again to restart.

Step 4: Install the game

After the console restarts, insert the disc. Follow the steps to install the game.

Note Make sure you do this before you reconnect to the internet.

Step 5: Go online and let the game update install

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

Select Go online.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

How to fix "installation stopped"?

Hi NicoBott, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try clearing your MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

Let me know if it works!
  4. Francia J. Win User

Installation stopped how to fix

If you have tried that and the same issue occurs, it may mean that the external hard drive is corrupted. To check if it's the console or the hard drive let's try to install a game with the hard drive unplugged.

Please unplug the external hard drive and then perform a powercycle before installing any game. Make sure to keep the hard drive unplugged.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  5. Francia J. Win User

You can manage it here, Athena:

"Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage devices.

Select Change install locations."

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Athena Prinkibas Win User

Hi I’m doing good thank you.

I’m on Xbox and it’s on disk but sometimes it happens on digital.
Thema:

1. How to fix a stopped installation? - Similar Threads - fix stopped installation

2. How do I fix the installation when it keeps stopping?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the installation when it keeps stopping?: I have been trying to download a xbox game but the installation keeps stopping. I've restarted my xbox, I've canceled the download and downloaded it again, and it still doesn't work. How do I fix...
  3. Any fixes to stop xbox from disconnecting from internet for around 5 seconds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any fixes to stop xbox from disconnecting from internet for around 5 seconds?: Hello, My Xbox Series X will every couple hours disconnect from the internet, kicking me from my party and online game. This happens for around 5 seconds, then I'm back online. As you may know...
  4. How do I fix installation stop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix installation stop: Hello I am having a little bit of a problem with my Xbox when ever I get a new game for instance cod mw 3 each time that I go to install it all I get is installation stoped plz help me with this...
  5. How to fix installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix installation stopped: Okay hi I've been having problems for awhile with this Xbox and I wondering how do i fix this problem, the problem is when im trying to update call of duty it wont update. It won't even start but...
  6. how to fix window installer has stopped working problem on window 7

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to fix window installer has stopped working problem on window 7: how to fix window installer has stopped working problem on window 7 free fire max pc version doesn"t install on my pc 50d16e4a-5171-4e9f-811e-a583a8cc19b5
  7. Installation stop error how do I fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stop error how do I fix it: Every game I download it tell me installation stop n ask me restart the Xbox but it still says the same thing 8c1b21e1-284c-48cc-ab89-2dfa48a58825
  8. How do i fix my installation constantly stopping on its own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i fix my installation constantly stopping on its own: Both digital and disc games constantly stop installing by themselves, how do i fix it? 8fb9ba1a-e251-41c2-8464-def4903949d1
  9. Disc game installation keeps stopping at the same spot. How do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc game installation keeps stopping at the same spot. How do I fix this?: I'm trying to install Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (disc version) but the installation always stops just before its "ready to play." Do I have corrupt files? I've tried downloading offline and...
  10. How fix installation stopped in installing disc based game offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How fix installation stopped in installing disc based game offline: GTA v installation stopped at 93 percent. I have tried all methods but in vain e5c1a16f-6ee5-406c-a222-5de177ded1a6