How to fix a PIN issue when logging into Minecraft with a Microsoft account?

Discus and support How to fix a PIN issue when logging into Minecraft with a Microsoft account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to log into Minecraft for my sister. My sister created an initial Microsoft account(Account 1) to log into her computer when she... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PettiPomsky, Jun 30, 2022.

1. PettiPomsky
    PettiPomsky Guest

Hello,

I'm trying to log into Minecraft for my sister. My sister created an initial Microsoft account(Account 1) to log into her computer when she first set the computer up. When we bought Minecraft, we created another Microsoft account(Account 2) for her to play Minecraft on.

We managed to download the launcher successfully. I clicked "Microsoft login" then a Xbox popup appeared. I then clicked "Sign In" and then signed in with Account 2. It then asked to create a "Windows Hello" PIN. We realized we never created a PIN for this Microsoft account, so we clicked "OK" thinking that it would help us set up a PIN. Then a Windows Security popup showed up asking for a PIN and no option to set it up.

Obviously, we were confused, but I decided to log out of the account she was currently using for Windows(Account 1). I then signed into Windows through Account 2 and used Windows Hello to set a PIN for Account 2. We tried to log into Minecraft again using Account 2 and its new PIN, but Windows Security says it's incorrect or "a dictionary attack has been mitigated." I've reset the PIN for Account 2 multiple times to no avail.

Does anybody have insight into this issue?

:)

PettiPomsky, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

You are welcome. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Have a great week!
  3. PettiPomsky Win User

I followed your instructions and it fixed the issue. I really appreciate your help Lucas.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, PettiPomsky. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

I believe in this case it would be better to not use the PIN to sign in since it is getting errors while authenticating.

- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Input options.

- Scroll down to the option "Require Windows Hello Sign In for Microsoft Accounts" and set it to disabled.

- On the Windows Hello PIN (above), click on remove. This will remove any PIN saved on Windows Hello for the account.

- If it asks for a password, confirm your Microsoft account password.

- Restart your computer.

See if you can sign in without a PIN and let me know how it goes.
  5. Rostom L Win User

How do you fix the PIN issue when logging into Minecraft with a Microsoft account? 2023

6. Rostom L Win User

How do you fix the PIN issue when logging into Minecraft with a Microsoft account? 2023

Hi Endrena!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Let's do our best to figure this out.

To confirm, are you referring to the Windows Hello PIN? Does it require you to enter a PIN when you login to the game? Does it require you to enter it on all of your games or just Minecraft?

What happens when you enter your PIN?
    What also happens when you try to disable it?

Check the link below for the steps:
    https://support.microsoft.com/windows/windows-s...
Thema:

1. How to fix a PIN issue when logging into Minecraft with a Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - fix PIN issue

2. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  3. How to fix joystick sensitivity?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix joystick sensitivity?: I play on laptop and I have wired controllers. For the past 2 years at least I have been unable to play my favourite game Minecraft because the update severely messed up the joystick sensitivity....
  4. Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it: Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it a373a5aa-3c70-444c-bc71-383a9b2174b6
  5. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  6. how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network"

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network": My friend and I are trying to play astroneer for the last week, but we found tons of problems with toredo in Windows 11, and now we are stuck with this error "Client on managed network". To be...
  7. How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.: ****This applies to the specific problem I was having in that my 360 consoles suddenly stopped connecting to Xbox Live and giving me this error code. My Series X connected just fine and I could...
  8. Can you morons fix the stupid pins customization on xbox it's freaking terrible I can't get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you morons fix the stupid pins customization on xbox it's freaking terrible I can't get...: Can you morons fix the stupid pins customization on xbox it's freaking terrible I can't get anything where I want it I gave up and just deleted all my pins smfh 74725fa3-9bfa-4cf4-8010-d96d796ee9fd
  9. How do you fix the PIN issue when logging into Minecraft with a Microsoft account? 2023

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you fix the PIN issue when logging into Minecraft with a Microsoft account? 2023: Hello, I'm trying to log into Minecraft for myself, for a few months now I've had a problem with the pin. I made a new Microsoft account so I could attempt to do this without needing to email my...
  10. Fix for the wrong pin or passkey glitch

in XBoX on Mobile
    Fix for the wrong pin or passkey glitch: So I recently found a fix for the pin or passkey glitch via Bluetooth trying to connect with your xbox one s controller. 1.Turn on the controller, make sure it is in the "connecting" state...