How to escalate a refund issue for Xbox Game Pass?

Discus and support How to escalate a refund issue for Xbox Game Pass? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; In November last year, there was a 3 months for $1 deal for Xbox Game Pass. I thought it was a good deal to try out the game pass so made the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DavidTran2, Feb 27, 2022.

1. DavidTran2
    DavidTran2 Guest

In November last year, there was a 3 months for $1 deal for Xbox Game Pass.

I thought it was a good deal to try out the game pass so made the purchase.

Two weeks ago, I realised that I had been incorrectly billed full price for both December and January. It seems that somehow I was only given 1 month in November and then was billed normally for December and January. Below is the timeline of actions from my side:

13 Feb: I clearly explained the issue and requested a refund using this form https://support.xbox.com/en-US/forms/request-a-refund

14 Feb: Received a refund denial: "We can’t provide a refund to this request. It’s been longer than our refund policy allows for digital game products. Thanks for understanding." It seems the explanation was not read properly and the refund was denied.

15 Feb: Submitted another refund request asking the support agent to please clearly read my explanation in the first request and that I should not have received these charges.

16 Feb: Received a refund but only for the January bill, still need to get my money back for December. Tried to submit another request but the form forces you to wait 72 hours before submitting another request

21 Feb: At this point, I am very frustrated by the lack of understanding and hours spent following up on this issue so I submit another request but also vented about the terrible support (in hindsight I should have been a bit calmer). Again I requested them to clearly read my explanation that I should not have received these charges, and I have even already received a refund for one of the months.

22 Feb: Received a refund denial: "We reviewed your requests and found it's/ they’re not eligible for a refund under section 16 of the Microsoft Terms of Sale.".

This time the support request number was not provided. The section just said, "Your support request number is if you need it."

It seems they are now trying to make it difficult for me to follow up?

27 Feb (today): I attempted to make another request but again received the message to wait for 72 hours.

I don't know where I should go now. I have searched but cannot find how to escalate this and get my money back.

I really don't want to have to keep submitting more support requests as it seems the agents are not understanding and it is taking up a lot of my time to clear up a mistake from Microsoft's side. (and I have to wait 72 hours every time it is denied!)

Does anyone know how I can escalate this? Also, apologies if this is the wrong place to post - please point me in the right direction if I should try somewhere else.

Regards,

David

:)

DavidTran2, Feb 27, 2022
  2. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello DavidTran2,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. I understand that you are attempting to receive a refund for a mischarge. If you have not done so already, I would recommend contacting our support team directly at Xbox Support - Contact Us. Keep in mind that contacting support does not guarantee a refund but you will be able to speak with a live agent.

Thank you,

-Tali
  3. Smwutches Win User

This forum is for community support. As above, you would need to contact support directly. You would need to find the options to request a call back or chat with support (not an expert gamer as they are not official support)
  4. DavidTran2 Win User

Can anyone help with this? :(
  5. DavidTran2 Win User

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I already tried this previously. I was connected with a "gamer in the community" - I am not sure if this is an actual MS support agent or not. When I explained the situation they simply directed me to the request a refund page that I linked in my original post above.

Is there a way to contact an agent that can directly help with my situation?
  6. SamC6 Win User

How to escalate a refund issue ?

Thank you for the reply. I have replied to the email decline - multiple times with information, and confirmation of the purchase and the refund request within the required time frame of the refund policy of 14 days -- it seems that the email i am sending
    is not being read and is never acknowledged -- i spoke to a person who told me that the first request was not properly responded to and i should get an email confirming the approval - and that he was not empowered to deal with it himself. then the note comes
    back as a decline with no explanation - jsut saying its closed. its been a circle of getting empty replies and not being heard. There seems to be no facility to escalate or have a dialog with them. I have tried phone and chat and they don't seem to be
    able to resolve it - although they do confirm the refund should have been issued. so frustrated.
Thema:

1. How to escalate a refund issue for Xbox Game Pass? - Similar Threads - escalate refund issue

2. WMR refunds

in XBoX on Windows
    WMR refunds: Is Microsoft going to refund us users of WMR for hardware and software purchased via the Microsoft store? Announcing that you are just going to brick our hardware and take away our PURCHASED...
  3. Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...: If there's a refund for this please tell us now because I would like this to stop popping up on my bank account please Microsoft do something about it or else we'll call the cops I'm about sick of...
  4. Account refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Account refund: someone got access to my account refuned my stuff and i never got the refund money 0f1b5022-27c7-4069-909c-3573d99bf5ad
  5. Hi i have a failed refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi i have a failed refund: Hi can anyone assist me I have a failed refund and when i sent Microsoft an email requesting them to ratcher credit my xbox account with the money so that i can pay for gamepass with it they...
  6. Refund Request- Can i escalate

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund Request- Can i escalate: is there anyway to speak to someone regarding my refund which was meant to take 30 days and were now nearly at 4 months? I had money taken out via my phone bill that was nothing to do with me,...
  7. How can i escalate a complaint?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can i escalate a complaint?: I have been awaiting a refund for over 3 months. They say it has been approved but it never turns up and I just getting a different excuse each time. I have rang, emailed and even sent letters...
  8. Is there anyway to escalate an issue with Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway to escalate an issue with Xbox?: I have spent hours on the phone with support trying to find a resolve. Is there any way to escalate an issue? I have the order number and emails showing the return. I bought tiny Tina’s...
  9. Can I get this escalated or is a litigation suit necessary?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I get this escalated or is a litigation suit necessary?: I've been a gamer on xbox for 10+ years and very rarely receive strikes on my account. September 19th I was playing Texas Chainsaw Massacre and encountered an irate player when I asked him if he...
  10. How do I escalate a concern with hardware and customer service?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I escalate a concern with hardware and customer service?: I’ve had issues with all series x controllers with drift, spoke to one person initially who said I’d receive an email with options at no cost, 3 follow up calls have been met with no updates or...