How to enable multiplayer in Minecraft after account settings have been changed?

Discus and support How to enable multiplayer in Minecraft after account settings have been changed? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to play Minecraft after a few years of not playing and like a year after migrating my Mojang account to my Microsoft account. When creating my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Max-Robin Schultz, Jun 7, 2023.

1. How to enable multiplayer in Minecraft after account settings have been changed?

I wanted to play Minecraft after a few years of not playing and like a year after migrating my Mojang account to my Microsoft account. When creating my account I wasn't yet old enough to change my privacy or whatever settings to allow multiplayer (e.g. realms), but am now.

So when starting up Minecraft I saw the popup box that told me "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings.". I went to the Xbox profile settings website and changed the necessary settings (join mutliplayer games: allow under online security for ... windows-10 devices). I thought that fixed the issue, but when opening up Minecraft again, I still couldn't join multiplayer games with still the same message showing as before and the multiplayer and realms buttons beeing greyed out.

I tried logging out of my Microsoft account for the Minecraft launcher and logging back in, restarting my pc and even reinstalling Minecraft altogether, but nothing worked to fix the issue. I don't really know what to do now and wanted to ask, if this is a common problem and if so, how to fix it.

I am sorry for any weird word choices or imperfect translations as English is not my first language and so the Xbox account page is in my first language, not English.

:)

Max-Robin Schultz, Jun 7, 2023
  2. Max-Robin Schultz Win User

How to enable multiplayer in Minecraft after account settings have been changed?

Hey,

first of all: Thank you for your fast reply and sorry, I didn't reply earlier.

The problem sorted itself out. I don't really know how, but when I started up Minecraft yesterday I could just log into a Realm server without a problem. So it seems that it just needed a bit of time.

Thanks for your help anyways and have a nice rest of the week! :)
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi Max-Robin! Sorry to hear about the issue. Let's do our best here to get this sorted out.

You mentioned that you had this problem few years ago due to having a child account. Is your account currently connected to a Microsoft Family? Kindly check and verify it through https://family.microsoft.com/

If it's connected to a Microsoft Family, please ask the organizer to manually change your privacy settings using their account or manually remove your account from the group.

If you're not part of any Microsoft Family group, I suggest that you create a new adult Microsoft/Xbox account and set up a family group using it through https://family.microsoft.com. Once you set up a group using the new account, add your main account as a member. Once added successfully, try changing your account privacy settings using the new account via https://account.xbox.com/Settings.
  4. Nicolas LST Win User

Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still.

I have downloaded the app, logged into the parent account, went to settings, clicked on the child account, and enabled Minecraft/multiplayer. But the multiplayer/realms are still disabled in the Minecraft main menu, as is the ability to turn off the profanity filter from the account settings on minecraft.net.

Is there any length of time I should expect before there is a change? Like a "changes may take up to 24 hours to process" type of thing?

I should mention I changed the settings on the Xbox family settings app from both the main menu where it shows the family, as well as the settings.

Edit:

I've done: Family tab > Member/Child account > Content Restrictions > Enabled every checkbox

as well as: Settings tab > Member/Child account > Manage Minecraft > Enabled every checkbox

Edit again: I do have to go to work so I probably won't respond for a while after this edit. I hope you have a great day. Until later!
  5. Tero_Koo Win User

Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings

Thanks for finding the page.

I wonder how this plays into the following:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/4408968616077

FAMILY GROUP MULTIPLAYER FEATURES

3. If Minecraft is rated above a member's age limit, enable Allow gameplay under Enable Minecraft to grant the member and exception to play it.

• Enable Multiplayer to let a member play Minecraft with others online, even if their account settings block them from multiplayer features.

We've set the multiplayer as "allow", and the page says this should override age restrictions, but multiplayer just remains grayed out and when hovering over it it tells us to check our microsoft account settings... which we have. :(

Sorry this issue is such a mess.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

my son birth date

Hi Bartucz, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, take a look here for detailed information: https://support.microsoft.com/accou...-account-837badbc-999e-54d2-2617-d19206b9540a

Using the adult Microsoft account that gave consent to the account, sign in to Manage child accounts.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2189464

Select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

As for Minecraft, you can enable the multiplayer on the Xbox Family Settings app on your mobile device.

In the Xbox Family Settings app:

Go to Settings > In Enable Minecraft > Select Allow this game.

Turn on Multiplayer to let a member play online with others

Enable Clubs so that a member can create and join Minecraft Realms servers.

To download the Family App: https://www.xbox.com/apps/family-settings-app

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. How to enable multiplayer in Minecraft after account settings have been changed? - Similar Threads - enable multiplayer Minecraft

2. Please how do I enable multiplayer on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please how do I enable multiplayer on Minecraft: Please how can I enable multiplayer on Minecraft on mobile c7fe4724-4d29-4099-b72c-1d6c686b6565
  3. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  4. Enable Multiplayer Minecraft for Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Enable Multiplayer Minecraft for Child Account: Hello, Today is October 6th, 2023. I have spent roughly 2.5 hours trying to figure out how to enable multiplayer on my two daughters Minecraft java edition account. I have tried all the steps and...
  5. Minecraft Multiplayer diabled when all microsodt settings are enabled for multiplayer

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Multiplayer diabled when all microsodt settings are enabled for multiplayer: In my minecraft java edition, it will come up with "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings". I've searched it up many times and every time it's the same response,...
  6. I can't enable Minecraft multiplayer, I thought I found the settings for it but that still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't enable Minecraft multiplayer, I thought I found the settings for it but that still...: I went to the Xbox settings and allowed all of the multiplayer permissions, but the Minecraft launcher still won't give me the option to play multiplayer? It just says to check Microsoft settings...
  7. How do I enable multiplayer on PC for Minecraft if I do not have an xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I enable multiplayer on PC for Minecraft if I do not have an xbox account: My son's Microsoft a ccount is connected to mine. He has Minecraft on his PC and I am trying to enable multiplayer. All of the instructions mentioned going into xbox settings. We don't have an...
  8. I can't enable Minecraft Multiplayer even though I enabled it in settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't enable Minecraft Multiplayer even though I enabled it in settings.: Today, I bought the Minecraft bundle pack including Java and Bedrock and for some reason when I try to play with my friends on Java, I can't turn on the multiplayer option even though it's on in...
  9. I cant enable Multiplayer on my Java edition of Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant enable Multiplayer on my Java edition of Minecraft: I recently got Minecraft today and it said that go to Microsoft account settings . But once there i could not find where in settings I needed to go. I watched a bunch of videos and they told me to...
  10. Can't enable multiplayer in Minecraft for my child's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't enable multiplayer in Minecraft for my child's account: I have tried to locate the "Enable Minecraft" section of the setting for my child's family Xbox account, but I am unable to locate it. How do I enable multiplayer for a child account (playing on a...